Celiac News from 2011
28 December 2011
- Enterocytes' tight junctions: From molecules to diseases. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Correlation Between IgA Tissue Transglutaminase Antibody Ratio And Histological Finding In Celiac Disease: A Multicentre Study.
- Diagnostic Value of Anti-Deamidated Gliadin Peptide Igg Antibodies for Celiac Disease in Children and Iga Deficient Patients.
21 December 2011
- Spontaneous Normalization of Anti-Tissue Transglutaminase Antibody Levels Is Common in Children with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Gut microbiota and pediatric disease.
- Clinical benefit of gluten-free diet in screen-detected older celiac disease patients. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Tips for gluten-free cookies.
14 December 2011
- Locals talk about cooking healthy, tasty meals while eating gluten free.
- Efficacy Data from Phase 2a Trial of ALV003 in Celiac Disease Patients.
7 December 2011
- The relationship between quality of life and coping strategies of adults with celiac disease adhering to a gluten-free diet.
- Meta-analysis on anxiety and depression in adult celiac disease.
- Gluten-free diet and autoimmune thyroiditis in patients with celiac disease. A prospective controlled study.
30 November 2011
- High tissue-transglutaminase antibody level predicts small intestinal villous atrophy in adult patients at high risk of celiac disease.
- Small-bowel mucosal changes and antibody responses after low- and moderate-dose gluten challenge in celiac disease. Free full text available in PDF format.
23 November 2011
- Bone Health In Children With Celiac Disease Assessed By Dual X-Ray Absorptiometry: Effect Of Gluten-Free Diet And Predictive Value Of Serum Biochemical Indices.
- Improving the Estimation of Celiac Disease Sibling Risk by Non-HLA Genes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Immunoglobulin G antibodies against deamidated-gliadin-peptides outperform anti-endomysium and tissue transglutaminase antibodies in children <2 years age.
- Not a 'death sentence:' Plenty of diet options for those with celiac disease.
16 November 2011
- Delay to celiac disease diagnosis and its implications for health-related quality of life. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Oral manifestations of celiac disease: a clinical guide for dentists.
- Determining the gluten content of nonprescription drugs: Information for patients with celiac disease.
- Bio-physical characteristics of gastrointestinal mucosa of celiac patients: comparison with control subjects and effect of gluten free diet. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Variability in small bowel histopathology reporting between different pathology practice settings: impact on the diagnosis of coeliac disease.
- Biochemical and immunochemical characterization of different varieties of amaranth (Amaranthus L. ssp) as a safe ingredient for gluten-free products.
9 November 2011
- Increased Sedation Requirements During Endoscopy in Patients with Celiac Disease.
- A national online survey applied to patients with celiac disease in Chile.
2 November 2011
- Oral Findings and Salivary Parameters in Children with Celiac Disease: A Preliminary Study.
- IgA anti-tissue transglutaminase antibodies, first line in the diagnosis of celiac disease.
- Gluten in Cosmetics Threaten Those With Celiac Disease. See also Gluten in cosmetics may pose risk for celiac patients.
19 October 2011
- Gluten-free and Gluten-safe Halloween Candy 2011.
- JAMA Patient Page: Celiac Disease.
- Ages of celiac disease: From changing environment to improved diagnostics. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Pregnancy outcome and risk of celiac disease in offspring: A nationwide case-control study.
- HLA-DQ types of celiac disease in Libyan children with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
12 October 2011
- Association of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and celiac disease: a brief report. Free full text available in HTML format.
- Vitamin D and K status influences bone mineral density and bone accrual in children and adolescents with celiac disease.
- Alvine Pharmaceuticals Announces Positive Results from Phase 2a Trial of ALV003 in Celiac Disease Patients.
- Food Banks Struggle to Keep Gluten-Free Items in Stock.
- For some, a common protein is toxic.
5 October 2011
- Identification of rothia bacteria as gluten-degrading natural colonizers of the upper gastro-intestinal tract. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats (PDF link on full text page).
- Suppression of inflammatory immune responses in celiac disease by experimental hookworm infection. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats (PDF link on full text page).
- Vaccination and celiac disease: results of a retrospective study.
- 4 Gluten-Free Beer Alternatives For The Swilling Celiac Sufferer.
- Going gluten-free.
28 September 2011
- Psychiatric comorbidities in women with Celiac Disease.
- Nutrition and Celiac Disease.
- Lead letter: Celiac disease is serious but misdiagnosed.
21 September 2011
- Oral ecosystem alterations in celiac children: A follow-up study.
- Gluten-free students take a stand.
- Gluten-free is far from free.
15 September 2011
- High Prevalence of Microvascular Complications in Adults With Type 1 Diabetes and Newly Diagnosed Celiac Disease.
- Celiac Awareness – In Videos.
