Legislative and Legal News from 2018
16 May 2018
- Senate Hearing on Insulin Pricing. See also Congress Investigating Expensive Insulin–You Can Help by Signing Petition.
9 May 2018
- Cost of Insulin for 13-Year-Old New Gloucester Boy More Than Triples Overnight.
- Va. Company Sold Poorly Trained Diabetic Alert Dogs: Lawsuit.
2 May 2018
- Mississippi Man Blames Medtronic MiniMed for His Wife’s Death.
18 April 2018
- Thanks, Sen. Hatch, for all your work on the Special Diabetes Program.
4 April 2018
- Why We Should Prioritize Access-related Advocacy.
28 March 2018
- Diabetes Discrimination at Child Care Centers Gets Slapped.
- Out-of-Pocket Costs for Insulin Are a Problem. Litigants in Case Disagree on Who Is at Fault.
21 March 2018
- DPAC helps explain the FDA Drug Approval Process.
14 March 2018
- Medicare should permit its beneficiaries who use continuous glucose monitoring to view the readings on their smartphone.
- Working Group Airs Concerns about Access to Diabetes Care.
- The De-List: How Formulary Exclusion Lists Deny Patients Access to Essential Care. (PDF)
7 March 2018
- Drug transparency bill ignores role of insurers.
- EMA Accepts Regulatory Submission for Forxiga in Adults with Type-1 Diabetes.
28 February 2018
- Emergency Prescription Refill Bill Signed Into Law.
- Injections a sticking point in schools for students with diabetes.
14 February 2018
- CNN Exclusive: California launches investigation following stunning admission by Aetna medical director.
7 February 2018
- Combating Type 1 diabetes requires long-term funding. See also Congress needs to finish the job and renew the Special Diabetes Program.
- Medtronic Fails to Quash Claims Over Teenâ€™s Diabetic Shock.
31 January 2018
- Diabetes research at risk due to funding lapse, groups warn.
24 January 2018
- How Insulin Became Unaffordable.
17 January 2018
- Colorado state representative introduces new legislation aimed at making insulin pricing more transparent.
10 January 2018
- State Rep. Dylan Roberts plans to introduce bill to bring transparency to insulin prices in Colorado.
- Diabetes Shouldnâ€™t Bankrupt You.
- Parents agonize over their kids' health as funding for children's insurance program remains in doubt.
Current Legislative and Legal News |
Last Updated: Wednesday June 13, 2018 15:53:10
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.