Daily Care News from 2006
31 December 2006
- The Accuracy of the FreeStyle Navigator Continuous Glucose Monitoring System in Children With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Managing type I diabetes in pregnancy: how near normal is necessary?
- Long- and short-haul travel by air: issues for people with diabetes on insulin.
- C-Peptide Replacement Therapy and Sensory Nerve Function in Type 1 Diabetic Neuropathy.
24 December 2006
- Diabetes mellitus attenuates the repolarization reserve in mammalian heart.
- Detection of ketonemia and its relationship with hyperglycemia in type 1 diabetic patients.
- Thyroiditis and gluten intolerance: extrapancreatic auto-immune diseases associated with type 1 diabetes.
- Swedish families' lived experience when a child is first diagnosed as having insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus: An ongoing learning process.
- The experiences of school nurses caring for students receiving continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion therapy.
- A pilot study of school counselor's preparedness to serve students with diabetes: relationship to self-reported diabetes training.
- Effect of Type 1 Diabetes on Psychosocial Maturation in Young Adults.
- Comparison between multiple daily insulin injection therapy (MDI) and continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion therapy (CSII), results of the five nations study.
- CSII in type 2 diabetic patients.
- National Register of patients with insulin pump treatment in the Czech Republic.
- Continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (CSII) in Italy.
- CSII in Europe: where are we, where are we going? An analysis of articles published in Infusystems International.
- Counterregulatory responses in CSII.
- Rational use of insulin analogues in the treatment of type 1 diabetic children and adolescents: personal experience.
- Inhaled human insulin: new drug. No short-term advantages, to (sic) many unknowns in the long term.
- Fulminant type 1 diabetes: a novel clinical entity requiring special attention by all medical practitioners.
- Dose escalation of pramlintide improves its tolerability and efficacy. Also available in PDF format.
- Plasma lipid levels and nutritional intake in childhood- and adolescence-onset young type 1 diabetic patients in Japan.
- How prevalent are diabetes-related complications in patients with youth-onset type 2 diabetes mellitus? Also available in PDF format.
- Microdialysis-based 48-hour continuous glucose monitoring with GlucoDay: clinical performance and patients' acceptance.
17 December 2006
- The renaissance of insulin pump treatment in childhood type 1 diabetes.
- The government of Ontario, Canada has new coverage for insulin pumps for kids with type 1 diabetes. See also Administration Manual for the Insulin Pump and Supplies Program.
- Cardiovascular disease risk in youth with diabetes mellitus.
10 December 2006
- Impact of Real-Time Continuous Glucose Monitoring on Children and Their Families.
- Use of Continuous Glucose Monitoring in the Detection and Prevention of Hypoglycemia.
- Clinical experience with an integrated continuous glucose sensor/insulin pump platform: a feasibility study.
- Cost-utility analysis of insulin pumps compared to multiple daily doses of insulin in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus in Spain.
- Glargine versus NPH insulin: Efficacy in comparison with insulin aspart in a basal bolus regimen in type 1 diabetes-The glargine and aspart study (GLASS) A randomised cross-over study.
- The effects of acute hypoglycaemia on memory acquisition and recall and prospective memory in type 1 diabetes.
- Innovative insulins - Where do analogues fit?
- Blood pressure lowering for the prevention and treatment of diabetic kidney disease.
- Hypoglycemia in the newborns of women with diabetes mellitus.
3 December 2006
- Relationship of Fasting and Hourly Blood Glucose Levels to HbA1c Values; Safety, accuracy, and improvements in glucose profiles obtained using a 7-day continuous glucose sensor.
- Short-acting insulin analogs - critical assessment of meta-analyses.
- Insulin glargine improves glycemic control and health-related quality of life in type 1 diabetes.
- Children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes eat a more atherosclerosis-prone diet than healthy control subjects in Norway.
- Pioglitazone as adjunctive therapy in adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- 25 years experiences on diabetic ketoacidotic patients.
- Adiponectin and leptin: Potential tools in the differential diagnosis of pediatric diabetes?
- Relationship Between Low-Normal Blood Pressure and Kidney Disease in Type 1 Diabetes.
- HbA1c in Early Diabetic Pregnancy and Pregnancy Outcomes.
- Long-Term Effect of the Internet-Based Glucose Monitoring System on HbA1c Reduction and Glucose Stability.
- QT dispersion: comparison between diabetic and non-diabetic individuals and correlation with cardiac autonomic neuropathy.
- Effect of Eucaloric High- and Low-Sucrose Diets With Identical Macronutrient Profile on Insulin Resistance and Vascular Risk.
- Botulinum Toxin Treatment for Oropharyngeal Dysphagia Associated With Diabetic Neuropathy.
26 November 2006
- A review of human and analogue insulin trials.
- A randomized controlled trial of Sweet Talk, a text-messaging system to support young people with diabetes.
- Glucose requirements to maintain euglycemia following moderate intensity afternoon exercise in adolescents with type 1 diabetes are increased in a biphasic manner. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Exercise under hyperinsulinaemic conditions increases whole-body glucose disposal without affecting muscle glycogen utilisation in type 1 diabetes.
- The prevalence of depression and anxiety in adults with Type 1 diabetes.
- The role of alexithymia factors in glucose control of persons with type 1 diabetes: a pilot study.
- Trends in the prescription and cost of diabetic medications and monitoring equipment in England 1991-2004.
- FDA Approves Sitagliptin for Diabetes; First in class of DPP-4 inhibitors to reach U.S. market.
19 November 2006
- Insulin Pump Therapy from the Time of Diagnosis of Type 1 Diabetes.
- Bedside Monitoring of Blood beta-Hydroxybutyrate Levels in the Management of Diabetic Ketoacidosis in Children.
- Unrecognised hypoglycaemia in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes using the continuous glucose monitoring system: Prevalence and contributors.
- Efficacy of Continuous Real-Time Blood Glucose Monitoring During and After Prolonged High-Intensity Cycling Exercise: Spinning with a Continuous Glucose Monitoring System.
- A Novel Analytical Method for Assessing Glucose Variability: Using CGMS in Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Improving metabolic control in sub-optimally controlled subjects with Type 1 diabetes: Comparison of two treatment algorithms using insulin glargine.
- Meta-analysis: efficacy and safety of inhaled insulin therapy in adults with diabetes mellitus.
- The prevalence of dental caries in 5 - 18-year-old insulin-dependent diabetics of Fars Province, southern Iran.
- Bone density and markers of bone remodeling in type 1 male diabetic patients.
