Celiac News from 2008
31 December 2008
- Diagnosing Mild Enteropathy Celiac Disease: A Randomized, Controlled Clinical Study.
- Prevalence of celiac disease in Iranian children with idiopathic short stature.
24 December 2008
- The everyday life of adolescent coeliacs: issues of importance for compliance with the gluten-free diet.
- Compliance with gluten-free diet in children with coeliac disease.
- Increased FOXP3 expression in small-bowel mucosa of children with coeliac disease and type I diabetes mellitus.
- A report on the international transglutaminase autoantibody workshop for celiac disease.
17 December 2008
- Shared and Distinct Genetic Variants in Type 1 Diabetes and Celiac Disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
10 December 2008
- Complications in Celiac Disease Under Gluten-Free Diet.
- Long-Term Effect of Gluten-Free Diet on Growth Velocity in Turkish Children with Celiac Disease.
- Celiac disease: pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, and associated autoimmune conditions.
- A New Diet Villain.
3 December 2008
- Selenium deficiency in celiac disease: risk of autoimmune thyroid diseases.
- HLA-DQ and risk gradient for celiac disease.
26 November 2008
- Neurological disorders in adult celiac disease.
19 November 2008
- beta-cell autoimmunity in pediatric celiac: the case for routine screening?
12 November 2008
- Infectious associations of Celiac disease.
- A prospective evaluation of endoscopic markers for identifying celiac disease in patients with high and low probability of having the disease.
- Electrochemical Immunosensor for Detection of Celiac Disease Toxic Gliadin in Foodstuff. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
5 November 2008
- Double Diagnosis: Living with Type 1 Diabetes and Celiac Disease.
29 October 2008
- Celiac disease in African American children with type 1 diabetes mellitus in inner city Brooklyn.
- Increased Risk for Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma in Individuals with Celiac Disease and a Potential Familial Association.
22 October 2008
- Commercial assays to assess gluten content of gluten-free foods: why they are not created equal.
- Effect of gluten-free diet on preventing recurrence of gastroesophageal reflux disease-related symptoms in adult celiac patients with nonerosive reflux disease.
- Clinical presentation of celiac disease and the diagnostic accuracy of serologic markers in children.
- Antigliadin immunoglobulin A best in finding celiac disease in children younger than 18 months of age.
- Seroprevalence of celiac disease at a general pediatric outpatient clinic. Free Portuguese language full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Celiac disease in children--modern diagnostic approach.
- Malignancies in cases with screening-identified evidence of coeliac disease: a long-term population-based cohort study.
15 October 2008
- Surface-Associated Proteins of Wheat Starch Granules: Suitability of Wheat Starch for Celiac Patients.
- Federation of International Societies of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition Consensus Report on Celiac Disease.
8 October 2008
- Protein engineering of improved prolyl endopeptidases for celiac sprue therapy.
- "Give us this day our daily bread"--evolving concepts in celiac sprue.
- Physiological, Pathological, and Therapeutic Implications of Zonulin-Mediated Intestinal Barrier Modulation. Living Life on the Edge of the Wall.
- Autoantibodies in gluten ataxia recognize a novel neuronal transglutaminase.
- Caring for patients with celiac disease: the role of the pharmacist.
- Gluten-Free School Lunches: Tell the USDA to Provide GF Options.
1 October 2008
- Cutting Edge: IL-1 controls the IL-23 response induced by gliadin, the etiologic agent in celiac disease.
21 September 2008
- Eating pathology in adolescents with celiac disease.
- Screening rules for growth to detect celiac disease: a case-control simulation study.
20 September 2008
- Annual screening detects celiac disease in children with type 1 diabetes.
- Screening rules for growth to detect celiac disease: a case-control simulation study. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Gluten-Free School Days!
7 September 2008
- Difference in celiac disease risk between Swedish birth cohorts suggests an opportunity for primary prevention.
