Daily Care News from 2018
14 March 2018
- The influence of food order on postprandial glucose levels in children with type 1 diabetes.
- Accuracy of Continuous Glucose Monitoring before, during, and after Aerobic and Anaerobic Exercise in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Day-and-Night Closed-Loop Insulin Delivery in a Broad Population of Pregnant Women With Type 1 Diabetes: A Randomized Controlled Crossover Trial.
- Treating Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus with a Rapid-Acting Analog Insulin Regimen vs. Regular Human Insulin in Germany: A Long-Term Cost-Effectiveness Evaluation.
- Perspectives of Patients with Insulin-Treated Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes on Hypoglycemia: Results of the HAT Observational Study in Central and Eastern European Countries.
- Incidence of Diabetic Ketoacidosis of New-Onset Type 1 Diabetes in Children and Adolescents in Different Countries Correlates with Human Development Index (HDI): An Updated Systematic Review, Meta-Analysis, and Meta-Regression.
7 March 2018
- Real-World Use of Open Source Artificial Pancreas Systems. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Greater early postprandial suppression of endogenous glucose production and higher initial glucose disappearance is achieved with fast-acting insulin aspart compared to insulin aspart.
- Automatic Adaptation of Basal Insulin Using Sensor-Augmented Pump Therapy.
- Effect of Automated Bolus Calculation on Glucose Variability and Quality of Life in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes on CSII Treatment.
- Racial/Ethnic Minority Youth With Recent-Onset Type 1 Diabetes Have Poor Prognostic Factors.
- Young children with type 1 diabetes can achieve glycemic targets without hypoglycemia: Results of a novel intensive diabetes management program.
- Advancing diabetes management in adolescents: Comparative effectiveness of mobile self-monitoring blood glucose technology and family-centered goal setting.
- "KiDS and Diabetes in Schools" project: Experience with an international educational intervention among parents and school professionals.
- Severe hypoglycemia and diabetic ketoacidosis in young persons with preschool onset of type 1 diabetes mellitus: An analysis of three nationwide population-based surveys.
- Association between habitual coffee consumption and metabolic syndrome in type 1 diabetes.
- Diabetic ketoacidosis incidence in children at first presentation of type 1 diabetes at an Australian regional hospital: the effect of health professional education.
- CGM Cuts Hypoglycemia in At-Risk Type 1 Diabetes Patients. (Free Medscape membership required)
28 February 2018
- Real-time continuous glucose monitoring in adults with type 1 diabetes and impaired hypoglycaemia awareness or severe hypoglycaemia treated with multiple daily insulin injections (HypoDE): a multicentre, randomised controlled trial.
- Patients' and caregivers' experiences of using continuous glucose monitoring to support diabetes self-management: qualitative study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Clinically meaningful and lasting HbA1c improvement rarely occurs after 5 years of type 1 diabetes: an argument for early, targeted and aggressive intervention following diagnosis.
- Impact of type 1 diabetes on maternal long-term risk of hospitalisation and mortality: a nationwide combined clinical and register-based cohort study (The EPICOM study).
- Association between depressive symptoms and dietary intake in patients with type 1 diabetes.
- Inverse association of insulin antibody levels with insulin sensitivity in adults with Type 1 diabetes.
- Basal Insulin Regimens for Adults with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: A Systematic Review and Network Meta-Analysis.
- Intensive remote monitoring versus conventional care in type 1 diabetes: A randomized controlled trial.
- Factitious hypoglycemia in children and adolescents with diabetes.
21 February 2018
- Growth Trajectory in Children with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: The Impact of Insulin Treatment and Metabolic Control.
- Long-term Study of Tubeless Insulin Pump Therapy Compared to Multiple Daily Injections in Youth with Type 1 Diabetes: Data from the German/Austrian DPV-Registry.
- Gender-differences in glycemic control and diabetes related factors in young adults with type 1 diabetes: results from the METRO study.
- Sodium-glucose co-transporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibitors as add-on therapy to insulin for type 1 diabetes mellitus: Systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.