12 November 2006
- Unrecognised hypoglycaemia in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes using the continuous glucose monitoring system: Prevalence and contributors.
- Attributions of Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes Related to Performing Diabetes Care around Friends and Peers: The Moderating Role of Friend Support.
- Glycated hemoglobin as a marker of cardiovascular risk.
- Reassessment of cardiovascular risk in diabetes.
- Fenofibrate therapy and cardiovascular protection in diabetes: recommendations after FIELD.
- Periodontal infection profiles in type 1 diabetes.
- Hemodialyzed type I and type II diabetic patients in the US: Characteristics, glycemic control, and survival.
- Tomando Control: a culturally appropriate diabetes education program for Spanish-speaking individuals with type 2 diabetes mellitus--evaluation of a pilot project.
5 November 2006
- Occurrence of oral subclinical infections in insulin treated diabetics.
- Effects of behavioral family systems therapy for diabetes on adolescents' family relationships, treatment adherence, and metabolic control.
- Individuals with diabetes mellitus with and without depressive symptoms: could social network explain the comorbidity?
- Determinants of daily insulin use in Type 1 diabetes.
- Management strategies for brittle diabetes.
- Performing subcutaneous injections: a literature review.
- Clinical evaluation of inhaled insulin.
- Urinary flow disturbance as an early sign of autonomic neuropathy in diabetic children and adolescents.
- Antioxidants and coronary artery disease among individuals with type 1 diabetes: Findings from the Pittsburgh Epidemiology of Diabetes Complications Study.
- Diabetes and arterial stiffening.
- The role of autonomic cardiovascular neuropathy in pathogenesis of ischemic heart disease in patients with diabetes mellitus.
29 October 2006
- Durability of Insulin Pump Use in Pediatric Patients With Type 1 Diabetes.
- The impact of continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion on health-related quality of life in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- The Relationship between Parent-Reported Social Support and Adherence to Medical Treatment in Families of Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes.
- How do parents perceive their adolescent's diabetes: a qualitative study.
- Evaluation of Patients' Opinion and Metabolic Control after Transfer of Young Adults with Type 1 Diabetes from a Pediatric Diabetes Clinic to Adult Care.
- Outcome effectiveness of therapeutic recreation camping program for adolescents living with cancer and diabetes.
- A longitudinal observational study of insulin therapy and glycaemic control in Scottish children with Type 1 diabetes: DIABAUD 3.
- The Diabetes Attitudes, Wishes, and Needs (DAWN) Study. Also available in PDF format.
- Web Portals in Primary Care: An Evaluation of Patient Readiness and Willingness to Pay for Online Services.
- Switch to Insulin Pen Improves Clinical Outcomes and Reduces Medical Costs for Diabetes.
- Discrepancies in bone mineral density and fracture risk in patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes-a meta-analysis.
- Thyroid autoimmunity in adults with diabetes mellitus type 1. Own experience gained by 11-year monitoring.
- Oral Treatment With alpha-Lipoic Acid Improves Symptomatic Diabetic Polyneuropathy.
- Intensive Insulin Therapy in Mixed Medical/Surgical Intensive Care Units.
22 October 2006
- Food habits, energy and nutrient intake in adolescents with Type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Low risk of overt nephropathy after 24 yr of childhood-onset type 1 diabetes mellitus (T1DM) in Norway.
- Treatment with CSII in two infants with neonatal diabetes mellitus.
- A randomized controlled trial of telephone calls to young patients with poorly controlled type 1 diabetes.
- Teenagers with type 1 diabetes-a phenomenological study of the transition towards autonomy in self-management.
- Association of periodontal disease severity with diabetes duration and diabetic complications in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Knowledge, attitudes and behaviors related to sexuality and family planning in adolescent women with and without diabetes.
- Hormonal versus non-hormonal contraceptives in women with diabetes mellitus type 1 and 2.
- Self-monitoring in Type 2 diabetes: a randomized trial of reimbursement policy.
15 October 2006
- Child Routines and Youths' Adherence to Treatment for Type 1 Diabetes.
- Multiple mealtime administration of biphasic insulin aspart 30 versus traditional basal-bolus human insulin treatment in patients with type 1 diabetes.
8 October 2006
- Position Statement: Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion in Very Young Children With Type 1 Diabetes/a>. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Ultrasonographic evaluation of selected parameters of the endothelial function in brachial arteries and IMT measurements in carotid arteries in children with diabetes type 1 using personal insulin pumps - preliminary report.
- The role of socioeconomic status, depression, quality of life, and glycemic control in type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Predictors of youth diabetes care behaviors and metabolic control: a structural equation modeling approach.
- Mother and adolescent representations of illness ownership and stressful events surrounding diabetes.
- Can we predict which patients are at risk of having an ungradeable digital image for screening for diabetic retinopathy?
- Real-Time Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Pediatric Patients During and After Cardiac Surgery.
1 October 2006
- Prevention of Hypoglycemia During Exercise in Children With Type 1 Diabetes by Suspending Basal Insulin.
- A Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial Assessing Pramlintide Treatment in the Setting of Intensive Insulin Therapy in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Acute effects of hyperglycaemia in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus: the patient's perspective.
- Flexible Intensive Insulin Therapy in Adults With Type 1 Diabetes and High Risk for Severe Hypoglycemia and Diabetic Ketoacidosis.
- Randomized Study to Characterize Glycemic Control and Short-Term Pulmonary Function in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes Receiving Inhaled Human Insulin (Exubera(R)).
- Spotlight on inhaled human insulin (Exubera(R)) in diabetes mellitus.
- Diabetes guidelines: easier to preach than to practise? Free full text available in PDF format.
- The Sensitivity and Specificity of Nonmydriatic Digital Stereoscopic Retinal Imaging in Detecting Diabetic Retinopathy.
- The Relation of Ambulatory Blood Pressure and Pulse Rate to Retinopathy in Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus The Renin-Angiotensin System Study.
- Breast-Feeding and Risk for Childhood Obesity.
24 September 2006
- Performance of the continuous glucose monitoring system (CGMS) during development of ketosis in patients on insulin pump therapy.
- Prevalence and characteristics of type 2 diabetes mellitus in 9-18 year-old children with diabetic ketoacidosis.
- Pathophysiology and management of recurrent hypoglycaemia and hypoglycaemia unawareness in diabetes.
- The effect of metformin on blood glucose control in overweight patients with Type 1 diabetes.
- Young adults with Type 1 diabetes in tertiary education: do students receive adequate specialist care?
- Clinical characteristics of depressed patients with comorbid diabetes mellitus.