- Frequencies of genetic polymorphisms of TLR4 and CD14 and of HLA-DQ genotypes in children with celiac disease, type 1 diabetes mellitus, or both.
- HLA-DQB1*02 dose effect on RIA anti-tissue transglutaminase autoantibody levels and clinicopathological expressivity of celiac disease.
- Immunoglobulin A anti-tissue transglutaminase antibody deposits in the small intestinal mucosa of children with no villous atrophy.
- Coexistance of autoimmunological diseases with type 1 diabetes mellitus in young patients based on literature and own experience.
- Homocysteine and related B-vitamin status in coeliac disease: Effects of gluten exclusion and histological recovery.
- Use of selected sourdough strains of Lactobacillus for removing gluten and enhancing the nutritional properties of gluten-free bread.
- Costs of a basic food basket for celiac patients in Chile. Free Spanish language full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Hyperglycemia in celiac disease: not always pretype 1 diabetes?
- Coeliac disease and risk of sarcoidosis.
- Oral manifestations of celiac disease. A case report and review of the literature.
- Maternal non-diagnosed celiac disease and risk of low birth weight.
- Comparison of Commercially Available Serologic Kits for the Detection of Celiac Disease.
24 August 2008
- Screening frequency for celiac disease and autoimmune thyroiditis in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus - data from a German/Austrian multicentre survey.
- Prevalence of Celiac Disease in Turkish Children with Autoimmune Thyroiditis.
- Antroduodenojejunal motor activity in untreated and treated celiac disease patients.
- Translational mini-review series on the immunogenetics of gut disease: immunogenetics of coeliac disease.
17 August 2008
- UM Scientists Pinpoint Key Receptor in Celiac Disease.
- Interleukin 6 -174(G>C) gene polymorphism is related to celiac disease and autoimmune thyroiditis coincidence in diabetes type 1 children.
- In Vitro Differentiation of Human Monocytes into Dendritic Cells by Peptic-Tryptic Digest of Gliadin Is Independent of Genetic Predisposition and the Presence of Celiac Disease.
- Co-occurrence of celiac disease and other autoimmune diseases in celiacs and their first-degree relatives.
- Age-Related Clinical, Serological, and Histopathological Features of Celiac Disease.
- Aplastic anaemia in association with coeliac disease: a series of three cases.
- Gluten-free camp for kids with celiac disease.
10 August 2008
- Immunologic and biochemical factors of coincident celiac disease and type 1 diabetes mellitus in children.
- Review Article: the evidence base for long term management of celiac disease.
- Antagonist Peptides of the Gliadin T-cell Stimulatory Sequences: A Therapeutic Strategy for Celiac Disease.
- Deamidation of Gliadin Peptides in Lamina Propria: Implications for Celiac Disease.
- Running over medical obstacles. (Summer Games Alert: Amy Yoder-Begley will represent the United States in the 10,000 meters.)
3 August 2008
- Prevalence of celiac disease in Egyptian children disputes the east-west agriculture-dependent spread of the disease.
27 July 2008
- Assessment of bone mineral density in children with celiac disease.
- Urinary Stone Disease in Adults With Celiac Disease: Prevalence, Incidence and Urinary Determinants.
- Quantitative assessment of the degree of villous Atrophy in patients with Celiac disease.
- Capsule Endoscopy Findings in Celiac Disease.
20 July 2008
- Case management implications of celiac disease.
- Clinical response to gluten withdrawal is not an indicator of coeliac disease.
- Live probiotic Bifidobacterium lactis bacteria inhibit the toxic effects induced by wheat gliadin in epithelial cell culture.
- Increased risk for coeliac disease in paediatric patients with migraine.
- The Prevalence of Celiac Disease in Blood Donors in Iceland.
13 July 2008
- Prevalence and clinical aspects when it comes to the association between type 1 diabetes mellitus (DM1) and celiac disease. Free Portuguese language full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Clinical symptoms in celiac patients on a gluten-free diet.
