Pills for Diabetes from 2009
- My daughter's new endocrinologist has recommended metformin to help my daughter improve her A1c and have lower blood sugar levels. Is this really safe for someone with type 1? (26 Dec 2009)
- Despite Glucovance, diet and exercise, my blood sugars were elevated. Now on Glucophage and Amaryl, I see no difference. Is my pancreas slowly dying? (2 Dec 2009)
- Which diabetic conditions and diabetic medicines can slightly lower blood pH? (3 Jun 2009)
- Can metformin's effect be attributed just to its acidic (lactic) effect causing vasodilation and more transcapillary movements of glucose and insulin? (3 Jun 2009)
- Can oral medications for diabetes and exogenous insulin cause some instability or impairment in endogenous insulin's production and secretion? (15 May 2009)
- What can you tell me about the dosing of metformin in children? A friend has indicated that her 12-year-old's dose was increased to 1500 mg. (6 May 2009)
- What are the possible side effects of taking metformin regarding lactic acid? (8 Mar 2009)
[ Topical Index | Current Pills Questions | Questions from 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:50
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.