Legislative and Legal News from 2016
28 December 2016
- US Spending on Personal Health Care and Public Health, 1996-2013.
14 December 2016
- Among Low-Income Respondents With Diabetes, High-Deductible Versus No-Deductible Insurance Sharply Reduces Medical Service Use.
- Some people spend as much on insulin as their mortgage â€” and drugmakers are taking note.
7 December 2016
- On Pharma and Employers in the Insulin Affordability Crisis.
- Novo Nordisk offers "Our Position on Pricing and Affordability".
30 November 2016
- A Sick Calculation About Prescription Drugs.
- Insulin prices skyrocket, putting many diabetics in a bind.
- National Meeting Addresses Insulin Affordability and Access (!).
- Are PBMs Driving Up The Price of Insulin?
23 November 2016
- American Diabetes Association calls on Congress to hold hearings on insulin prices. See also American Diabetes Association Board of Directors' Resolution: Insulin Affordability.
16 November 2016
- Protest against Prince William Co. Schools handling of students with diabetes.
9 November 2016
- Bernie Sanders calls for federal investigation of insulin makers for price collusion. Be sure to read Senator Sanders' letter. See also How Has the High Price of Insulin and Other Diabetes Medications Impacted You? (on the official Bernie Sanders web site), Diabetes Patients Struggle as Insulin Costs Soar, and Sanders, Cummings Ask Justice Department to Investigate Insulin Prices.
12 October 2016
- Are Utah schools violating diabetic students' rights?
- Diabetes policy needed in P.E.I. schools, association says.
5 October 2016
- Feds probe schools' handling of diabetic kid.
28 September 2016
- Major victory as disability living allowance guidance changed (in the UK).
31 August 2016
- New law allows non-nurses to administer insulin to diabetic students.
3 August 2016
- Changes stem from lawsuit involving YMCA inclusion of Raleigh boy with diabetes.
- Success for family campaigning after insulin pump airport ordeal.
27 July 2016
- Lawsuit Accuses U.S. Army of Denying Diabetes Treatment for Children on Army Bases.
13 July 2016
- Rep. Guice meets with mom of diabetic child. See also Guice, diabetes mom meet face to face at Capitol and State legislator riles up 'army of fierce moms' with diabetes comment.
29 June 2016
- Mississippi State Representative offers jaw-dropping response to diabetic child's mother. See also State representative to mom: Buy your own meds, Mississippi lawmaker to voter: 'I could care less', Guice probably wishes he hadnâ€™t hit the send button, Lawmaker's response to mom of diabetic child sparks outrage.
8 June 2016
- Substandard Type 1 Diabetes Care in Utah School Alleged.
25 May 2016
- Philadelphia-area YMCA settles a discrimination case involving child with diabetes. See also Justice Department Reaches Agreement with Philadelphia-Area YMCA to Ensure Equal Opportunities for Children with Diabetes and Justice Department Reaches Agreement with a Texas YMCA to Ensure Equal Opportunities for Children with Diabetes.
18 May 2016
- Some Summer Camps Rejecting Diabetic Children.
11 May 2016
- Investigation: Park City School District discriminated against diabetic student.
16 March 2016
- Senator Roth's Measure to Raise Awareness of Type 1 Diabetes Approved by State Senate.
9 March 2016
- Reegan's Rule celebrated.
3 February 2016
- Private School Expels Child With Type 1.
27 January 2016
- Raise awareness of the symptoms of Type 1 diabetes in the UK.
- Diabetic's mom seeks ruling against school.
Current Legislative and Legal News |
Last Updated: Monday January 02, 2017 14:21:48
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.