17 September 2006
- Improved Safety with Levemir for Diabetes Without Weight Gain. See also Evening and Bedtime Second Dose Equal for Long-Acting Insulin.
- The effect of long-term swimming program on body composition, aerobic capacity and blood lipids in 14-19-year aged healthy girls and girls with type 1 diabetes mellitus. Full text available in PDF format.
- High Risk Characteristics For Motor Vehicle Crashes In Persons With Diabetes By Age.
- Differences in corneal thickness and corneal endothelium related to duration in diabetes.
- Diabetic Blacks Have Worse Glycemic Control Than Whites. See also Diabetes Drug Adherence Lower for African Americans.
- Six-year progression of retinopathy and associated risk factors in African American patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus: the New Jersey 725.
- Feasibility test of a shared care network for children with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Fasting Plasma Glucose Best Predictor of Diabetes Risk.
- Physician-Directed Primary Care Intervention to Reduce Risk Factors for Type 2 Diabetes in High-Risk Youth.
10 September 2006
- Effects of Diabetes on Learning in Children (2002). Full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Low cumulative incidence of proliferative retinopathy in childhood-onset type 1 diabetes: a 24-year follow-up study.
- Carotid artery intima-media complex thickening in patients with relatively long-surviving type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Common infections in diabetes: pathogenesis, management and relationship to glycaemic control.
- Trends in the management of arterial hypertension in patients with type 1 and insulin-treated type 2 diabetes mellitus over a period of 10 years (1989/1990-1994/1995). Results of the JEVIN trial.
- Safety and efficacy of blood glucose management practices at a diabetes camp.
- Bone mineral density of both genders in Type 1 diabetes according to bone composition.
- Insulin-induced oedema in children and adolescents.
- Preconception care of women attending adult general diabetes clinics-Are we doing enough?
3 September 2006
- How low can we go ... safely?: Factors affecting intensive diabetes is an editorial from the August 2006 issue of The Journal of Pediatrics. Also available in PDF format. This editorial is in the same issue as Optimal control of type 1 diabetes mellitus in youth receiving intensive treatment, previously reported. See also Most Children With Type 1 Diabetes Can Achieve Good Glycemic Control.
- Growth and body composition in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus. Portuguese language full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Study on the frequency of caries and associated factors in type 1 diabetes mellitus. Portuguese language full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Lipid abnormalities are prevalent in youth with type 1 and type 2 diabetes: The search for diabetes in youth study.
- Eating disorders and diabetes mellitus.
- Knowledge improvement with web-based diabetes education program: brainfood.
- Fetal and neonatal outcomes of diabetic pregnancies.
- Diabetes management in the USA and England: comparative analysis of national surveys.
27 August 2006
- Self-monitoring adherence to physical activity in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Diet and physical activity in patients with type 1 diabetes.
- Physical exercise and diabetes during childhood.
- Managing insulin therapy during exercise in type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Therapy Insight: the impact of type 1 diabetes on brain development and function.
- Declining Death Rates From Hyperglycemic Crisis Among Adults With Diabetes, U.S., 1985â€“2002.
- Nutrition Recommendations and Interventions for Diabetesâ€“2006 is a position statement of the American Diabetes Association. Also available in PDF format.
- Ethnic Differences in Perinatal Outcome of Gestational Diabetes Mellitus.
- Disparities in HbA1c Levels Between African-American and Non-Hispanic White Adults With Diabetes.
20 August 2006
- Predictors of fear of hypoglycemia in adolescents with type 1 diabetes and their parents.
- How much can school staff help children with diabetes type 1 in school?
- Compliance and administration methods in management of type 1 diabetes.
- Long-term benefits of continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion in children with Type 1 diabetes: a 4-year follow-up.
- Insulin pump therapy in type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Twice-daily compared with once-daily insulin glargine in people with Type 1 diabetes using meal-time insulin aspart suggests that better results will be achieved by splitting the daily dose of Lantus.
- Blood ketone bodies in patients with recent-onset type 1 diabetes (a multicenter study).
- Social consumption of alcohol in adolescents with Type 1 diabetes is associated with increased glucose lability, but not hypoglycaemia.
- Self monitoring blood glucose and quality of care.
- Systolic blood pressure response to exercise in type 1 diabetes families compared with healthy control individuals.
- Physical activity and diabetes.
- The social and economic consequences of childhood-onset Type 1 diabetes mellitus across the lifecourse: a systematic review.
- The spectrum of thyroid disorders in adult type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Diabetes therapy trials with inhaled insulin.
- Within-patient variation of the pharmacokinetics of subcutaneously injected biphasic insulin aspart as assessed by compartmental modelling.
13 August 2006
- Insulin Therapy in Pediatric Patients with Type I Diabetes: Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion versus Multiple Daily Injections. Full text available in PDF format.
- Cost-effectiveness of continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (CSII) in children: illusion or delusion?
- Risk and benefits of continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (CSII) treatment in school children and adolescents.
- Hypoglycemia and ketoacidosis with insulin pump therapy in children and adolescents.
- Current practice of insulin pump therapy in children and adolescents - the Hannover recipe.
- In vitro stability of insulin lispro in continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion.
- Technical risks with subcutaneous insulin infusion.
- Psychosocial characteristics of diabetic students at sporting students hospital in Alexandria.
- Prehypertension risk factors in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Will availability of inhaled human insulin (Exubera(R)) improve management of type 2 diabetes? The design of the Real World trial.
6 August 2006
- Long-term Mortality and Incidence of Renal Dialysis and Transplantation in Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus. Full text available in PDF format.
- Optimal control of type 1 diabetes mellitus in youth receiving intensive treatment.
- Use of continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion by a portable insulin pump during pregnancy in women with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Pregnancy outcome after first trimester exposure to metformin: a meta-analysis.
- Caution on use of ACE inhibitors in First Trimester.
- Diabetes mellitus and periodontal diseases.
- Bone mineral density and alterations of bone metabolism in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Therapeutic approaches for diabetic osteopahty.
- Diabetes education via mobile text messaging.
- Glycemia and cognitive function in older adults using glucose-lowering drugs.
- Glycosylated Hemoglobin Level and Development of Mild Cognitive Impairment or Dementia in Older Women.
- Diabetes Mellitus, Dementia, and Cognitive Function in Older Persons.
30 July 2006
- Demographic risk factors, mediators, and moderators in youths' diabetes metabolic control.
- Fluctuation of serum basal insulin levels following single and multiple dosing of insulin glargine.
