School and Daycare from 2009
- The school doesn't want my son checking his blood sugar in class but, with the outbreak of flu, I am concerned about all the viruses now in her office. What do you suggest we do? (8 Nov 2009)
- Can NPH insulin make a child become tired and weak in knees even though his blood sugar is 200 mg/dl [11.1 mmol/L]? (6 Oct 2009)
- My daughter is going on a week long school trip. The attending first aid person isn't familiar with diabetes. What do you suggest? (26 Sep 2009)
- I am a school nurse and have an incoming kindergartner on a pump. An LVN will be at the school when I am not there. What kind of nursing assistance should this student have? (31 Aug 2009)
- My son attends a private Christian school. Is he covered by any laws? (27 Aug 2009)
- Is there any empirical data showing the effects that heat and humidity have on children with type 1 diabetes? (15 Jul 2009)
- Does anyone know where I can find an article regarding how the presence of a diabetes school plan affected the child's final glycohemoglobin? (7 Jun 2009)
- When my son goes to all day kindergarten in September, who will be responsible for counting his carbohydrates at lunch? (10 May 2009)
- My son's school wants a doctor's note each time he is absent. Is there something that says a parental note is okay if the absence is diabetes related? (21 Apr 2009)
- The school nurse doesn't approve of in-class blood sugar testing. Do I have the right to insist my daughter be allowed to test her blood sugar in the classroom? (13 Apr 2009)
- My son's 504 was put in place on March 31, 2008 so the school wants me to conduct a meeting to renew it since one year is nearing. How should I proceed? (14 Mar 2009)
Topical Index |
Current School and Daycare Questions |
Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:52
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.