Dr. Marco Songini is Director, Diabetes Centre, Ospedale S. Michele in Cagliari, Italy. He is in charge of the Unit of Adolescent Diabetology. He is a specialist in diabetes care, endocrinology and nutrition, and has been in practice for twenty years.
Marco is a nationally-known expert in diabetes education and cooperates in a number of international research projects in the field of IDDM, including:
- Sardinian Area Leader for the EEC - EURODIAB Project (A: Epidemiology; B: Complications),
- EURODIAB TIGER ( EUROpe and DIABetes: Type 1 Genetic Epidemiology Resource),
- IDA Insulin-dependent Diabetes mellitus in young Adults in Europe,
- ENI (European Newborn IDDM Study), and
- "HOT & COLD SPOTS" Project for the prevention of IDDM in Sardinia.
He lives with his wife Ilaria, a psychotherapist, and his two children, Aurelio and Emma, in the beautiful island of Sardinia.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:50
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.