Question:

From United States:

I have had ype 1 diabetes for 18 years. I have a family history of heart disease (though not of diabetes). My yearly blood work is fairly consistent, with HDLs in the mid 60s, LDLs 100 to 103, and triglycerides 40 to 50. A1cs are mostly in the 7.5-8.5 range. I am not overweight or a smoker, though I eat poorly yet get a ton of exercise. Are there any heart tests or scans that can be done to detect the presence of plaque or hardened arteries, in neck or heart?

Answer:

I would suggest a consultation with a cardiologist to determine your risk score to decide what diagnostic tests are needed.

JS

Last Updated: Monday January 09, 2017 20:53:09

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.