[ Topical Index | Current Questions | Mar 18 | Feb 18 | Jan 18 | Dec 17 | Nov 17 | Oct 17 | More... | Submit Question ]
- Following an illness, my daughter's blood sugar has been variable at home. She tested negative for antibodies. What could be causing her erratic blood sugars? (17 Jan 2018)
- For a month, my toddler has been urinating only once a day, or less. Her breath smells like ketones. Could she have diabetes? What do you advise? (24 Jan 2016)
- I would like to understand ketones better. What causes them? How do they affect the bod? How are they formed? (13 Jan 2016)
- Our daughter randomly gets sick with large ketones. She eats and drinks extra, takes additional insulin. What could be causing this? (30 Apr 2014)
- My son was spilling ketones with a high blood sugar last night, then he was low. Ketones returned this morning. Was this due to dehydration? When do I need to call the doctor? (28 Aug 2013)
- When my son is ill, I smell acetone in his breath. Is this something about which I should be worried? (5 Jan 2011)
- Is it necessary to check for ketones? For a year and a half, we have not checked our son for ketones when he has highs, just made corrections. (18 Oct 2010)
- During a recent stomach bug, my daughter, who does not have diabetes, had low blood sugars and ketones. Why? (13 Sep 2008)
[ Topical Index | Current Ketones Questions | Questions from 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 ]
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Wednesday January 17, 2018 18:07:35
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.