Question:

From Montreal, Quebec, Canada:

I know a little girl who has been wearing an Omnipod for a few months. Her parents are reporting radical absorption differences between sites, to the point where they must reduce the basal by 20% when she wears it on the abdomen. I have only noted mild site variation in the past, so I would appreciate your feedback. I've established that the insertion technique is fine; no lipohypertrophy and no intermuscular injection.

Answer:

This is very odd. I have no experience with such site problems with Omnipod. Also, if this happens only on the abdomen, then try some alternative sites, i.e., buttocks, lateral abdomen or even arms and legs to see if this can be replicated.

[Editor's comment: Please contact Omnipod for advice. BH]

Posted to Insulin Pumps

Last Updated: Monday January 09, 2017 20:07:42

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.