Transplants from 2000
- My five month old baby has been diagnosed with neonatal diabetes. I know there are data to prove that pig islets work. (2 Dec 2000)
- I want your suggestions for an insulin free life. Can we go for pancreas drafting or transplant? Any other new invention? (15 Nov 2000)
- My son had nesidioblastosis and now has diabetes. Our doctor told us he is a perfect candidate for a transplant. Do you have any information? (7 Nov 2000)
- Will I ever be able to come off these drugs if a better treatment arises? (1 Nov 2000)
- Is it worth trading diabetes for possible cancer? (31 Oct 2000)
- I have heard rumors about new medicines so he will not have to have shots. Is there any truth to this? (12 Oct 2000)
- Would it be possible to extract some of her own remaining "good" islet cells and either transplant them or clone them for later transplant? (10 Oct 2000)
- My son has had type 1 diabetes for two years and really hates it. I was wondering if there are pancreas transplants or any sort of cure. (10 Oct 2000)
- My brother-in-law has diabetes. He has heard of a shot available only in Canada for the treatment of diabetes. Can you give us more information? (8 Oct 2000)
- At this time, my husband's mother is very close to expiring. Could she be a cell donor for my son? (6 Oct 2000)
- Could my daughter take my kidney if I pass all the tests for kidney donors? (20 Jul 2000)
- If my daughter should require a kidney transplant, what tests are done to check for compatibility? (3 Jul 2000)
- Is it feasible that enough donated pancreas can be found to "cure" a large portion of the population? (28 Jun 2000)
- My daughter read of the successful islet cell transplant performed at the University of Alberta in Canada. (20 Jun 2000)
- I read something about a British doctor who was able to surgically put some insulin cells in the bodies of 8 of patients. (12 Jun 2000)
- What is the success rate/statistics of Pancreatic Islet Cell Transplantation? (6 Jan 2000)
[ Topical Index | Current Transplants Questions | Questions from 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:52
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.