Back to Ask the Diabetes Team About Dr. John Schulga

John Schulga, MD, MRCGP, MRCP, FRCPCH, is a Consultant Paediatrician in Stirling and Falkirk, Scotland. He writes:

I am currently a consultant paediatrician working in Stirling and Falkirk, around 30 miles northeast of Glasgow. My special interests are childhood and adolescent diabetes, endocrinology and growth, with a particular interest in the late endocrine effects of childhood cancer treatment. I presently head the diabetes team in my area, where we look after around 130 children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes. I work with a team of two children's diabetes specialist nurses, a dietitian, a psychologist and a podiatrist. We are working as part of a network in East central Scotalnd, with two other teams, sharing guidelines and developing effective strategies to optimise glycaemic control and quality of life. I am very keen on empowerment for our families and families with diabetic children in general, and would very much wish to help you out in any way that I can.