- Advantage of Premeal-Injected Insulin Glulisine Compared With Regular Human Insulin in Subjects With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Fathers' reflections on parenting young children with type 1 diabetes. See also Fathers of Diabetic Children Express Their Concerns About the Disease.
- Acceptability of lower glycemic index foods in the diabetes camp setting.
- Exercise frequency and arterial compliance in non-diabetic and type 1 diabetic individuals.
- Prepregnancy Care and Pregnancy Outcomes in Women With Type 1 Diabetes.
- A Critical Appraisal of the Continuous Glucoseâ€“Error Grid Analysis.
- Longitudinal Study of New and Prevalent Use of Self-Monitoring of Blood Glucose.
- Is Self-Monitoring of Blood Glucose Appropriate for All Type 2 Diabetic Patients? The Fremantle Diabetes Study.
- A Low-Fat Vegan Diet Improves Glycemic Control and Cardiovascular Risk Factors in a Randomized Clinical Trial in Individuals With Type 2 Diabetes.
- Chromium Picolinate Supplementation Attenuates Body Weight Gain and Increases Insulin Sensitivity in Subjects With Type 2 Diabetes.
- Clinical Effectiveness of First and Repeat Influenza Vaccination in Adult and Elderly Diabetic Patients.
- Intensive Insulin Therapy in the Intensive Care Unit; Assessment by continuous glucose monitoring.
- Use of U-500 regular insulin by continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion in patients with type 2 diabetes and severe insulin resistance.
23 July 2006
- School nurses' perceptions of self-efficacy in providing diabetes care.
- The UK case-control study of cerebral oedema complicating diabetic ketoacidosis in children.
- Insulin detemir lowers the risk of hypoglycaemia and provides more consistent plasma glucose levels compared with NPH insulin in Type 1 diabetes.
- Treatment with insulin glargine does not suppress serum IGF-1.
- Preliminary data of insulin glargine use among Thai adolescents and young adults with type 1 diabetes mellitus treated at Siriraj Hospital.
- Improved glycemic control among Thai children and young adults with type 1 diabetes participating in the diabetes camp.
- A review of types 1 and 2 diabetes mellitus and their treatment with insulin.
- Noninjectable methods of insulin administration.
- Changes in clitoral blood flow in premenopausal women affected by type 1 diabetes after single 100-mg administration of sildenafil.
16 July 2006
- Safety of insulin glulisine when given by continuous subcutaneous infusion using an external pump in patients with type 1 diabetes.
- Exhuberance Over Exubera. Also available in PDF format.
- Urinary dipsticks must not be used to detect diabetes-induced incipient nephropathy.
- Maternal third trimester hyperglycaemic excursions predict large-for-gestational-age infants in type 1 diabetic pregnancy.
- Dental caries in type 1 diabetics: influence of systemic factors of the disease upon the development of dental caries.
- Evaluation of blood pressure changes by 24-hours ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM) in young, normotensive patients with diabetes mellitus type I.
- Low-Total-Fat Diet Did Not Reduce the Risk of Cardiovascular Events. Also available in PDF format.
- Combination therapy with an angiotensin receptor blocker and an ACE inhibitor in proteinuric renal disease: a systematic review of the efficacy and safety data.
- Blood glucose levels and problem behavior.
9 July 2006
- The effect of long-term swimming program on glycemia control in 14-19-year aged healthy girls and girls with type 1 diabetes mellitus. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Cost-effectiveness of basal insulin from a US health system perspective: comparative analyses of detemir, glargine, and NPH.
- The Argument against Glycemic Index: What Are the Other Options?
- Low Glycemic Index Foods Should Play a Role in Improving Overall Glycemic Control in Type-1 and Type-2 Diabetic Patients and, More Specifically, in Correcting Excessive Postprandial Hyperglycemia.
- Optimal diet for glycemia and lipids.
- Antioxidants and diabetes.
- Correlation analysis between diabetic retinopathy and early atherosclerotic changes in adolescents with type 1 diabetes - preliminary report.
- The assessment of 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM), microalbuminuria and diabetic autonomous neuropathy in children with type 1 diabetes and hypertension.
- Oxidative function of neutrophils in periodontitis patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus. Free full text available in PDF format.
2 July 2006
- Growth, puberty, and final height in children with Type 1 diabetes.
- Efficacy of continuous glucose monitoring system (CGMS) to detect postprandial hyperglycemia and unrecognized hypoglycemia in type 1 diabetic patients.
- Continuous Glucose Monitoringâ€“Guided Insulin Adjustment in Children and Adolescents on Near-Physiological Insulin Regimens.
- Evaluation of Factors Affecting CGMS Calibration. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Home-based Behavioral Health Intervention: Use of a Telehealth Model to Address Poor Adherence to Type-1 Diabetes Medical Regimens.
- Insulin glargine and its place in the treatment of Types 1 and 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Psychological interventions to improve glycaemic control in patients with type 1 diabetes: systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Long-Term Clinical Effects of Epalrestat, an Aldose Reductase Inhibitor, on Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy.
- Physical Activity, Cardiovascular Fitness, and Insulin Sensitivity Among U.S. Adolescents - The National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 1999â€“2002.
25 June 2006
- Continuous subcutaneous glucose monitoring in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus: a single-blind, randomized, controlled trial.
- Prevalence and risk factors for microalbuminuria in a population-based sample of children and adolescents with T1DM in Western Australia.
- Asymptomatic cardiomyopathy in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus: association of echocardiographic indicators with duration of diabetes mellitus and metabolic parameters.
- Myocardial dysfunction, neuropathy and nephropathy in long standing type 1 diabetic patients.
- Urinary cytokine response to asymptomatic bacteriuria in type 1 diabetic children and young adults.
- Teenagers with Diabetes - Management Challenges is the PDF full text of a study previously reported as an abstract.
- An empowerment-based educational program improves psychological well-being and health-related quality of life in Type 1 diabetes.
- Perinatal mortality and congenital anomalies in babies of women with type 1 or type 2 diabetes in England, Wales, and Northern Ireland: population based study. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Obesity Among US Urban Preschool Children - Relationships to Race, Ethnicity, and Socioeconomic Status. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Exercise for Low-Income Patients With Diabetes is about type 2 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
18 June 2006
- Nationwide Long-term Study Shows Brain Function Not Impaired By Tight Diabetes Control and Severe Hypoglycemia. See also ADA: Cognitive Function Preserved with Tight Glucose Control.
- Mortality in African-Americans with Type 1 diabetes: The New Jersey 725.
