Daily Care News from 2018
20 June 2018
- Accuracy of a Factory-Calibrated, Real-Time Continuous Glucose Monitoring System During 10 Days of Use in Youth and Adults with Diabetes.
- Investigation of the Accuracy of 18 Marketed Blood Glucose Monitors.
- Clinical value of Flash glucose monitoring in patients with type 1 diabetes treated with continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion.
- Insulin pump breakdown and infusion set failure in Italian children with type 1 diabetes: 1-year prospective observational study with suggestions to minimize clinical impact.
- Skin Problems Associated with Insulin Pumps and Sensors in Adults with Type 1 Diabetes: A Cross-Sectional Study.
- Extensive Assessment of Blood Glucose Monitoring During Postprandial Period and Its Impact on Closed-Loop Performance.
- Reduction of glycemic variability with Degludec insulin in patients with unstable diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Are We Compensating for the Lack of Physical Activity in Our Diabetic Patients with Treatment Intensification?
- Dietary Patterns Over Time and Microalbuminuria in Youth and Young Adults With Type 1 Diabetes: The SEARCH Nutrition Ancillary Study.
- Preventing Diabetes Distress in Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes: Results One Year After Participation in the STePS Program.
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring, Glycemic Variability, and Excessive Fetal Growth in Pregnancies Complicated by Type 1 Diabetes.
- Peripartum fetal distress in diabetic women: a retrospective case-cohort study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Severe hypoglycemia is associated with high risk for falls in adults with type 1 diabetes.
- Lower gastrointestinal symptoms are associated with worse glycemic control and quality of life in type 1 diabetes mellitus. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
13 June 2018
- Stigma and Its Association With Glycemic Control and Hypoglycemia in Adolescents and Young Adults With Type 1 Diabetes: Cross-Sectional Study. Free full text available in HTML format. See also Stigma a major issue for many young people with Type 1 diabetes: study and Living with the stigma of diabetes.
- A Comparative Study on Carbohydrate Estimation: GoCARB vs. Dietitians. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Can having a sibling with type 1 diabetes cause disordered eating behaviors?
- Adjusting insulin doses in patients with type 1 diabetes that use insulin pump and continuous glucose monitoring - Variations among countries and physicians.
- The Hybrid Closed-Loop System: Evolution and Practical Applications.
- Mobile Momentary Assessment and Biobehavioral Feedback for Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes: Feasibility and Engagement Patterns.
- Metformin added to intensive insulin therapy improves metabolic control in patients with type 1 diabetes and excess body fat.
- Fracture risk in young and middle-aged adults with Type 1 diabetes mellitus: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Insulin degludec overdose in an adolescent with type 1 diabetes: proactive management including monitoring using the Freestyle Libre flash glucose monitoring system.
- Skin autofluorescence predicts major adverse cardiovascular events in patients with type 1 diabetes: a 7-year follow-up study. Free full text available in PDF format.
6 June 2018
- Evaluating the cost-effectiveness of insulin detemir versus neutral protamine Hagedorn insulin in patients with type 1 or type 2 diabetes in the UK using a short-term modeling approach. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The effect of additional mealtime insulin bolus using an insulin-to-protein ratio compared to to usual carbohydrate counting on postprandial glucose in those with Type 1 diabetes who usually follow a carbohydrate-restricted diet: a randomised cross-over trial.
- A longitudinal, observational study examining the relationships of patient satisfaction with services and mental well-being to their clinical course in young people with Type 1 diabetes mellitus during transition from child to adult health services.
- Cognitive Function Deficits Associated With Long-Duration Type 1 Diabetes and Vascular Complications. See also .
- Women with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: Effect of Disease and Psychosocial-Related Correlates on Health-Related Quality of Life. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- 'Diabulima' through the lens of social media: a qualitative review and analysis of online blogs by people with Type 1 diabetes mellitus and eating disorders.
- Optimization of Insulin Regimen and Glucose Outcomes with Short-Term Real-Time Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Adult Type 1 Diabetic Patients with Suboptimal Control on Multiple Daily Injections: The Adult DIACCOR Study.
- Predictors of changing insulin dose requirements and glycaemic control in children, adolescents and young adults with Type 1 diabetes.
- Burden of cardiovascular risk factors and disease among patients with type 1 diabetes: results of the Australian National Diabetes Audit (ANDA).
- Decreased Retinal Thickness in Type 1 Diabetic Children with Signs of Nonproliferative Diabetic Retinopathy. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
23 May 2018
- Need for Regulatory Change to Incorporate Beyond A1C Glycemic Metrics.
