Do you have a question you want to ask to an experienced team of diabetes Health Professionals? The health care professionals of the Diabetes Team lend their many years of experience to answer your questions. Be sure to read the Diabetes Team Disclaimer and the Message from the Diabetes Team. You can review the credentials of our Diabetes Team members by clicking on their names below or on their initials in each answer.
[ Topical Index | Current Questions | Jan 18 | Dec 17 | Nov 17 | Oct 17 | Sep 17 | Aug 17 | Jul 17 | More... | Submit Question ]
- Symptomatic for diabetes, I took my son to a doctor who ran tests and told me not to worry. However, the regular pediatrician was concerned and ran the tests again. Should I be worried? My son has been thirsty, urinating more and has a dark ring around his neck. (29 Aug 2012)
- Is there any evidence that oral contraceptives help improve blood sugar control? (15 Aug 2012)
- Do children with type 1 experience the need to wiggle their toes due to an irritating "itchy" feeling between them? My son often comments about this. (8 Aug 2012)
- My half-Finnish daughter has had type 1 for seven years. She has several related autoimmune issues. When she is in Finland visiting relatives, are there any studies in which she could participate? We understand Finns have a high rate of type 1. (8 Aug 2012)
- Born with transposition of the arteries, my toddler is not having issues with lack of focus, constant thirst, sometimes wetting his bed. Given some family history, should I be concerned about diabetes? (8 Aug 2012)
The Diabetes TeamPhysicians
Bill Jones, MD (Specialist in the management of diabetes during pregnancy, member since April 1997)
Marco Songini, MD (Italy) (Pediatric, adolescent, and adult endocrinologist and diabetologist, member since April 1997)
Larry Deeb, MD (Pediatric Endocrinologist, member since July 1998)
John Schulga, MBChB MRCGP MRCP FRCPCH (UK) (Consultant Paediatrician in childhood and adolescent diabetes and endocrinology, member since July 1999)
Stuart Brink, MD (Pediatric Endocrinologist, member since October 1999)
Matthew Brown, MD (Pediatrician and a Pediatric Diabetologist, member since January 2000)
Jim Lane, MD (Adult Endocrinologist, member since November 2000)
David Schwartz, MD (Pediatric Endocrinologist, member since May 2001)
Andrea Scaramuzza, MD (Italy) (Pediatric Endocrinologist, member since October 2003)
Linda DiMeglio, MD (Pediatric Endocrinologist)
Barb Schreiner, RN, MPH, CDE (Diabetes Nurse Specialist, member since July 2002)
Jane Seley, RN, GNP, MPH, MSN, CDE, CHES (Diabetes Nurse Practitioner, member since August 2002)
Joe Solowiejczyk, RN, MSW (Family Therapist, member since April 2010)
Linda Mackowiak, RN, MS, FNP, CDE (Diabetes Nurse Specialist)
Jill Weissberg-Benchell, PhD (Medical Psychology and Psychiatry, member since January 2000)
James Michael Schurig, MS, RD, LD, CDE (Dietitian, member since December 2000)
Rick Philbin, M.Ed., A.T.C., C.S.C.S (Sports Medicine, member since July 2004)
Lois Schmidt Finney, RD, MPH, CDE (DPT-1 Research Coordinator, member since July 1998)
Heather Speer, MPH, CCRC, CDE (Clinical Diabetes Research and Education Coordinator, member since July 1998)
Debbie Butler, CDE, MSW, LICSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker, member since October 2004)
And Our Occasional Experts
Last Updated: Wednesday August 29, 2012 15:29:54
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.