Mental Health from 2006
- Do antidepressants affect glucose control? Do they cause someone to change their insulin dose? (28 Nov 2006)
- Can a teenager's emotional state affect their blood sugar? (24 Oct 2006)
- My teen son is not coping well these days. Some of his classmates tease him about missing gym and such. How can I submit his name for a transplant? (29 Sep 2006)
- Diagnosed with type 1 in November 2005, my son is not coping well. Where can I find a counselor? No one seems to have any openings. (19 Aug 2006)
- Are there any studies or information available to show whether stress affects blood sugars in a juvenile? (9 Aug 2006)
- In Massachusetts, where can I find a therapist who is good with teens and also is a CDE? I need help for a non-compliant teen. (31 Jul 2006)
- If diabetes isn't taken care of, can it cause mental issues? Can it cause someone to become schizophrenic or bipolar or have random fits of anger? (25 Jul 2006)
- Are other disorders, such as ADD, bipolar, obsessive-compulsive sometimes associated with diabetes? (22 Jun 2006)
- Is there any known correlation between autoimmune diseases and levels of lithium naturally found in the body? (23 May 2006)
- Since going on Abilify, my daughter has needed to increase her basal insulin 75%. Is this common with this medication? Is this safe? (11 May 2006)
- My daughter feels diabetes is unfair and sneaks food. But, she doesn't always take insulin. What should I do? Is depression normal for children with diabetes? (15 Apr 2006)
- Could hypoglycemia be the cause of my depression? (3 Apr 2006)
- Since his diagnosis, my teen son has been depressed and suicidal. Could there be a correlation between his hypothyroidism, uncontrolled blood sugars and depression? (17 Feb 2006)
- My adult son's ability to take care of his diabetes worsens every year. He is often low and has mental helath issues. How can I get help? (4 Feb 2006)
- We want to send our teen son to Cumberland Hospital, but our insurance company is against this. How can we get help for our son? (30 Jan 2006)
- Although my son handled his diagnosis well for three months, he now is an emotional wreck, worrying about silly things. What should I do? (29 Jan 2006)
- Despite exercise and diet, my daughter is overweight. What could the problem be? She is also depressed. Could she be deficient in certain minerals or vitamins? (18 Jan 2006)
Topical Index |
Current Mental Health Questions |
Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:50
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.