- Mini-Dose Glucagon as a Novel Approach to Prevent Exercise-Induced Hypoglycemia in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Body mass index standard deviation score and obesity in children with type 1 diabetes in the Nordic countries. HbA1c and other predictors of increasing BMISDS.
- Recurrent vertebral fractures in a young adult: a closer look at bone health in type 1 diabetes mellitus. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Determinants of a good perinatal outcome in 588 pregnancies in women with type 1 diabetes.
- Prevalence of alcohol, tobacco, cannabis and other illicit substance use in a population of Canadian adolescents with type 1 diabetes compared to a general adolescent population.
- Carbohydrate knowledge, lifestyle and insulin: an observational study of their association with glycaemic control in adults with type 1 diabetes.
- Changes in body image and onset of disordered eating behaviors in youth with type 1 diabetes over a five-year longitudinal follow-up.
- Adherence to special diets and its association with meeting the nutrient recommendations in individuals with type 1 diabetes.
- A retrospective observational study of people with Type 1 diabetes with self-reported severe hypoglycaemia reveals high level of ambulance attendance but low levels of therapy change and specialist intervention.
- Health Care Utilization and Burden of Diabetic Ketoacidosis in the U.S. Over the Past Decade: A Nationwide Analysis.
- First report on the nationwide incidence of type 1 diabetes and ketoacidosis at onset in children in Serbia: a multicenter study.
- The management of diabetic ketoacidosis at a rural regional hospital in KwaZulu-Natal.
- Income Relates to Adherence in Youth with Type 1 Diabetes Through Parenting Constructs.
16 May 2018
- The glycaemic benefits of a very-low-carbohydrate ketogenic diet in adults with Type 1 diabetes mellitus may be opposed by increased hypoglycaemia risk and dyslipidaemia.
- Comparison between preprandial versus postprandial insulin aspart administration in patients with Type 1 Diabetes benefiting from insulin pump and Real-Time Continuous Glucose Monitoring.
- Evaluating the cost-effectiveness of insulin detemir versus neutral protamine Hagedorn insulin in patients with type 1 or type 2 diabetes in the UK using a short-term modeling approach.
- Glycemic Control in Adult Type 1 Diabetes Patients with Insulin Glargine, Insulin Detemir, or Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion in Daily Practice.
- Health Care Costs, Hospital Admissions, and Glycemic Control Using a Standalone, Real-Time, Continuous Glucose Monitoring System in Commercially Insured Patients With Type 1 Diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Cost-effectiveness of sensor-augmented pump therapy in two different patient populations with type 1 diabetes in Italy.
- Metabolic risk factors in adolescent girls with type 1 diabetes.
- Association of hypoglycaemia and cardiac arrhythmia risk in patients with diabetes mellitus: A systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Social Determinants of Health Are Associated with Markers of Renal Injury in Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes.
9 May 2018
- Real-world crude incidence of hypoglycemia in adults with diabetes: Results of the InHypo-DM Study, Canada. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Management of Type 1 Diabetes With a Very Low–Carbohydrate Diet. Free full text available in PDF format. See also Very-low-carb diet shows promise in type 1 diabetes, Study Investigates Very Low-Carb Diets for Type 1 Diabetes, and How a Low-Carb Diet Might Aid People With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Baseline Psychosocial Characteristics Predict Frequency of Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Youth with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Web-Based Intervention for Women With Type 1 Diabetes in Pregnancy and Early Motherhood: Critical Analysis of Adherence to Technological Elements and Study Design. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
2 May 2018
- Beyond HbA1c: Comparing Glycemic Variability and Glycemic Indices in Predicting Hypoglycemia in Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes.
- Pharmacological Treatment in Diabetes Mellitus Type 1 – Insulin and What Else? Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Cost-Effectiveness of Insulin Degludec Versus Insulin Glargine U100 in Patients with Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus in Serbia.
- Accuracy of Automatic Carbohydrate, Protein, Fat and Calorie Counting Based on Voice Descriptions of Meals in People with Type 1 Diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Transition to adult diabetes care in Germany - high risk for acute complications and declining metabolic control during the transition phase.
- Can trajectories of glycemic control be predicted by depression, anxiety, or diabetes-related distress in a prospective cohort of adults with newly diagnosed type 1 diabetes? Results of a five-year follow-up from the German Multicenter Diabetes Cohort Study (GMDC-Study).