- Preconception Counseling for Adolescents and Young Adults with Diabetes: a Literature Review of the Past 10 Years.
- Are All Patients With Type 1 Diabetes Destined for Dialysis if They Live Long Enough? Probably Not. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Low Incidence of End-Stage Renal Disease in Childhood-Onset Type 1 Diabetes Followed for Up to 42 Years. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Incidence of End-Stage Renal Disease in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Cumulative Kidney Complication Risk by 50 Years of Type 1 Diabetes: The Effects of Sex, Age, and Calendar Year at Onset.
- Effects of residential summer camp on body mass index and body composition in type 1 diabetes.
14 February 2018
- A physical activity intervention for children with type 1 diabetes- steps to active kids with diabetes (STAK-D): a feasibility study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Fear of hypoglycaemia and its relation to hypoglycaemia awareness and symptom intensity in Type 1 diabetes.
- Food Insecurity is Associated with High Risk Glycemic Control and Higher Health Care Utilization among Youth and Young Adults with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Cost calculation for a flash glucose monitoring system for UK adults with type 1 diabetes mellitus receiving intensive insulin treatment.
- Impact of Insulin Delivery Method on Hypoglycemia Incidence in Pediatric Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus Patients. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Oral contraception in adolescents with type 1 diabetes and its association with cardiovascular risk factors. A multicentre DPV study on 24,011 patients from Germany, Austria, or Luxembourg.
7 February 2018
- Hypoglycemia unawareness in type 1 diabetes suppresses brain responses to hypoglycemia. Free full text available in PDF format. See also Brain scans show why some type 1 diabetics miss low blood sugar cues.
- Mindfulness and fear of hypoglycaemia in parents of children with Type 1 diabetes: results from the Diabetes MILES Youth - The Netherlands dataset.
- Preferences for treatment among adolescents with Type 1 diabetes: a national study using a discrete choice experiment model.
- Sleep in Type 1 Diabetes: Implications for Glycemic Control and Diabetes Management.
- Management of Hypertension and High Low-Density Lipoprotein in Pediatric Type 1 Diabetes.
- Picky Eaters Improved Diet Quality in a Randomized Behavioral Intervention Trial in Youth with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Glucagon treatment in type 1 diabetes - with focus on restoring plasma glucose during mild hypoglycemia.
- Trends in Hospital Admission for Diabetic Ketoacidosis in Adults With Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes in England, 1998â€“2013: A Retrospective Cohort Study.
- Body mass index as a risk factor for coronary events and mortality in patients with type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Higher body mass index predicts cardiac autonomic dysfunction: A longitudinal study in adolescent type 1 diabetes.
- Making Smart Food Choices With T1D - Going Beyond Recommended Guidelines.
31 January 2018
- Parental Diabetes Behaviors and Distress Are Related to Glycemic Control in Youth with Type 1 Diabetes: Longitudinal Data from the DINO Study.
- Trajectories of Acute Diabetes-Specific Stress in Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes and Their Caregivers Within the First Year of Diagnosis.
- Flash forward: a review of flash glucose monitoring.
- Safety of Insulin Lispro and a Biosimilar Insulin Lispro When Administered Through an Insulin Pump.
- Disordered Eating Behaviors Are Not Increased by an Intervention to Improve Diet Quality but Are Associated With Poorer Glycemic Control Among Youth With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Carbohydrate Counting in Children and Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Attitudes and barriers to exercise in adults with a recent diagnosis of type 1 diabetes: a qualitative study of participants in the Exercise for Type 1 Diabetes (EXTOD) study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Assessing the economic value of maintained improvements in Type 1 diabetes management, in terms of HbA1c , weight and hypoglycaemic event incidence.
- Telemedicine in the Management of Type 1 Diabetes.
- Teachers' attitudes and perceptions about preparation of public schools to assist students with type 1 diabetes [in Spain].
