Genetics and Heredity from 2005
- My grandson was just diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. Should his identical twin also get tested for diabetes? (26 Dec 2005)
- Since my husband and his father both have type 1, what are the chances our future children will have it? How can we prevent it? (29 Nov 2005)
- I've had dizziness and numbness on the left side of my body. I am going to be tested for diabetes, which runs in my father's family. Is diabetes hereditary? (15 Oct 2005)
- If I have type 1 diabetes, hyperthyroidism, and type II polyglandular autoimmune disease, does this increase my chances of passing my autoimmune genes to my children? (2 Oct 2005)
- My husband and his daughter both have type 1. Does this mean our daughter has a greater risk of it? Should she have annual blood work as a precaution? (15 Aug 2005)
- My youngest son has diabetes, but no other family member does. Why did it skip my other children? (6 Aug 2005)
- What are the chances of two people with type 1 having a child with type 1? Is it possible to employ "genetic engineering" to "remove" the afflicted genetic materials? (16 Jul 2005)
- If my children follow a healthy diet and are physically active, will it delay or prevent the onset of diabetes, if they are genetically predisposed? (16 Jun 2005)
- I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes in 2001, but the diabetes never went away. I was told I had type 2. Could I have late onset type 1? (6 Jun 2005)
- Is it possible for siblings to have diabetes? We are concerned that two of our children had elevated blood sugars. One daughter already has diabetes. (12 Apr 2005)
- If someone with pre-diabetes marries, what are the potential health problems for his children? (26 Feb 2005)
- Can people with diabetes have children? (21 Jan 2005)
- How common is it for siblings to have type 1 diabetes? I have two daughters who both have type 1. (21 Jan 2005)
- I have a child diagnosed at nine months old. How long would you recommend I breast feed a new baby? Is there anything else I can do diet-wise? (11 Jan 2005)
Topical Index |
Current Genetics and Heredity Questions |
Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:50
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.