- Young people's experiences of managing Type 1 diabetes at university: a national study of UK university students.
- Oral Health of Portuguese Children with Type 1 Diabetes: A Multiparametric Evaluation..
- Mortality in youth-onset type 1 and type 2 diabetes: The SEARCH for Diabetes in Youth study.
- Mortality risk is still higher in people with type 1 diabetes: a population-based cohort study (The Ayrshirre Diabetes fOllow-up Cohort (ADOC) study).
25 April 2018
- Stigma and Its Association With Glycemic Control and Hypoglycemia in Adolescents and Young Adults With Type 1 Diabetes: Cross-Sectional Study. Free full text available in HTML format.
- Economic Value of Improved Accuracy for Self-Monitoring of Blood Glucose Devices for Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes in England.
- CGM lends long-term cost savings in type 1 diabetes.
- CoYoT1 Clinic: Home Telemedicine Increases Young Adult Engagement in Diabetes Care.
- Successful pregnancy and delivery after simultaneous islet-kidney transplantation.
18 April 2018
- Impact of childhood type 1 diabetes on maternal work-family relations.
- Sustained Reduction in Severe Hypoglycemia in Adults With Type 1 Diabetes Complicated by Impaired Awareness of Hypoglycemia: 2-Year Follow-up in the HypoCOMPaSS Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Risk of ketoacidosis in children at the time of diabetes mellitus diagnosis by primary caregiver status: a population-based retrospective cohort study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats. See also Diabetic ketoacidosis at the onset of Type 1 diabetes in young children Is it time to launch a tailored campaign for DKA prevention in children <5 years?
- Gastric Emptying Impacts the Timing of Meal Glucose Peak on Subjects with Uncomplicated Type 1 Diabetes.
- Cost-effectiveness of Continuous Glucose Monitoring for Adults With Type 1 Diabetes Compared With Self-Monitoring of Blood Glucose: the DIAMOND Randomized Trial See also CGM With Insulin Injections Could Be Cost-Effective in Diabetes (Free Medscape membership required) and Continuous glucose monitors proven cost-effective, add to quality of life for diabetics.
- Long-acting insulin analogues for type 1 diabetes: An overview of systematic reviews and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Efficacy of Growth Hormone Treatment in Children with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus and Growth Hormone Deficiency-An Analysis of KIGS Data.
- Efficacy and Safety of MYL-1501D Versus Insulin Glargine in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes After 52 Weeks: Results of the Phase 3 INSTRIDE 1 Study.
4 April 2018
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring Associated With Less Diabetes-Specific Emotional Distress and Lower A1c Among Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes.
- A Randomized Clinical Trial of the Effect of Continuous Glucose Monitoring on Nocturnal Hypoglycemia, Daytime Hypoglycemia, Glycemic Variability, and Hypoglycemia Confidence in Persons with Type 1 Diabetes Treated with Multiple Daily Insulin Injections (GOLD-3).
- Evaluation of the FreeStyle® Libre Flash Glucose Monitoring System in Children and Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Metabolic Control of Type 1 Diabetes in Youth with Autism Spectrum Disorder: a Multicenter DPV analysis based on 61,749 patients up to 20 years of age.
- Mental health visits and low socio-economic status in adolescence are associated with complications of Type 1 diabetes in early adulthood: A population-based cohort study.
- Avoidant coping moderates the relationship between paternal involvement in the child's type 1 diabetes (T1D) care and parenting stress.
- A call for inclusion of work-related diabetes distress in the spectrum of diabetes management: Results from a cross-sectional survey among working people with type 1 diabetes.
- Evaluation of a Diabetes Coach Program Aimed to Improve the Care of Children and Youth With Type 1 Diabetes and With Compromised Control.
28 March 2018
- Glycemic extremes are related to cognitive dysfunction in children with type 1 diabetes: A meta-analysis.
- Effect of Insulin Analogs on Frequency of Non-Severe Hypoglycemia in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes Prone to Severe Hypoglycemia: Much Higher Rates Detected by Continuous Glucose Monitoring than by Self-Monitoring of Blood Glucose-The HypoAna Trial.
- Suboptimal behaviour and knowledge regarding overnight glycaemia in adults with Type 1 diabetes is common.
- Association Between Self-reported Physical Activity and Skin Autofluorescence, a Marker of Tissue Accumulation of Advanced Glycation End Products in Adults With Type 1 Diabetes: A Cross-sectional Study.