24 January 2018
- A Practical Approach to Using Trend Arrows on the Dexcom G5 CGM System to Manage Children and Adolescents With Diabetes. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Effects of Preceding Ethanol Intake on Glucose Response to Low-Dose Glucagon in Individuals With Type 1 Diabetes: A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Crossover Study.
- Rapid-acting and Regular Insulin are Equal for High Fat-Protein Meal in Individuals with Type 1 Diabetes Treated with Multiple Daily Injections.
- Continuous glucose monitoring in pregnant women with Type 1 diabetes: benefits for mothers, using pumps or pens, and their babies.
- Interstitial Glucose and Physical Exercise in Type 1 Diabetes: Integrative Physiology, Technology, and the Gap In-Between. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Effect of Continuous Glucose Monitoring on Glycemic Control, Acute Admissions and Quality of Life: A Real-World Study.
- Lived Experiences of Mothers with Diabetic Children from the Transfer of Caring Role. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The role of hypoglycemia in the burden of living with diabetes among adults with diabetes and family members: results from the DAWN2 study in The Netherlands. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Do Adolescents with T1DM Differ from Their Peers in Health, Eating Habits and Social Support?
- A qualitative interview study of people living with well-controlled Type 1 diabetes.
- The effects of metformin in type 1 diabetes mellitus. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Effect of Metformin on Glycemic Control in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes: A Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials.
- Direct and indirect health economic impact of hypoglycaemia in a global population of patients with insulin-treated diabetes.
- Effectiveness of a tailored medical support to overcome the barriers to education, treatment and good metabolic control in children with type-1 diabetes from ethnic minorities.
- Anti-Insulin Antibodies and Adverse Events with Biosimilar Insulin Lispro Compared with Humalog Insulin Lispro in People with Diabetes.
- Diabetes technology: improving care, improving patient-reported outcomes and preventing complications in young people with Type 1 diabetes.
- Survey on diabetic patients treated with insulin during the fasting month of Ramadan.
17 January 2018
- Risk of Infection in Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes Compared With the General Population: A Matched Cohort Study.
- Concealment of type 1 diabetes at work in Finland: a mixed-method study. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Motivations for Participation in an Online Social Media Community for Diabetes.
- Unexpected Management Behaviors in Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes Using Sensor-Augmented Pump Therapy.
- Improving the Care of Youth With Type 1 Diabetes With a Novel Medical-Legal Community Intervention: The Diabetes Community Care Ambassador Program.
- Effects of the dietary approaches to stop hypertension (DASH) diet on glucose variability in youth with Type 1 diabetes.
- Efficacy of automatic bolus calculator with automatic speech recognition in patients with type 1 diabetes: a randomized crossover trial.
- Safety and Efficacy of Sodium-Glucose Cotransporter 2 (SGLT2) Inhibitors in Type 1 Diabetes: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.
- Ovarian markers and irregular menses among women with type 1 diabetes in the Epidemiology of Diabetes Interventions and Complications study.
10 January 2018
- Insulin Concentration in Vials Randomly Purchased in Pharmacies in the United States: Considerable Loss in the Cold Supply Chain.
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis Severity at Diagnosis and Glycaemic Control in the First Year of Childhood Onset Type 1 Diabetes-A Longitudinal Cohort Study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The Effects of Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion Versus Multiple Insulin Injections on Glucose Variability in Young Adults with Type 1 Diabetes: The 2-Year Follow-Up of the Observational METRO Study.
- Safe Completion of a Trail Running Ultramarathon by Four Men with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Cardiovascular autonomic neuropathy in adolescents and young adults with type 1 and type 2 diabetes: The SEARCH for Diabetes in Youth Cohort Study.
- Influence of socioeconomic and psychological factors in glycemic control in young children with type 1 diabetes mellitus. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
3 January 2018
- Weight-based carbohydrate treatment of hypoglycaemia in people with Type 1 diabetes using insulin pump therapy: a randomized crossover clinical trial.
- A national survey on the efficacy and safety of continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion in patients with type 1 diabetes in Spain.
[ Current Daily Care News | News from 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
Last Updated: Wednesday March 14, 2018 16:35:18
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.