Mental Health from 2006
- Do antidepressants affect glucose control? Do they cause someone to change their insulin dose? (28 Nov 2006)
- Can a teenager's emotional state affect their blood sugar? (24 Oct 2006)
- My teen son is not coping well these days. Some of his classmates tease him about missing gym and such. How can I submit his name for a transplant? (29 Sep 2006)
- Diagnosed with type 1 in November 2005, my son is not coping well. Where can I find a counselor? No one seems to have any openings. (19 Aug 2006)
- Are there any studies or information available to show whether stress affects blood sugars in a juvenile? (9 Aug 2006)
- In Massachusetts, where can I find a therapist who is good with teens and also is a CDE? I need help for a non-compliant teen. (31 Jul 2006)
- If diabetes isn't taken care of, can it cause mental issues? Can it cause someone to become schizophrenic or bipolar or have random fits of anger? (25 Jul 2006)
- Are other disorders, such as ADD, bipolar, obsessive-compulsive sometimes associated with diabetes? (22 Jun 2006)
- Is there any known correlation between autoimmune diseases and levels of lithium naturally found in the body? (23 May 2006)
- Since going on Abilify, my daughter has needed to increase her basal insulin 75%. Is this common with this medication? Is this safe? (11 May 2006)
- My daughter feels diabetes is unfair and sneaks food. But, she doesn't always take insulin. What should I do? Is depression normal for children with diabetes? (15 Apr 2006)
- Could hypoglycemia be the cause of my depression? (3 Apr 2006)
- Since his diagnosis, my teen son has been depressed and suicidal. Could there be a correlation between his hypothyroidism, uncontrolled blood sugars and depression? (17 Feb 2006)
- My adult son's ability to take care of his diabetes worsens every year. He is often low and has mental helath issues. How can I get help? (4 Feb 2006)
- We want to send our teen son to Cumberland Hospital, but our insurance company is against this. How can we get help for our son? (30 Jan 2006)
- Although my son handled his diagnosis well for three months, he now is an emotional wreck, worrying about silly things. What should I do? (29 Jan 2006)
- Despite exercise and diet, my daughter is overweight. What could the problem be? She is also depressed. Could she be deficient in certain minerals or vitamins? (18 Jan 2006)
[ Topical Index | Current Mental Health Questions | Questions from 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 ]
Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:50
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.