Question:

From Spokane, Washington, USA:

I am extremely sensitive to insulin. I have had this disease for 34 years with no complications to date. Back when I used the pen as part of my treatment, I used the NovoPen Junior. With it, I used Lantus, which only lasted for 12 hours. Then, I went to an insulin pump. I really struggled to get the settings correct - too low...rebound...too high. I am very tired of fighting this battle. I have recently tried Afrezza with great success. I think I would like to try to step away from my pump and use the NovoPen Junior again so I can give myself half units for my bolus, without the pump. My NovoPen I used years ago came from my doctor. It is now broken. The cartridge holder is missing. How can I get a new pen if my doctor no longer has one to give me? If there is a cost, how much is it?

Answer:

Please ask if your endocrinologist has a NovoPen Echo. If not, please contact NovoNordisk via this Contact page.

NB

Last Updated: Tuesday November 22, 2016 15:51:02

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.