- Quality of life in celiac disease patients Prospective analysis on the importance of clinical severity at diagnosis and the impact of treatment.
- Helicobacter pylori infection in children with celiac disease.
- Tissue transglutaminase in celiac disease: role of autoantibodies.
- Risk of Thyroid disease in individuals with Celiac disease. Free full text available in PDF format.
6 July 2008
- Predictors of Family Risk for Celiac Disease: A Population-Based Study.
- Prevalence of dental enamel defects in celiac patients with deciduous dentition: a pilot study.
- Evaluation of clinical dental variables to build classifiers to predict celiac disease. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Newly Detected Celiac Disease by Wireless Capsule Endoscopy in Older Adults With Iron Deficiency Anemia.
29 June 2008
- Psychological Correlates of Gluten-free Diet Adherence in Adults With Celiac Disease. Free Spanish-language full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Diagnosis and clinical presentations of celiac disease: a multicenter study.
- Two cases presenting with pubertal delay and diagnosed as celiac disease.
22 June 2008
- Menarcheal age in celiac disease may not be delayed and may be irrespective of age at diagnosis and dietary management.
- Is Adult Height of Patients With Celiac Disease Influenced by Delayed Diagnosis?
15 June 2008
- Bone Metabolism in Celiac Disease.
- Frequent causes of diarrhea: celiac disease and lactose intolerance.
8 June 2008
- Gluten intake interferes with the humoral immune response to recombinant hepatitis B vaccine in patients with celiac disease.
- Protein A and protein G ELISA for the detection of IgG autoantibodies against tissue transglutaminase in childhood celiac disease.
1 June 2008
- Toward the assessment of food toxicity for celiac patients: characterization of monoclonal antibodies to a main immunogenic gluten peptide. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Effective detection of human leukocyte antigen risk alleles in celiac disease using tag single nucleotide polymorphisms. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
25 May 2008
- Prevalence of celiac disease in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus increased in the mid-1990 s: an 18-year longitudinal study based on anti-endomysial antibodies.
- IgA endomysium antibodies - an early predictor for celiac disease in children without villous atrophy.
- Celiac Disease and IgA Deficiency: Complications of Serological Testing Approaches Encountered in the Clinic.
- No induction of anti-avenin IgA by oats in adult, diet-treated coeliac disease.
- The influence of gluten free diet on quantitative ultrasound of proximal phalanxes in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus and celiac disease.
- Pathogenesis and Clinical Significance of Liver Injury in Celiac Disease.
18 May 2008
- Seropositivity to celiac antigens in asymptomatic children with type 1 diabetes mellitus: association with weight, height, and bone mineralization.
11 May 2008
- Celiac disease and the endocrinologist: a diagnostic opportunity.
- Against the grain: An overview of celiac disease.
4 May 2008
- When challah becomes the bread of affliction.
- Celiac disease mystery can be tough to crack.
- More than 300 expected to walk for celiac disease research.
27 April 2008
- The assessment of autoimmunological status and prevalence of different forms of celiac disease among children with type 1 diabetes mellitus and celiac disease.
- Affective and psychiatric disorders in celiac disease.
- Metabolic and nutritional features in adult celiac patients.
- Parallels between pathogens and gluten peptides in celiac sprue. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats. (The PDF has excellent diagrams of the celiac disease process.)
- Radioimmunological detection of anti-transglutaminase autoantibodies in human saliva: a useful test to monitor celiac disease follow-up.
20 April 2008
- Gluten tolerance in adult patients with celiac disease 20 years after diagnosis?
- Bone in celiac disease.
13 April 2008
- Pediatric Celiac Disease.
- Celiac disease diagnosis in 2008.
- Food Freedom: A Celiac's Passover Story.
6 April 2008
- Lower economic status and inferior hygienic environment may protect against celiac disease.
- Advances in celiac disease and gluten-free diet.
- Psychological characteristics of adult patients with celiac disease.
30 March 2008
- Social phobia in coeliac disease.
