School and Daycare from 1997
- Can blood sugar levels affect learning? (27 Nov 97)
- I am part of a team in the state of Arizona who is setting up guidelines for care of the child with diabetes in the organized day care setting. (23 Oct 97)
- As a school nurse, I am frequently asked to care for a diabetic student. I have an 8 year old Type l student who I can't seem to get into control. (6 Oct 97)
- The teachers have been great up until today. Now they are claiming that they must have someone who is "trained" to check her sugar. (14 Sep 97)
- My daughter is 20 months old. Is there a special day care center for her? (12 Sep 97)
- I'm a school nurse who has been asked for help for a first grade teacher who has a student newly-diagnosed. (12 Sep 97)
- Her mother told me to give diet Coke when her blood was above 200 as that would bring it down as good as insulin. Is that correct? (22 Jul 97)
- Everywhere I check, the pre-school will check her blood sugars, but no one will give her a shot if she needs it. (17 Jun 97)
- I am a school psychologist with a new student who has diabetes. I've been asked how her diabetes might effect her educationally. (5 Jun 97)
- If there is anyone out there who wouldn't mind giving me a little advice about how they handled college I would greatly appreciate it! (28 Mar 97)
- I recently found out that a very good friend of mine has diabetes. Every time I don't see her I get scared that she is sick. (18 Jan 97)
Topical Index |
Current School and Daycare Questions |
Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:52
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.