7 September 2011
- Neurologic and Psychiatric Manifestations of Celiac Disease and Gluten Sensitivity.
31 August 2011
- Specific Celiac Disease Antibodies in Children on a Gluten-Free Diet.
- Micronutrient deficiencies in patients with typical and atypical celiac disease.
- Resolution of metabolic syndrome after following a gluten free diet in an adult woman diagnosed with celiac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
24 August 2011
- Celiac Disease Screening Assays for Children Younger than 3 Years of Age: The Performance of Three Serological Tests.
- Longitudinal Evaluation of Bone Mineral Density and Body Composition in Patients With Positive Celiac Serology.
- Immunogenicity of two oat varieties, in relation to their safety for celiac patients.
- The last two millennias echo-catastrophes are the driving forces for the potential genetic advantage mechanisms in celiac disease.
17 August 2011
- Lower Expression of Tight Junction Protein 1 Gene and Increased FOXP3 Expression in the Small Bowel Mucosa in Coeliac Disease and Associated Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Differences of small intestinal bacteria populations in adults and children with/without celiac disease: Effect of age, gluten diet, and disease.
- Celiac disease in children: a social epidemiological study in Sweden.
- Gluten cheating's a no-no.
10 August 2011
- Quality of Life in Adult Celiac Disease in a Mountain Area of Northeast Italy.
3 August 2011
- Risk of fracture in celiac disease: Gender, dietary compliance, or both? Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Eating gluten-free: Celiac sufferers have more options than ever.
- Local bakeries expand to satisfy gluten-free customers.
27 July 2011
- Clinical and immunological features of celiac disease in patients with Type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Increased Incidence of Eosinophilic Esophagitis in Children and Adults With Celiac Disease.
- Celiac Disease: A Look into its Pathogenesis.
20 July 2011
- Potential celiac patients: a model of celiac disease pathogenesis. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats (use link in HTML full text to download PDF).
- Magneto immunosensor for gliadin detection in gluten-free foodstuff: Towards food safety for celiac patients.
- Awareness boosts treatment for celiac disease.
13 July 2011
- High Transaminase Levels Common in Celiac Disease.
29 June 2011
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus and celiac disease: endothelial dysfunction.
- Use of deamidated gliadin Peptide antibodies to monitor diet compliance in childhood celiac disease.
- Daughter's Diagnosis Inspires Local Dad to Open Gluten-Free Bakery.
21 June 2011
- Quality of life in children with diabetes and celiac disease: minimal impact of the 'double diagnosis'.
- Celiac Disease in Children with Normal Weight and Overweight: Clinical Features and Growth Outcomes Following a Gluten-Free Diet.
- Mean platelet volume could be a promising biomarker to monitor dietary compliance in celiac disease.
- The Gluten Free Consumer, A new publication to benefit individuals with problems.
15 June 2011
- From menarche to menopause: the fertile life span of celiac women.
- Advantages to Early Intervention for Asymptomatic Celiac Disease.
- Oats and a gluten-free diet.
8 June 2011
- Are those gluten-free kisses?
- Recent advances in celiac disease. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Cesarean delivery is associated with celiac disease but not inflammatory bowel disease in children.
- Colonization of infant's gut by Bacteroides is influenced by environmental and genetic factors linked to celiac disease risk.
1 June 2011
- Clinical and metabolic effects of gluten free diet in children with type 1 diabetes and coeliac disease.
- Compliant gluten-free children with celiac disease: an evaluation of psychological distress.
- Gluten contamination in the Canadian commercial oat supply.
- Celiac Disease and the Athlete.
- Differences between pediatric and adult celiac disease.
- Immunomodulatory effects of Lactobacillus casei administration in a mouse model of gliadin-sensitive enteropathy.
25 May 2011
- Combined atherogenic effects of celiac disease and type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Evaluation of the quality of life of children with celiac disease and their parents: a case-control study.
- On nutrition: What celiac is and isn't.
18 May 2011
- Balancing health benefits and social sacrifices: A qualitative study of how screening-detected celiac disease impacts adolescents' quality of life.
- Prevalence of IgA antitissue transglutaminase antibodies in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Living the gluten-free life.
- Family Lives Gluten-Free While Coping with Celiac Disease.
11 May 2011
- Role of antibodies in celiac disease after one year of treatment to predict the adherence to gluten-free diet.
- Serological tests for celiac disease as indicators of long-term compliance with the gluten-free diet.
- Celiac Disease Vaccine Shows Promising Results in Phase I Trial.
- Kids' Birth Month Seems to Be Linked to Celiac Disease: Study.
4 May 2011
- Incidence of celiac disease among second-generation immigrants and adoptees from abroad in Sweden: evidence for ethnic differences in susceptibility.