- Sugar monitor gets kids involved in diabetes care reports on data presented by Dr. Bruce Buckingham at the ADA's 2006 Scientific Sessions.
- Insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome in type 1 diabetes mellitus. Free Portuguese language full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Parent Report of Mealtime Behaviors in Young Children with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: Implications for Better Assessment of Dietary Adherence Problems in the Clinic.
- Potential causes of weight gain in type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Effect of calcium dobesilate on progression of early diabetic retinopathy: a randomised double-blind study.
- Carotid Intima-Media Thickness and Antihypertensive Treatment. A Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials.
11 June 2006
- Fulfilling the promise of insulin pump therapy in childhood diabetes.
- Risk and benefits of continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (CSII) treatment in school children and adolescents.
- Emerging evidence for the use of insulin pump therapy in infants, toddlers, and preschool-aged children with type 1 diabetes.
- The selection of children and adolescents for treatment with continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (CSII).
- Hypoglycemia and ketoacidosis with insulin pump therapy in children and adolescents.
- Closing the loop: combining insulin pumps and glucose sensors in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Cost-effectiveness of continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (CSII) in children: illusion or delusion?
- Antidepressants Can Increase Diabetes Risk in Certain Cases.
- Effects of regular physical activity on control of glycemia in pediatric patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Plasma glucose response to recreational diving in novice teenage divers with insulin-requiring diabetes mellitus.
- Teenagers with diabetes - Management challenges.
- Amylin replacement therapy in patients with type 1 diabetes.
- Use of pramlintide: the patient's perspective.
- Perceptions of psychosocial support groups by parents who have a child with diabetes: a needs analysis.
- The effects of type 1 diabetes and its long-term complications on physical and mental health status.
4 June 2006
- Feasibility and safety of insulin pump therapy in children aged 2 to 7 years with type 1 diabetes: a retrospective study.
- Insulin pump therapy in youth with type 1 diabetes: a retrospective paired study.
- Evaluation of CGMS® During Rapid Blood Glucose Changes in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Extended use of a new continuous glucose monitoring system with wireless data transmission in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Value and limitations of the Continuous Glucose Monitoring System in the management of type 1 diabetes.
- Living with diabetes: the experience as it is told by children. Free Portuguese language full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Inhaled human insulin (Exubera®): a review of its use in adult patients with diabetes mellitus.
- Type 1 diabetes and pregnancy: trends in birth weight over 40 years at a single clinic.
- Reinforced follow-up for children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes and inadequate glycaemic control: a randomized controlled trial intervention via the local pharmacist and telecare.
- Is it time to review the screening guidelines for younger diabetic children?
28 May 2006
- Dietary Fat Intake Predicts 1-Year Change in Body Fat in Adolescent Girls With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Idiosyncratic Personal Explanations for Blood Glucose Events Are Associated With Poorer Self-Management and Glycemic Control in Adult Patients With Long-Standing Type 1 Diabetes.
- Guided self-determination improves life skills with Type 1 diabetes and A1C in randomized controlled trial.
- Self-care of young adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Prevalence of Diabetes Complications in Adolescents With Type 2 Compared With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Results of the cross-national Diabetes Attitudes, Wishes and Needs (DAWN) study.
- Physician and Nurse Use of Psychosocial Strategies in Diabetes Care; Results of the cross-national Diabetes Attitudes, Wishes and Needs (DAWN) study.
- Subclinical peripheral neuropathy in type 1 diabetic adolescents and its relationship with metabolic control.
- A randomized trial of low-protein diet in type 1 and in type 2 diabetes mellitus patients with incipient and overt nephropathy.
- The effect of diabetes mellitus treatment and good glycemic control on the erectile function in men with diabetes mellitus-induced erectile dysfunction: a pilot study.
21 May 2006
- Predictors of glycemic control on insulin pump therapy in children and adolescents with type I diabetes.
- Guidelines concerning insulin dosage in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes on continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion.
- Evaluation of selected risk factors of atherosclerosis in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus and hypercholesterolemia.
- Health-related quality of life of siblings of children with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Inhaled human insulin.
- Insulin glulisine.
- Newer insulin analogues and inhaled insulin.
- Overview of the diagnosis and management of diabetic ketoacidosis.
- Peculiarities of Lipid Disorders in Patients With Type II Diabetes Mellitus: in Which Cases We Should Administer Statins?
- Ergotamine use in severe diabetic autonomic neuropathy.
14 May 2006
- Point-of-care Test Identifies Diabetic Ketoacidosis at Triage.
- Utility of "Bolus" Insulin in the Management of Diabetic Ketoacidosis. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Weight gain is associated with improved glycaemic control but with adverse changes in plasma lipids and blood pressure in Type 1 diabetes.
- Insulin detemir under steady-state conditions: no accumulation and constant metabolic effect over time with twice daily administration in subjects with Type 1 diabetes.
- Accuracy, effect on insulin therapy and glycemic control and complications of the continuous glucose monitoring system in type 1 diabetic patients.
- Self-Efficacy, Outcome Expectations, and Diabetes Self-Management in Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes: transition between diabetes services.
- Comparison of nonmydriatic digital retinal imaging versus dilated ophthalmic examination for nondiabetic eye disease in persons with diabetes.
- Pregnancy in women with diabetes-after the CEMACH report, what now?
- Screening for nephropathy and antiangiotensin use among diabetic patients in an academic community medical center.
- Diabetic muscle infarction of the forearm in a patient with long-standing type 1 diabetes.
7 May 2006
- Mixing rapid-acting insulin analogues with insulin glargine in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Clinical Decision-Making in Blood Pressure Management of Patients with Diabetes Mellitus: An Oklahoma Physicians Resource/Research Network (OKPRN) Study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Telemedical support to improve glycemic control in adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Family Mediators and Moderators of Treatment Outcomes Among Youths with Poorly Controlled Type 1 Diabetes: Results From a Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Diabetes mellitus as a model of psychosomatic and somatopsychic interrelationships.
- Diabetes and Ramadan: Review of the literature.
- Dietary Intake among Youth with Diabetes: The SEARCH for Diabetes in Youth Study.
- Effect of glycemic control on microalbuminuria and arterial blood pressure in patients with type 1 diabetes.
- Dioabetic dyslipoproteinemia.
- Contraindications can damage your health--is metformin a case in point?
- Pregnancy in women with Type 2 diabetes: who takes metformin and what is the outcome?
30 April 2006
- The Use of Insulin Pumps With Meal Bolus Alarms in Children With Type 1 Diabetes to Improve Glycemic Control.
