A1c, Glycohemoglobin, HgbA1c from 2009
- My daughter's new endocrinologist has recommended metformin to help my daughter improve her A1c and have lower blood sugar levels. Is this really safe for someone with type 1? (26 Dec 2009)
- My teen's son's A1c is up to 9. He does all his own diabetes care. Many of the numbers on his meter are high. Am I missing something? (29 Sep 2009)
- Recently, my son has had elevated fasting blood sugars at home. Should I continue to check him, then ask for an A1c or ask for an A1c now? (27 Aug 2009)
- My teen daughter has been struggling with her A1c. She doesn't want to work to lower it, assuming it will lead to weight gain. How can we convince her she needs to work on lowering it? (29 Jul 2009)
- Does anyone know where I can find an article regarding how the presence of a diabetes school plan affected the child's final glycohemoglobin? (7 Jun 2009)
- My recent A1c was 6.6, the same as at diagnosis. The nurse has said the doctor is pleased, but I feel my efforts have been negligible. Should I get a second opinion? (27 Mar 2009)
- Since trying Glucerna, my husband has extreme stomach gas and constipation. Is the Glucerna causing this? (8 Mar 2009)
- My son has MODY 2. I am concerned about his A1c being too high, but several doctors have said not to worry, given the current regimen. Should I stop worrying? (7 Jan 2009)
Topical Index |
Current A1c Questions |
Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:50
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.