- The clinician factor: Personality characteristics of clinicians and their impact upon clinical outcomes in the management of children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Adult care providers' perspectives on the transition to adult care for emerging adults with Type 1 diabetes: a cross-sectional survey.
- Structured education using Dose Adjustment for Normal Eating (DAFNE) reduces long-term HbA1c and HbA1c variability.
- Early glycaemic control for maintaining visual function in type 1 diabetes: The Oulu cohort study of diabetic retinopathy.
21 March 2018
- Continuous Monitoring of Glucose for Type 1 Diabetes: A Health Technology Assessment. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Human Factors and Data Logging Processes With the Use of Advanced Technology for Adults With Type 1 Diabetes: Systematic Integrative Review. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Health outcomes for youth with type 1 diabetes at 18 months and 30 months post transition from pediatric to adult care.
- Efficacy of dapagliflozin as an adjunct therapy in patients with inadequately controlled type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Effectiveness of continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion pump therapy during five years of treatment on metabolic control in children and adolescents with Type 1 diabetes mellitus. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion versus multiple daily injections in pregnant women with type 1 diabetes mellitus - a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials and observational studies.
- The diabetes online community: Older adults supporting self-care through peer health.
- Diabetes-specific family conflict: Informant discrepancies and the impact of parental factors.
- Factors Associated with Suicidal Ideation and Quality of Life in Adolescents from Puerto Rico with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Premarriage Counseling in Type 1 Diabetes. Free full text available in HTML format.
14 March 2018
- The influence of food order on postprandial glucose levels in children with type 1 diabetes.
- Accuracy of Continuous Glucose Monitoring before, during, and after Aerobic and Anaerobic Exercise in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Day-and-Night Closed-Loop Insulin Delivery in a Broad Population of Pregnant Women With Type 1 Diabetes: A Randomized Controlled Crossover Trial.
- Treating Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus with a Rapid-Acting Analog Insulin Regimen vs. Regular Human Insulin in Germany: A Long-Term Cost-Effectiveness Evaluation.
- Perspectives of Patients with Insulin-Treated Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes on Hypoglycemia: Results of the HAT Observational Study in Central and Eastern European Countries.
- Incidence of Diabetic Ketoacidosis of New-Onset Type 1 Diabetes in Children and Adolescents in Different Countries Correlates with Human Development Index (HDI): An Updated Systematic Review, Meta-Analysis, and Meta-Regression.
7 March 2018
- Real-World Use of Open Source Artificial Pancreas Systems. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Greater early postprandial suppression of endogenous glucose production and higher initial glucose disappearance is achieved with fast-acting insulin aspart compared to insulin aspart.
- Automatic Adaptation of Basal Insulin Using Sensor-Augmented Pump Therapy.
- Effect of Automated Bolus Calculation on Glucose Variability and Quality of Life in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes on CSII Treatment.
- Racial/Ethnic Minority Youth With Recent-Onset Type 1 Diabetes Have Poor Prognostic Factors.
- Young children with type 1 diabetes can achieve glycemic targets without hypoglycemia: Results of a novel intensive diabetes management program.
- Advancing diabetes management in adolescents: Comparative effectiveness of mobile self-monitoring blood glucose technology and family-centered goal setting.
- "KiDS and Diabetes in Schools" project: Experience with an international educational intervention among parents and school professionals.
- Severe hypoglycemia and diabetic ketoacidosis in young persons with preschool onset of type 1 diabetes mellitus: An analysis of three nationwide population-based surveys.
- Association between habitual coffee consumption and metabolic syndrome in type 1 diabetes.
- Diabetic ketoacidosis incidence in children at first presentation of type 1 diabetes at an Australian regional hospital: the effect of health professional education.
- CGM Cuts Hypoglycemia in At-Risk Type 1 Diabetes Patients. (Free Medscape membership required)
28 February 2018
- Real-time continuous glucose monitoring in adults with type 1 diabetes and impaired hypoglycaemia awareness or severe hypoglycaemia treated with multiple daily insulin injections (HypoDE): a multicentre, randomised controlled trial.
- Patients' and caregivers' experiences of using continuous glucose monitoring to support diabetes self-management: qualitative study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Clinically meaningful and lasting HbA1c improvement rarely occurs after 5 years of type 1 diabetes: an argument for early, targeted and aggressive intervention following diagnosis.
- Impact of type 1 diabetes on maternal long-term risk of hospitalisation and mortality: a nationwide combined clinical and register-based cohort study (The EPICOM study).