- Newer therapeutic options for children with diabetes mellitus: theoretical and practical considerations.
- Mealtime Interactions Relate to Dietary Adherence and Glycemic Control in Young Children With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Diet of Adolescents With and Without Diabetes.
- Low-glycemic index carbohydrates: an effective behavioral change for glycemic control and weight management in patients with type 1 and 2 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Structured Personal Diabetes Care in Primary Health Care Affects Only Women's HbA1c.
- Effects of acute hypoglycemia on motivation and cognitive interference in people with type 1 diabetes.
- Diabetes and risk of acute infectious conjunctivitis--a population-based case-control study.
- Pediatric stroke associated with new onset type 1 diabetes mellitus: case reports and review of the literature.
- Diabetes nurse educators and preconception counseling. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Risk and Short-Term Prognosis of Myocardial Infarction Among Users of Antidiabetic Drugs.
23 April 2006
- Characteristics at diagnosis of type 1 diabetes in children younger than 6 years.
- 'The honeymoon phase' in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus: frequency, duration, and influential factors.
- Newer therapeutic options for children with diabetes mellitus: theoretical and practical considerations.
- Insulin Treatment In Type 1 Diabetes.
- Long-term Intervention Studies Using Insulin In Patients With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Actual usage and clinical effectiveness of insulin preparations in patients with Type 1 diabetes mellitus in Japan: CoDiC((R))-based analysis of clinical data obtained at multiple institutions (JDDM 3).
- Short acting insulin analogues versus regular human insulin in patients with diabetes mellitus. (Temper the conclusions of this review with the three studies above.)
- Row breaks out over German funding of short acting diabetes treatment.
- Comparison of breakfast and bedtime administration of insulin glargine in children and adolescents with Type 1 diabetes.
- Functionality and acceptability of a new electronic insulin injection pen with a memory feature.
- Insights From The Diabetes Control And Complications Trial/Epidemiology Of Diabetes Interventions And Complications Study On The Use Of Intensive Glycemic Treatment To Reduce The Risk Of Complications Of Type 1 Diabetes.
- Diagnosis and treatment of hypoglycemia unawareness in type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- Telecare in a structured therapeutic education programme addressed to patients with type 1 diabetes and poor metabolic control.
- Prognostic significance of the white coat hypertension in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Treating Depression to Prevent Diabetes and Its Complications: Understanding Depression as a Medical Risk Factor. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The prevalence of co-morbid depression in adults with Type 1 diabetes: systematic literature review.
- Periodontal disease and diabetes metabolic control: a full-mouth disinfection approach.
- In vitro evaluation of virulence attributes of Candida spp. isolated from patients affected by diabetes mellitus.
- Reduced prevalence of early preterm delivery in women with Type 1 diabetes and microalbuminuria--possible effect of early antihypertensive treatment during pregnancy.
- Comparing three theories in predicting reproductive health behavioral intention in adolescent women with diabetes.
- A low-fat diet improves peripheral insulin sensitivity in patients with Type 1 diabetes.
- Influences on screening for chronic diabetes complications in type 1 diabetes.
- Management of Dyslipidemia in Diabetes.
- Frequency of sub-clinical cerebral edema in children with diabetic ketoacidosis.
- Case Report: Pediatric stroke associated with new onset type 1 diabetes mellitus: case reports and review of the literature.
- Contribution of post-breakfast plasma glucose to the glycemic control of type 2 diabetic patients.
- The influence of glucose self-monitoring on glycaemic control in patients with diabetes mellitus in Sudan.
16 April 2006
- Assessing Glycemia in Diabetes Using Self-monitoring Blood Glucose and Hemoglobin A1c.
- Efficacy of lipid lowering drug treatment for diabetic and non-diabetic patients: meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Lipid profile correlates with glycemic control in young patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- A therapeutic education programme for diabetic children: recreational, creative methods, and use of puppets.
- The glucose intolerance induced by caffeinated coffee ingestion is less pronounced than that due to alkaloid caffeine in men.
- Diabetic ketoacidosis--a possible complicating factor in deaths associated with drug overdose: two case reports.
9 April 2006
- Prevalence and correlates of depressed mood among youth with diabetes: the SEARCH for Diabetes in Youth study. See also Diabetic Children Should Be Screened for Depressive Symptoms.
- Insulin Allergy and Extensive Lipoatrophy in Child with Type 1 Diabetes.
- DAFNE (Dose Adjustment for Normal Eating): structured education in insulin replacement therapy for type 1 diabetes.
- Prevalence of antiplatelet therapy in patients with diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Diabetes mellitus and the dental patient.
- Sexual dysfunction in women with diabetes mellitus.
- Sildenafil improves sexual functioning in premenopausal women with type 1 diabetes who are affected by sexual arousal disorder: a double-blind, crossover, placebo-controlled pilot study.
- Glycaemic levels triggering intensification of therapy in type 2 diabetes in the community: the Fremantle Diabetes Study.
2 April 2006
- Results of a Randomised Controlled Cross-Over Trial on the Effect of Continuous Subcutaneous Glucose Monitoring (CGMS) on Glycaemic Control in Children and Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Type 1 Diabetes and Vigorous Exercise: Applications of Exercise Physiology to Patient Management.
- Type 1 Diabetes and Exercise: Using the Insulin Pump to Maximum Advantage.
- Alterations of blood pressure in type 1 diabetic children and adolescents.
- Comparison of dietary intake of type I diabetic patients and nutritional recommendations.
- Use of a blood glucose monitoring manual to enhance monitoring adherence in adults with diabetes: a randomized controlled trial.
- Thyroid disorders in diabetic patients. Free Portuguese language full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Prevalence of thyroid autoimmunity in a group of patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus in Londrina, PR. Free Portuguese language full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Visual prognosis after panretinal photocoagulation for proliferative diabetic retinopathy.
- Diagnostic Criteria For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome And Ovarian Morphology In Women With Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Long-Term Breast-Feeding in Women With Type 1 Diabetes.
- High Risk of Cardiovascular Disease in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes in the U.K..
26 March 2006
- Continuous glucose monitoring: a critical appraisal after one year experience. Free Portuguese language full text available in HTML and PDF format.
- Administration of Lispro Insulin with Meals Improves Glycemic Control, Increases Circulating Leptin, and Suppresses Ghrelin, Compared with Regular/NPH Insulin in Female Patients with Type 1 Diabetes. Free registration is required to view or download the accompanying Power Point presentation. See also the PubMed citation.
- FlexPen: addressing issues of confidence and convenience in insulin delivery.
