Genetics and Heredity from 2006
- Can you tell me if having type 1 diabetes will predispose a person to having any of the "antibodies" or "genetic markers" that are found in a person with confirmed celiac disease? (26 Oct 2006)
- My son has idiopathic glucose intolerance. Will it get worse with time? Does a parent with pernicious anemia make a child more likely to have a certain type of diabetes? (3 Oct 2006)
- Does gestational diabetes put either the mother or child at a higher risk of developing diabetes? (22 Aug 2006)
- Is diabetes inherited? My uncle had type 1. Could my daughter have it since she is not gaining weight? (30 Apr 2006)
- What are the odds of one family having three children with diabetes? Could my children have type 1 due to their father's family having rheumatoid arthritis? (11 Mar 2006)
- Our two sons have type 1, yet our daughters don't. Why did the boys get diabetes and not the girls? Are the underlying causes of type 1 diabetes known? (3 Mar 2006)
- My son has type 1 and my husband has ulcerative colitis, both autoimmune disorders. What are the chances another child would have an autoimmune disorder? (29 Jan 2006)
Topical Index |
Current Genetics and Heredity Questions |
Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:50
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.