Insurance/Costs from 2007
- What do universities typically do to insure the health of students will type 1? (18 Dec 2007)
- My nephew with type 1 lost his job and has no medical insurance. When he comes to live with us in California, is there any public aid he can get until he finds a job/insurance? (16 Dec 2007)
- First diagnosed with type 1, I was then diagnosed with type 2 due to negative antibodies. I resumed insulin immediately. Is it possible to have type 1 with negative antibodies? (27 Oct 2007)
- Where can an uninsured mom find help for her son who has symptoms of diabetes? (21 Sep 2007)
- Where can I get insulin pump supplies at no cost? My husband is on disability and I currently have no insurance. (8 Sep 2007)
- Our insurance company is not covering the Real-Time continuous glucose monitor for my child. What do you suggest I put in the appeal letter I plan to send to them? (7 Aug 2007)
- I tried to get insurance through my employer, but had an issue with a pre-existing clause. I was told that insurers in Texas cannot have a pre-existing clause. What can I do? (24 Jun 2007)
- I got a whole life insurance policy for my daughter two years ago. She was recently diagnosed with type 1. Do I need to notify the insurance company of this? (30 May 2007)
- How can I convince my insurance carrier that the OmniPod would help me stay healthy and would help me avoid frequent lows? They have denied me coverage. (12 May 2007)
- Our insurance company will cover only three test strips per day for my son's meter, but will pay for more strips of another brand. Is this common? (9 May 2007)
- I am losing my Healthy Families and CCS coverage because our family gross income is just over the limit. Where can I find other insurance or help? (25 Apr 2007)
- I am getting a divorce. My husband wants me to get insurance through my job, but it's too expensive. CIGNA won't cover my daughter. What can I do? (27 Feb 2007)
- We want to get a Medtronic pump with a monitor for our daughter, but Blue Cross and Medicaid will not pay for the monitor or its supplies. Why isn't this part covered? (27 Jan 2007)
Topical Index |
Current Insurance Questions |
Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:50
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.