A1c, Glycohemoglobin, HgbA1c from 2013
- A year ago, my daughter's A1c was 9.6. She struggled to keep from gaining weight. Now, her A1c is 7.6 and she has lost weight. Can consistent highs prevent weight loss even when on a low calorie/low carbohydrate diet? (19 Nov 2013)
- My teenaged daughter's A1c is its highest. She often forgets to bolus and grazes a lot. Do all teens rebel against diabetes? How can I help her? (18 Jun 2013)
- My daughter's A1c was 9%, the highest it's ever been. She has school related stress, mood swings, fatigue. Her face is a bit puffy and she doesn't feel "right." What do you recommend we do? (20 Mar 2013)
- My daughter's diabetes team is pleased with her A1c. They want me to correct her to 100 mg/dl [5.6 mmol/L] at night, but I am not comfortable with this. Am I being unreasonable? (6 Feb 2013)
- Our primary physician and I are concerned about my young daughter's elevated A1cs while the endocrinologist is not. What do you recommend? Should I seek a second opinion? (9 Jan 2013)
Topical Index |
Current A1c Questions |
Last Updated: Sunday December 01, 2013 14:28:30
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.