27 April 2011
- Oral manifestations of celiac disease: a clinical guide for dentists. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
20 April 2011
- Passover Brings More Gluten-Free Foods to Supermarkets.
- Teenager learns to live gluten free.
- VA woman teaches a gluten-free lifestyle.
13 April 2011
- The prevalence of celiac disease in patients with irritable bowel syndrome.
- Bread seller admits he lied.
6 April 2011
- Quest for genes involved in celiac disease.
- Gluten-free foods make life easier for those with celiac disease.
30 March 2011
- Esophageal manifestations of celiac disease.
- Docosahexaenoic acid modulates in vitro the inflammation of celiac disease in intestinal epithelial cells via the inhibition of cPLA(2).
- Screening Study Shows Higher Prevalence for Celiac Disease.
- Going out gluten-free.
- Gluten-free chocolate sandwich cookies.
23 March 2011
- Effect of hookworm infection on wheat challenge in celiac disease - a randomised double-blinded placebo controlled trial. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Cookbook Corner: 'Gluten-Free Girl and the Chef.'
16 March 2011
- Divergence of gut permeability and mucosal immune gene expression in two gluten-associated conditions: celiac disease and gluten sensitivity. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Start-Up ImmusanT Seeks to Restore Tolerance to Gluten in Celiac Disease with Immunotherapy. See also ImmusanT Executive Summary (PDF).
- Study Finds Gut Bacteria can Affect Intestines' Protective Layer. See also Role of Intestinal Bacteria in Gliadin-Induced Changes in Intestinal Mucosa: Study in Germ-Free Rats.
- Celiac disorder focuses the spotlight on gluten-free diet.
- Making happy campers one loaf at a time.
2 March 2011
- Intestinal deposits of anti-tissue transglutaminase IgA in childhood celiac disease.
- Occurrence of Nonceliac Gluten Sensitivity in Patients with Allergic Disease.
- Grain Drain - How and why Celiac disease patients say no to gluten.
- UNH Dining provides options to students with celiac disease.
23 February 2011
- Effect of gluten-free diet on growth and glycemic control in children with type 1 diabetes and asymptomatic celiac disease.
- Effects of a gluten-free diet on gut microbiota and immune function in healthy adult humans.
- Proteomic analysis in allergy and intolerance to wheat products.
16 February 2011
- Celiac disease in patients with type 1 diabetes: a condition with distinct changes in intestinal immunity?
- A new algorithm for the diagnosis of celiac disease.
- Make Your Own Gluten-Free Girl Scout Cookies (Recipe).
- Brewers keep ingredients bottled up. See also Beer industry exempt from new food-allergen labelling rules.
9 February 2011
- Effect of gluten-free diet on growth and glycemic control in children with type 1 diabetes and asymptomatic celiac disease.
- Gluten Free Test Kitchen provides tested, gluten free recipes. See also Gluten-Free Cuisine Meets Food Science at New Website.
- Going without gluten.
2 February 2011
- Follow-Up of Children with Celiac Disease - Lost in Translation?
- History of gluten and its effects on celiac disease.
- Audiological Findings in Celiac Disease.
- Pet Talk: Show dog knows his business, and his gluten.
- Reader sheds some light on troubles of celiac disease.
- Cake mix doctor now has gluten-free recipes.
- Gluten-free and well-fed: the sneaky stuff.
26 January 2011
- Are Estimates of Celiac Disease Rates Too High?
- Role of intestinal bacteria in gliadin-induced changes in intestinal mucosa: study in germ-free rats. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The anti-deamidated gliadin peptide antibodies unmask celiac disease in small children with chronic diarrhoea.
- Causes of Death in People With Celiac Disease Spanning the Pre- and Post-Serology Era: A Population-Based Cohort Study From Derby, UK.
- Mucosal Recovery and Mortality in Adults with Celiac Disease After Treatment With a Gluten-free Diet.
- Health And Safety Of Millions Of Canadians At Stake Over A Beer? Celiac Association Urges Government To Pass Labelling Regulations.
- Gluten-free meals extensive at UConn.
19 January 2011
- Safety for Patients With Celiac Disease of Baked Goods Made of Wheat Flour Hydrolyzed During Food Processing.
- A Biopsy Is Not Always Necessary to Diagnose Celiac Disease.
- Potential celiac disease in type 1 diabetes: A multicenter study.
12 January 2011
- The Clinical Significance of 25OH-Vitamin D Status in Celiac Disease.
- Living gluten-free: Off the wheaten path.
- Gluten-free goes mainstream.
5 January 2011
- Gluten-free goes mainstream.
- Gluten-free dining is more than just a trend.
- UConn Debuts Gluten-free Food Menu.
[ Current Celiac News | News from 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 ]
Last Updated: Thursday January 01, 2015 15:28:55
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.