Celiac News from 2018
13 June 2018
Seasonality of birth affects paediatric coeliac disease.
Delayed celiac disease diagnosis predisposes to reduced quality of life and incremental use of health care services and medicines: A prospective nationwide study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
Celiac Patients Who Accidentally Ingest Gluten May Get Relief from New Medication.
Detection and quantitation of immunogenic epitopes related to celiac disease in historical and modern hard red spring wheat cultivars. See also Don't Blame Wheat Breeding For Celiac, Gluten Sensitivity.
6 June 2018
- Oxidative and Antioxidative Status of Children with Celiac Disease Treated with a Gluten Free-Diet. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Coeliac screening in a high-risk population: paediatric type 1 diabetes-a review of current guidelines and practice.
- 'Eating just made me sicker': Why celiac disease is such a frustrating diagnosis.
23 May 2018
- Dietitian visits were a safe and cost-effective form of follow-up care for children with celiac disease.
- Link Between Celiac Disease and Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
- Beyond Irritable Bowel Syndrome: The Efficacy of the Low Fodmap Diet for Improving Symptoms in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases and Celiac Disease.
- Experimental drug eases effects of gluten for celiac patients on gluten-free diet.
- My Favorite Places to Get Low Carb, Gluten Free Dinner Recipes.
16 May 2018
- Elevated anti-tissue transglutaminase antibodies in children newly diagnosed with type 1 diabetes do not always indicate celiac disease.
- Gluten-free living in China: The characteristics, food choices and difficulties in following a gluten-free diet - An online survey.
- Starbucks blasted for dumping gluten-free sandwich.
9 May 2018
- Daily Intake of Milk Powder and Risk of Celiac Disease in Early Childhood: A Nested Case-Control Study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Traveling on a gluten-free diet doesn't have to suck — here's how to make it work for you.
2 May 2018
- The Effect of Depressive Symptoms on the Association between Gluten-Free Diet Adherence and Symptoms in Celiac Disease: Analysis of a Patient Powered Research Network. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Clinical and Microbiological Effect of a Multispecies Probiotic Supplementation in Celiac Patients With Persistent IBS-type Symptoms: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-controlled, Multicenter Trial.
- Ten years of follow-up of the Spanish cohort of the European PreventCD study: the lessons learned. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Celiac Disease: How Much Gluten is Unintentionally Consumed on a Gluten-Free Diet?
- Celiac Disease is more than just a trend.
25 April 2018
- Increased prevalence of pathogenic bacteria in the gut microbiota of infants at risk of developing celiac disease: the PROFICEL study.
- Risk of Fractures in Youths with Celiac Disease-A Population-Based Study.
- Alterations of Inflammatory and Matrix Production Indices in Celiac Disease With Low Bone Mass on Long-term Gluten-free Diets.
- Development of gluten-free fish (Pseudoplatystoma corruscans) patties by response surface methodology.
- Why would oats need a ‘gluten-free’ label?
18 April 2018
- Antibody Concentrations Decrease 14-fold in Children With Celiac Disease on a Gluten-free Diet but Remain High at 3 Months.
- Gluten-free-rendered products contribute to imbalanced diets in children and adolescents with celiac disease.
- Influence of low FODMAP and gluten-free diets on disease activity and intestinal microbiota in patients with non-celiac gluten sensitivity.
- The Dilemma of the Gluten-Free Diet.
4 April 2018
- Obesogenic habits among children and their families in response to initiation of gluten-free diet.
- 9 myths about celiac disease you need to stop believing.
- When Going Gluten-Free is Not Enough: New Tests Detect Hidden Exposure.
- 10 best gluten-free vodka brands.
28 March 2018
- Blood iron levels in accordance with adherence to a gluten-free diet in celiac school aged children.
- Extraintestinal manifestations were common in children with celiac disease and were more prevalent in patients with more severe clinical and histological presentation.
21 March 2018
- Translational Chemistry Meets Gluten‐Related Disorders. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Assessment of Mycotoxin Exposure in Breastfeeding Mothers with Celiac Disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- This Is What It’s Really Like to Have a Kid with Celiac Disease.
14 March 2018
- Determination of gluten consumption in celiac disease patients on a gluten-free diet.
- Fructans Suspect in Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity.
- How Cheese, Wheat and Alcohol Shaped Human Evolution.
7 March 2018
- Increased prevalence of disordered eating in the dual diagnosis of type 1 diabetes mellitus and celiac disease.
- Dietary Factors and Mucosal Immune Response in Celiac Disease Patients Having Persistent Symptoms Despite a Gluten-free Diet.
- Early fecal microbiota composition in children who later develop celiac disease and associated autoimmunity.
28 February 2018
- Safety of Oats in Children with Celiac Disease: A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial.
- Dietary Patterns After the Weaning and Lactation Period Associate with Celiac Disease Autoimmunity in Children.
- Gut microbiota trajectory in early life may predict development of celiac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Endoplasmic reticulum–resident protein 57 (ERp57) oxidatively inactivates human transglutaminase 2. See also Looking for an off switch for celiac disease, Researchers discover a new enzyme that treats celiac disease, and Researchers Discover Protein Activity That Could Treat Gluten Intolerance and Celiac Disease.
21 February 2018
- Outcome measures in coeliac disease trials: the Tampere recommendations. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- 10 Things I Wish My Doctor Had Told Me About Being on a Gluten-Free Diet.
- The Find Me Gluten Free app will help you find gluten free food near you.
14 February 2018
- Gluten-free diet may improve obstructive sleep apnea-related symptoms in children with celiac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The Gluten Project Is a Search Engine For Finding GFCO-Certified Gluten-Free Products.
7 February 2018
- Hypervigilance to a Gluten-Free Diet and Decreased Quality of Life in Teenagers and Adults with Celiac Disease.
- Creation of Experience-based Celiac Benchmarks - The First Step in Pre-Transition Self-Management Assessment.
- Histologic recovery among children with celiac disease on a gluten-free diet. A long-term follow-up single-center experience. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- 'It's a diagnosis, not a choice': What is celiac disease?
- Gluten-free diet exclusively during pregnancy alleviates the signs of diabetes and celiac disease in NOD mouse offspring.
- Randomized Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Crossover Trial for the Diagnosis of Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity in Children.
31 January 2018
- The Impact of Thyroid Autoimmunity on Thyroid Function in 12-year-old Children With Celiac Disease.
24 January 2018
- Celiac antibodies in children with type 1 diabetes - A diagnostic validation study.
- Rate and determinants of non-adherence to a gluten-free diet and nutritional status assessment in children and adolescents with celiac disease in a tertiary Brazilian referral center: a cross-sectional and retrospective study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Party City Apologizes For Ad That Calls Gluten-Free People â€˜Grossâ€™.
- Stop the Bullying: A Response to Party City's Commercial.
10 January 2018
- Long term effects of gluten-free diet in non-celiac wheat sensitivity.
- 7 Things I Love About Having Celiac Disease.
- Celiac in Paris.
3 January 2018
- Making All Medications Gluten-free.
- Adherence to the gluten free diet and health related quality of life in an ethnically diverse pediatric population with Celiac Disease.
Current Celiac News |
Last Updated: Wednesday June 13, 2018 15:53:10
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.