- Association between depressive symptoms and dietary intake in patients with type 1 diabetes.
- Inverse association of insulin antibody levels with insulin sensitivity in adults with Type 1 diabetes.
- Basal Insulin Regimens for Adults with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: A Systematic Review and Network Meta-Analysis.
- Intensive remote monitoring versus conventional care in type 1 diabetes: A randomized controlled trial.
- Factitious hypoglycemia in children and adolescents with diabetes.
21 February 2018
- Growth Trajectory in Children with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: The Impact of Insulin Treatment and Metabolic Control.
- Long-term Study of Tubeless Insulin Pump Therapy Compared to Multiple Daily Injections in Youth with Type 1 Diabetes: Data from the German/Austrian DPV-Registry.
- Gender-differences in glycemic control and diabetes related factors in young adults with type 1 diabetes: results from the METRO study.
- Sodium-glucose co-transporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibitors as add-on therapy to insulin for type 1 diabetes mellitus: Systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.
- Preconception Counseling for Adolescents and Young Adults with Diabetes: a Literature Review of the Past 10 Years.
- Are All Patients With Type 1 Diabetes Destined for Dialysis if They Live Long Enough? Probably Not. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Low Incidence of End-Stage Renal Disease in Childhood-Onset Type 1 Diabetes Followed for Up to 42 Years. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Incidence of End-Stage Renal Disease in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Cumulative Kidney Complication Risk by 50 Years of Type 1 Diabetes: The Effects of Sex, Age, and Calendar Year at Onset.
- Effects of residential summer camp on body mass index and body composition in type 1 diabetes.
14 February 2018
- A physical activity intervention for children with type 1 diabetes- steps to active kids with diabetes (STAK-D): a feasibility study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Fear of hypoglycaemia and its relation to hypoglycaemia awareness and symptom intensity in Type 1 diabetes.
- Food Insecurity is Associated with High Risk Glycemic Control and Higher Health Care Utilization among Youth and Young Adults with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Cost calculation for a flash glucose monitoring system for UK adults with type 1 diabetes mellitus receiving intensive insulin treatment.
- Impact of Insulin Delivery Method on Hypoglycemia Incidence in Pediatric Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus Patients. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Oral contraception in adolescents with type 1 diabetes and its association with cardiovascular risk factors. A multicentre DPV study on 24,011 patients from Germany, Austria, or Luxembourg.
7 February 2018
- Hypoglycemia unawareness in type 1 diabetes suppresses brain responses to hypoglycemia. Free full text available in PDF format. See also Brain scans show why some type 1 diabetics miss low blood sugar cues.
- Mindfulness and fear of hypoglycaemia in parents of children with Type 1 diabetes: results from the Diabetes MILES Youth - The Netherlands dataset.
- Preferences for treatment among adolescents with Type 1 diabetes: a national study using a discrete choice experiment model.
- Sleep in Type 1 Diabetes: Implications for Glycemic Control and Diabetes Management.
- Management of Hypertension and High Low-Density Lipoprotein in Pediatric Type 1 Diabetes.
- Picky Eaters Improved Diet Quality in a Randomized Behavioral Intervention Trial in Youth with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Glucagon treatment in type 1 diabetes - with focus on restoring plasma glucose during mild hypoglycemia.
- Trends in Hospital Admission for Diabetic Ketoacidosis in Adults With Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes in England, 1998â€“2013: A Retrospective Cohort Study.
- Body mass index as a risk factor for coronary events and mortality in patients with type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Higher body mass index predicts cardiac autonomic dysfunction: A longitudinal study in adolescent type 1 diabetes.
- Making Smart Food Choices With T1D - Going Beyond Recommended Guidelines.
31 January 2018
- Parental Diabetes Behaviors and Distress Are Related to Glycemic Control in Youth with Type 1 Diabetes: Longitudinal Data from the DINO Study.
- Trajectories of Acute Diabetes-Specific Stress in Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes and Their Caregivers Within the First Year of Diagnosis.
- Flash forward: a review of flash glucose monitoring.
- Safety of Insulin Lispro and a Biosimilar Insulin Lispro When Administered Through an Insulin Pump.
- Disordered Eating Behaviors Are Not Increased by an Intervention to Improve Diet Quality but Are Associated With Poorer Glycemic Control Among Youth With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Carbohydrate Counting in Children and Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Attitudes and barriers to exercise in adults with a recent diagnosis of type 1 diabetes: a qualitative study of participants in the Exercise for Type 1 Diabetes (EXTOD) study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Assessing the economic value of maintained improvements in Type 1 diabetes management, in terms of HbA1c , weight and hypoglycaemic event incidence.