- Subcutaneous tissue thickness in children with type 1 diabetes clearly illustrates the importance of choosing a correct needle length.
- Reproductive health and preconception counseling awareness in adolescents with diabetes: what they don't know can hurt them.
- The role of significant others in adolescent diabetes: a qualitative study.
- Dissociation of Lung Function Changes with Humoral Immunity During Inhaled Human Insulin Therapy.
- Epidemiology of diabetic retinopathy in Lebanon.
- Effects of fat on gastric emptying of, and the glycemic, insulin and incretin responses to, a carbohydrate meal in type 2 diabetes. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Diabetes: Unmasking Its Hidden Toll.
19 March 2006
- Introduction of sucrose in the diet plan of persons with type 1 diabetes: its influence in the glycemic control. Free Portuguese-language full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Pubertal growth and final height in 40 patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus. Free Portuguese-language full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Blood Glucose Awareness Training: What Is It, Where Is It, and Where Is It Going?
- Skin lesions in diabetic patients. Free Portuguese-language full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Serum levels of activin A and inhibin A are not related to the increased susceptibility to pre-eclampsia in type I diabetic pregnancies.
- Diabetes, Psychiatric Disorders, and the Metabolic Effects of Antipsychotic Medications. Also available in PDF format.
- Lipid Management in Type 2 Diabetes. Also available in PDF format.
12 March 2006
- Short sprint prevents low blood sugar.
- ACE-inhibitor use and the long-term risk of renal failure in diabetes.
- The Renin-Angiotensin system and its blockade in diabetic renal and cardiovascular disease.
- Efficacy of conversion from bedtime NPH insulin to morning insulin glargine in type 2 diabetic patients on basal-prandial insulin therapy.
- Biphasic insulin aspart 30: literature review of adverse events associated with treatment.
- Randomized placebo-controlled trial of metformin for adolescents with polycystic ovary syndrome.
- Should Postprandial Hyperglycaemia in Prediabetic and Type 2 Diabetic Patients be Treated?
- North Carolina family medicine residency programs' diabetes learning collaborative. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Canadian dietitians' use and perceptions of glycemic index in diabetes management.
5 March 2006
- Mini-dose glucagon rescue for mild hypoglycaemia in children with type 1 diabetes: The Brisbane experience. See also Mini-Dose Glucagon Rescue for Hypoglycemia in Children With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Efficacy and safety of preprandial human insulin inhalation powder versus injectable insulin in patients with type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The 10-s Maximal Sprint: A novel approach to counter an exercise-mediated fall in glycemia in individuals with type 1 diabetes.
- QT dispersion Comparison between participants with Type 1 and 2 diabetes and association with microalbuminuria in diabetes.
- Exenatide: effect of injection time on postprandial glucose in patients with Type 2 diabetes.
- Better cognitive performance following a low-glycaemic-index compared with a high-glycaemic-index carbohydrate meal in adults with type 2 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Long-Term Effects of a Diabetes and Pregnancy Program.
- Metformin use and diabetic pregnancy-has its time come?
- Assessing health systems for type 1 diabetes in sub-Saharan Africa: developing a 'Rapid Assessment Protocol for Insulin Access'. Free full text available in PDF format.
26 February 2006
- Nocturnal Hypoglycemia in Type 1 Diabetes: An Assessment of Preventive Bedtime Treatments. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Classroom attention in children with Type 1 diabetes mellitus: The effect of stabilizing serum glucose.
- Insulin Pump Therapy in Preschool Children with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus Improves Glycemic Control and Decreases Glucose Excursions and the Risk of Hypoglycemia. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Insulin pumps in pediatric routine care improve long-term metabolic control without increasing the risk of hypoglycemia.
- Palm Glucose Readings Compared with Fingertip Readings Under Steady and Dynamic Glycemic Conditions, Using the OneTouch® Ultra® Blood Glucose Monitoring System. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Improved glycaemic control with insulin glargine plus insulin lispro: a multicentre, randomized, cross-over trial in people with Type 1 diabetes.
- Biphasic insulin aspart vs. human insulin in adolescents with type 1 diabetes on multiple daily insulin injections.
- Psychological aspects of continuous glucose monitoring in pediatric type 1 diabetes.
- Quantifying Temporal Glucose Variability in Diabetes via Continuous Glucose Monitoring: Mathematical Methods and Clinical Application. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Conscious level in children with diabetic ketoacidosis is related to severity of acidosis and not to blood glucose concentration.
- Inflammatory cytokine, growth factor and counterregulatory responses to exercise in children with type 1 diabetes and healthy controls.
- EXUBERA®: Pharmaceutical Development of a Novel Product for Pulmonary Delivery of Insulin. Free full text available in PDF format.
- How Good Is Your Glucose Control? Free full text available in PDF format.
- Glycated Hemoglobin Assessment in Clinical Practice: Comparison of the A1cNow(TM) Point-of-Care Device with Central Laboratory Testing (GOAL A1C Study). Free full text available in PDF format.
- Evaluation of a Continuous Glucose Monitoring System for Use in Veterinary Medicine. Free full text available in PDF format.
19 February 2006
- Two new studies add further evidence to the significant clinical benefit of blood ketone testing compared with urine ketone testing:
- Sick day management using blood 3-hydroxybutyrate (3-OHB) compared with urine ketone monitoring reduces hospital visits in young people with T1DM: a randomized clinical trial.
- Early detection of insulin deprivation in continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion-treated patients with type 1 diabetes.
- Acute, Same Day, Effects of Antecedent Exercise on Counterregulatory Responses to Subsequent Hypoglycemia in Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Effect of stress management training on glycemic control in patients with type 1 diabetes.
- Improving self-management in insulin-treated adults participating in diabetes education. The role of overprotection by the partner.
- The extended health belief model applied to the experience of diabetes in young people.
- Brief Report: Friendships of Adolescents with and without Diabetes.
12 February 2006
- Dental caries and salivary status in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus, related to the metabolic control of the disease.
- Diabetes Can Lead To Gum Disease In Childhood; Onset Is Younger Than Previously Recognized.
- Facing the Diabetes Epidemic â€” Mandatory Reporting of Glycosylated Hemoglobin Values in New York City. Also available in PDF format.
- Evaluating the Clinical Accuracy of Two Continuous Glucose Sensors Using Continuous Glucoseâ€“Error Grid Analysis is now available in full text.
- Exubera Approved Despite Initial Lung Function Concerns.
- New Long-Acting Insulin, Levemir, Shows Less Weight Gain Associated With Insulin Therapy -- Now Available In Canada.
