Diagnosis and Symptoms from 2014
- I suspect my son has acanthrosis nigricans. I have been advised to take him to a pediatric endocrinologist for tests. What is your opinion? (10 Nov 2014)
- At times, my son is lethargic and vomits. His blood sugar goes up some if he eats. Does he have diabetic tendencies? Should I have him seen by an endocrinologist? (27 Aug 2014)
- Recently, my daughter has had blood sugars as high as 200 mg/dl [11.1 mmol/l]. The doctor did not check her blood sugar. Should I take her to the Emergency Room? (11 Jul 2014)
- I have had type 1 for 21 years. My son is close to a diagnosis of "prediabetes." What do you suggest we do to keep the disease from progressing? (11 May 2014)
- When my young son had blood work, his blood sugar was fine. There is a maternal history of type 1. Should I be concerned? He is going to have a glucose tolerance test. (14 Apr 2014)
- My young son had a glucose tolerance test with "normal" results. Today, he was 195 mg/dl [10.8 mmol/L] an hour after eating. Should I be concerned? (26 Mar 2014)
- After a diagnosis of type 1, our daughter was re-diagnosed with MODY4 and put on glyburide. Her control is good. Could she still have type 1 and be in her honeymoon? (19 Feb 2014)
Topical Index |
Current Diagnosis and Symptoms Questions |
Last Updated: Monday November 10, 2014 14:52:58
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.