- Telemedicine in the Management of Type 1 Diabetes.
- Teachers' attitudes and perceptions about preparation of public schools to assist students with type 1 diabetes [in Spain].
24 January 2018
- A Practical Approach to Using Trend Arrows on the Dexcom G5 CGM System to Manage Children and Adolescents With Diabetes. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Effects of Preceding Ethanol Intake on Glucose Response to Low-Dose Glucagon in Individuals With Type 1 Diabetes: A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Crossover Study.
- Rapid-acting and Regular Insulin are Equal for High Fat-Protein Meal in Individuals with Type 1 Diabetes Treated with Multiple Daily Injections.
- Continuous glucose monitoring in pregnant women with Type 1 diabetes: benefits for mothers, using pumps or pens, and their babies.
- Interstitial Glucose and Physical Exercise in Type 1 Diabetes: Integrative Physiology, Technology, and the Gap In-Between. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Effect of Continuous Glucose Monitoring on Glycemic Control, Acute Admissions and Quality of Life: A Real-World Study.
- Lived Experiences of Mothers with Diabetic Children from the Transfer of Caring Role. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The role of hypoglycemia in the burden of living with diabetes among adults with diabetes and family members: results from the DAWN2 study in The Netherlands. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Do Adolescents with T1DM Differ from Their Peers in Health, Eating Habits and Social Support?
- A qualitative interview study of people living with well-controlled Type 1 diabetes.
- The effects of metformin in type 1 diabetes mellitus. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Effect of Metformin on Glycemic Control in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes: A Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials.
- Direct and indirect health economic impact of hypoglycaemia in a global population of patients with insulin-treated diabetes.
- Effectiveness of a tailored medical support to overcome the barriers to education, treatment and good metabolic control in children with type-1 diabetes from ethnic minorities.
- Anti-Insulin Antibodies and Adverse Events with Biosimilar Insulin Lispro Compared with Humalog Insulin Lispro in People with Diabetes.
- Diabetes technology: improving care, improving patient-reported outcomes and preventing complications in young people with Type 1 diabetes.
- Survey on diabetic patients treated with insulin during the fasting month of Ramadan.
17 January 2018
- Risk of Infection in Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes Compared With the General Population: A Matched Cohort Study.
- Concealment of type 1 diabetes at work in Finland: a mixed-method study. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Motivations for Participation in an Online Social Media Community for Diabetes.
- Unexpected Management Behaviors in Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes Using Sensor-Augmented Pump Therapy.
- Improving the Care of Youth With Type 1 Diabetes With a Novel Medical-Legal Community Intervention: The Diabetes Community Care Ambassador Program.
- Effects of the dietary approaches to stop hypertension (DASH) diet on glucose variability in youth with Type 1 diabetes.
- Efficacy of automatic bolus calculator with automatic speech recognition in patients with type 1 diabetes: a randomized crossover trial.
- Safety and Efficacy of Sodium-Glucose Cotransporter 2 (SGLT2) Inhibitors in Type 1 Diabetes: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.
- Ovarian markers and irregular menses among women with type 1 diabetes in the Epidemiology of Diabetes Interventions and Complications study.
10 January 2018
- Insulin Concentration in Vials Randomly Purchased in Pharmacies in the United States: Considerable Loss in the Cold Supply Chain.
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis Severity at Diagnosis and Glycaemic Control in the First Year of Childhood Onset Type 1 Diabetes-A Longitudinal Cohort Study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The Effects of Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion Versus Multiple Insulin Injections on Glucose Variability in Young Adults with Type 1 Diabetes: The 2-Year Follow-Up of the Observational METRO Study.
- Safe Completion of a Trail Running Ultramarathon by Four Men with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Cardiovascular autonomic neuropathy in adolescents and young adults with type 1 and type 2 diabetes: The SEARCH for Diabetes in Youth Cohort Study.
- Influence of socioeconomic and psychological factors in glycemic control in young children with type 1 diabetes mellitus. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
3 January 2018
- Weight-based carbohydrate treatment of hypoglycaemia in people with Type 1 diabetes using insulin pump therapy: a randomized crossover clinical trial.
- A national survey on the efficacy and safety of continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion in patients with type 1 diabetes in Spain.
[ Current Daily Care News | News from 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Wednesday June 20, 2018 15:24:04
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.