Legislative and Legal News from 2007
11 November 2007
- Family outraged by diabetic man's death in Ramsey County jail. See also Ramsey Co. inmate's parents plan wrongful-death lawsuit.
21 October 2007
- The American Nurses Association, ANA/California File Lawsuit Against The California Department Of Education to stop anyone except nurses from administering insulin in schools.
14 October 2007
- Bills would help control diabetes.
30 September 2007
- California School Nurse Associations Jeopardize Diabetes Care Ruling.
2 September 2007
- Conviction in counterfeit test strip case.
12 August 2007
- Historic Agreement Reached Regarding Diabetes Care in California Public Schools. See also ADA Settles Lawsuit Involving Care of Students with Diabetes in California Schools, Children With Diabetes Win Assurance Of Legally-required Services At School; California Department of Education & American Diabetes Association Announce Agreement on In-School Care for Such Students, Schools to provide aid to diabetics, Settlement entitles California's diabetic kids to care at school, Diabetics win care at schools, and Calif. schools required to give medical help to kids with diabetes.
3 June 2007
- Mr. Universe beats rap; Bodybuilder was suffering from insulin shock during cop brawl.
- American Diabetes Association: Diabetes Management in Schools Act Will Help Ensure Oklahoma Students with Diabetes Are Safe at School.
27 May 2007
- Legal Victory for Families of Disabled Students has relevance for families of kids with diabetes.
8 April 2007
- 'No brainer' still finds opposition is about efforts to pass a bill in Rhode Island to allow non-medical personnel to inject glucagon at schools. Free registration required.
- Diabetes focus of lawsuit.
25 March 2007
- Diabetics lobby for lifesaving-injection bill.
- F.D.A. Limits Role of Advisers Tied to Industry.
18 March 2007
- Editorial: Easing burden on diabetic drivers.
4 March 2007
- Ousted school aide back at old job.
18 February 2007
- Fired aide's backers pack Zeeland board meeting.
4 February 2007
- Teacher's Aide says Insulin Injection Training not Adequate.
28 January 2007
- Talkback Responses: Zeeland school aide fired offers responses from the community about a school aide who was fired for refusing to give insulin injections.
21 January 2007
- School aide won't give insulin shots -- she's fired. See also Who should be giving those shots?, Principal's Aide is fired for refusing to take medical training, and a video about the story.
[ Current Legislative and Legal News | News from 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
Last Updated: Thursday January 01, 2015 15:28:58
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.