- Effect of Gluten-Free Diet on Pregnancy Outcome in Celiac Disease Patients with Recurrent Miscarriages.
- The presence and distribution of dental enamel defects and caries in children with celiac disease.
- Celiac disease--a frequent cause of "idiopathic osteoporosis" in premenopausal and early postmenopausal women.
23 March 2008
- Update on coeliac disease and type 1 diabetes mellitus in childhood.
- Increasing prevalence of coeliac disease over time.
- High Prevalence of Celiac Disease in Mexican Mestizo Adults With Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Pearls and pitfalls in the diagnosis of adult celiac disease.
- Almost gluten-free Communion for celiac sufferer. See also Spanish Bishop Opts for Almost Gluten-Free Host.
- Keeping Kosher Gluten-Free.
16 March 2008
- Celiac disease in children with short stature.
- Serological and histological correlations in celiac disease.
- What is the role of serologic testing in celiac disease? A prospective, biopsy-confirmed study with economic analysis.
9 March 2008
- Newly identified genetic risk variants for celiac disease related to the immune response. See also Major Breakthrough in the Treatment of Coeliac Disease by TCD Researchers; Coeliac Disease linked to Diabetes in new TCD Research, Coeliac link to diabetes and TCD scientists in coeliac breakthrough.
- Systematic review: tolerable amount of gluten for people with coeliac disease.
2 March 2008
- Immunoreactivity of Antibodies Against Transglutaminase-Deamidated Gliadins in Adult Celiac Disease.
- Comparative Usefulness of Deamidated Gliadin Antibodies in the Diagnosis of Celiac Disease.
24 February 2008
- A non-human primate model for gluten sensitivity.
17 February 2008
- Gluten blocker tested for celiac.
10 February 2008
- Incidence of Autoimmune Diseases in Celiac Disease: Protective Effect of the Gluten-Free Diet.
- Celiac disease in children: Impact on bone health.
- Emerging new clinical patterns in the presentation of celiac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Screening of diabetes, thyroid, and celiac diseases-related autoantibodies in a sample of Turkish children with type 1 diabetes and their siblings.
3 February 2008
- Celiac disease. The free full text offers an excellent overview of celiac disease for the family practice physician. Also available in PDF format.
- Oral Manifestations of Celiac Disease.
- Low prevalence of neurologic and psychiatric manifestations in children with gluten sensitivity.
- Celiac disease in India. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Celiac disease: aeromedical considerations.
27 January 2008
- Cardiac functions in children with coeliac disease during follow-up: Insights from tissue Doppler imaging.
- Detection of anti-endomysial and anti-tissue transglutaminase autoantibodies in media following culture of oral biopsies from patients with untreated coeliac disease.
- Speeding up coeliac disease diagnosis in the developing countries.
- Is tissue transglutaminase autoantibody the best for diagnosing celiac disease in children of developing countries?
- Coeliac disease: Oral ulcer prevalence, assessment of risk and association with gluten-free diet in children.
- Osteoporosis in celiac disease and in endocrine and reproductive disorders.
13 January 2008
- HLA-DQ and Susceptibility to Celiac Disease: Evidence for Gender Differences and Parent-of-Origin Effects.
- Genetic background of celiac disease and its clinical implications.
- Factors that impact health-related quality of life in adults with celiac disease: A multicenter study.
- Determinants of endomysial antibody status in untreated coeliac disease.
- Autoantibodies in celiac disease.
- Celiac disease in North Italian patients with autoimmune thyroid diseases.
- Neutrophilic myositis as a manifestation of celiac disease: a case report.
6 January 2008
- Secretory IgA mediates retrotranscytosis of intact gliadin peptides via the transferrin receptor in celiac disease.
- Oral pathology in untreated coeliac disease.
- Association between coeliac disease and cardiovascular disease.
[ Current Celiac News | News from 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 ]
Last Updated: Thursday January 01, 2015 15:28:55
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.