- Forty-eight-hour first-trimester glucose profiles in women with type 1 diabetes mellitus: a report of three cases of congenital malformation.
- The relation between family factors and metabolic control: the role of diabetes adherence.
- Effects of Enhanced Depression Treatment on Diabetes Self-Care. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Quality of Preventive Care for Diabetes: Effects of Visit Frequency and Competing Demands. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Management of Type 2 Diabetes in the Primary Care Setting: A Practice-Based Research Network Study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
5 February 2006
- Evaluation of a self-management-based patient education program for the treatment and prevention of hypoglycemia-related problems in type 1 diabetes.
- An audit of diabetes control, dietary management and quality of life in adults with type 1 diabetes mellitus, and a comparison with nondiabetic subjects.
- Structured Diabetes Therapy and Education Improves the Outcome of Patients with Insulin Treated Diabetes Mellitus - The 10 Year Follow-Up of a Prospective, Population-Based Survey on the Quality of Diabetes Care (The JEVIN Trial).
29 January 2006
- Pfizer Receives FDA Approval for Exubera, the First Inhalable Form of Insulin for Controlling Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes in Adults. See also FDA Approves First Ever Inhaled Insulin Combination Product for Treatment of Diabetes, Pfizer Wins F.D.A. Approval for Inhaled Form of Insulin, and FDA Approves Inhalable Insulin.
- The Effect of Smoking Cessation and Subsequent Resumption on Absorption of Inhaled Insulin.
- Comparison of the effects of continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (CSII) and NPH-based multiple daily insulin injections (MDI) on glycaemic control and quality of life: results of the 5-nations trial.
- Insulin pump therapy in childhood diabetes-cost implications for Primary Care Trusts.
- Continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion in pediatric patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus (or Tratamiento con infusiÃ³n subcutÃ¡nea continua de insulina en pacientes pediÃ¡tricos con diabetes mellitus tipo 1) is in both English and Spanish. Free full text in Spanish available in PDF format.
- Hypoglycemia and its effects on the brain in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Periodontal Changes in Children and Adolescents With Diabetes.
- Spectrum and Prevalence of Atherogenic Risk Factors in 27,358 Children, Adolescents, and Young Adults With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Mobile diabetes education and care: intervention for children and young people with Type 1 diabetes in rural areas of northern Germany.
- Quality of Life in Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes Who Participate in Diabetes Camp.
- Middle-Aged Premenopausal Women With Type 1 Diabetes Have Lower Bone Mineral Density and Calcaneal Quantitative Ultrasound Than Nondiabetic Women.
- Sexual Function and Endocrine Profile in Fertile Women With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Increased Cancer-Related Mortality for Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Who Use Sulfonylureas or Insulin.
- Presence of Diabetes Risk Factors in a Large U.S. Eighth-Grade Cohort.
22 January 2006
- Attentional functioning is impaired during acute hypoglycaemia in people with Type 1 diabetes.
- Optimal timing of injection of once-daily insulin glargine in people with Type 1 diabetes using insulin lispro at meal-times.
- On-line adaptive algorithm with glucose prediction capacity for subcutaneous closed loop control of glucose: evaluation under fasting conditions in patients with Type 1 diabetes.
- A predictive tool for the self-management of diabetes (Librae): evaluation using a continuous glucose monitoring system.
- Glycaemic Control with Modified Intensive Insulin Injections (MII) Using Insulin Pens and Premixed Insulin in Children with Type-1 Diabetes: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Hippocampal volume and cognitive performance in long-standing Type 1 diabetic patients without macrovascular complications.
- Periodontal status of diabetics compared with nondiabetics: a meta-analysis.
- Doseâ€“response relation between sulfonylurea drugs and mortality in type 2 diabetes mellitus: a population-based cohort study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats. See also Sulfonylureas for Type 2 Diabetes Drugs Linked to Heart Deaths.
- Effect of inhibitors of the renin-angiotensin system and other antihypertensive drugs on renal outcomes: systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Cost-effectiveness of full medicare coverage of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors for beneficiaries with diabetes. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Nocturnal neuropathic pain in diabetic patients may be caused by spinal stenosis.
- Early detection of diabetic cardiomyopathy: usefulness of tissue Doppler imaging.
- Screening for Type 2 diabetes in the accident and emergency department.
- Possible correlation between type 1 diabetes mellitus and female sexual dysfunction: case report and literature review.
15 January 2006
- Long-acting insulin analogues (insulin glargine or determir) and continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion in the treatment of type 1 diabetes mellitus in the paediatric population.
- Intensive insulin therapy today: 'basal-bolus' using multiple daily injections or CSII?
- Limitations of the so-called "intensified" insulin therapy in type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Is insulin detemir able to favor a lower variability in the action of injected insulin in diabetic subjects?
- Weight gain and insulin treatment.
- Children as partners with adults in their medical care.
- Parent-child interaction using a mobile and wireless system for blood glucose monitoring. Free full text available in HTML format.
- Effect of Differing Antecedent Hypoglycemia on Counterregulatory Responses to Exercise in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Diabetic Children Performing Prolonged Aerobic Exercise May Have High Rate of Hypoglycemia.
- The effect of resistance versus aerobic training on metabolic control in patients with type-1 diabetes mellitus.
- Screening compliance and visual outcome in diabetes.
- The pregnancies of women with Type 2 diabetes: poor outcomes but opportunities for improvement.
- Type 2 diabetes in pregnancy: a wolf in sheep's clothing.
- Treatment of lipid disorders in patients with diabetes.
8 January 2006
- Insulin pump therapy in preschool children with type 1 diabetes mellitus improves glycemic control and decreases glucose excursions and the risk of hypoglycemia.
- Determinants of glycaemic control in type 1 diabetes during intensified therapy with multiple daily insulin injections or continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion: importance of blood glucose variability.
- How good is your glucose control?
1 January 2006
- Metabolic control and educational status in children with type 1 diabetes: effects of a summer camp and intensive insulin treatment.
- Reproductive disturbances in type 1 diabetic women.
- Frequency and clinical characteristics of ketoacidosis at onset of childhood type 1 diabetes mellitus in Northwest Saudi Arabia.
- Plasma nitrotyrosine levels, antioxidant vitamins and hyperglycaemia.
- Decreased ß-Cell Function in Overweight Latino Children With Impaired Fasting Glucose.
- Improved glycaemic control--an unintended benefit of a nurse-led cardiovascular risk reduction clinic.
[ Current Daily Care News | News from 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
Last Updated: Monday January 02, 2017 14:33:04
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.