Insulin from 2010
- What is your recommended rule of thumb for converting to an injections strategy in the event of a pump failure and a replacement pump is not available for, say, 48 hours? (30 Nov 2010)
- Other than pregnancy, what are the possible reasons for a very sudden increased insulin requirement? I have had type 1 for seven years and my diabetes has been stable for years. (23 Nov 2010)
- On NPH and NovoRapid, my daughter often has unexpected highs and lows. Would her blood sugars be more stable if she were on Levemir? (20 Oct 2010)
- Can insulin be degraded in blood and ECF which become a reason for its decreased effectiveness? How do abnormal levels of HBA1c effect oxygen levels and results thereof? (5 Oct 2010)
- Since an early July seizure, our daughter has been much more sensitive to insulin. We now have to give her diluted insulin. Have you heard of such sensitivities before? (27 Sep 2010)
- My daughter experienced a honeymoon in February 2010. In the past month, she has again needed to reduce her insulin drastically. What do you think is going on? (27 Jul 2010)
- Since I started taking insulin, I have been experiencing edema, which is not being helped by diuretics. What do you suggest? (15 Jul 2010)
- The doctor suggested switching my son from NPH and Regular to NovoLog and Lantus. Is there a way to continue the old regimen and get better control? (14 Jul 2010)
- Diagnosed a month ago, my son was having lows so the endocrinologist changed his insulin-to-carbohydrate ratios, the ones for breakfast and lunch drastically. Why would he make such drastic changes? (8 Jun 2010)
- My daughter was just diagnosed and I am concerned about having to limit her carbohydrates drastically to avoid blood sugar spikes. Is this normal? (8 Jun 2010)
- Is it possible that extra insulin can interfere in filtration from micro-vessels and from liver, kidney, etc. and cause some problem because it is a big molecule and exogenous insulin can be bit odd for body's normal handling? (31 Mar 2010)
- Since a stomach bug a week ago, my son has needed no insulin to cover foods and has had in range blood sugars. Is this common after an illness? (15 Mar 2010)
- When our grandson comes to visit, we have to call his parents for insulin dosing guidance. Is there a formula for determining the dosing? (18 Feb 2010)
- What is the suggested formula for calculating a return to MDI from pump therapy either for short term in cases of pump failure and for longer term return to MDI? (22 Jan 2010)
Topical Index |
Current Insulin Questions |
Last Updated: Tuesday November 30, 2010 22:08:22
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.