Legislative and Legal News from 2018
5 December 2018
Cost-Related Insulin Underuse Among Patients With Diabetes.
Quarter of Insulin Users Skimp Because of Cost: Study Published.
When High Prices Mean Needless Death.
One in four patients say they've skimped on insulin because of high cost.
Insulin Quest: When Lifesaving Drugs Are Out of Reach. See also The Truth About Human Insulin.
High cost has many diabetics cutting back on insulin.
SC patients, families struggling with diabetes hit hard with rising insulin costs.
28 November 2018
- Estimating the Real-World Cost of Diabetes Mellitus in the United States During an 8-Year Period Using 2 Cost Methodologies. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
21 November 2018
- Parents sue over state directive to school nurses on insulin dosing.
- Protesters at Sanofi in Cambridge decry high price of insulin.
7 November 2018
- Congressional report says insulin market benefits drugmakers and insurers, not patients. You can download the full report. See also Congressional Diabetes Caucus Releases Report on Insulin.
- Increasing Insulin Affordability: An Endocrine Society Position Statement. (PDF)
- Supply chain transparency needed to combat soaring insulin costs.
- Some Patients With Diabetes Turning To Black Market For Insulin.
31 October 2018
- Physicians group urges FTC to monitor insulin pricing.
- To fight high drug prices, Utah will pay for public employees to go fill prescriptions in Mexico.
19 October 2018
- Minnesota Attorney General Lori Swanson sues insulin makers.
3 October 2018
- ADA Settlement with KinderCare Ensures Access to Child Care Programs for Children with Diabetes.
- Your child has type 1 diabetes, and the school won't enroll her.
26 September 2018
- Kentuckyâ€™s Diabetes Emergency Task Force Holds First Meeting.
- Insulin prices could be much lower and drug makers would still make healthy profits.
19 September 2018
- Beyond the Books: Parents plan to sue district in battle over accommodating diabetic son.
12 September 2018
- While not specifically related to diabetes, The Secret Drug Pricing System Middlemen Use to Rake in Millions explores the impact of Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs) on drug pricing.
22 August 2018
- Why a patient paid a $285 copay for a $40 drug.
- Americans rationing insulin as prices skyrocket.
15 August 2018
- Biosimilars for insulin: a cost-saving alternative? Free full text available in PDF format with registration.
- Mom Fighting to Save Daughter: Big Pharma Canâ€™t Hold You Hostage.
8 August 2018
- JDRF response to UK Governmentâ€™s reassurances on insulin supplies during European Union exit.
- Spending On Prescription Drugs In The US: Where Does All The Money Go?
- Q&A: What's behind the growing scrutiny of insulin prices?
- Family fighting high cost of insulin.
- Kansas City college student describes the copay that almost killed her.
- Spiking Insulin Costs Put Patients in Brutal Bind.
25 July 2018
- Senator Collins Receives Trailblazer Award from JDRF.
27 June 2018
- Skyrocketing insulin prices provoke new outrage.
- The Insulin-Pricing Machine.
20 June 2018
- Patient Groups: Uphold Health Care Law As Congress Intended.
- High insulin costs have diabetes patients, doctors scrambling for answers.
- AMA Urges Federal Action to Respond to Insulin Price Hikes.
- Federal Intervention Needed on Insulin Prices.
- $344,000 paid in central Arkansas jail-death suit.
16 May 2018
- Senate Hearing on Insulin Pricing. See also Congress Investigating Expensive Insulinâ€“You Can Help by Signing Petition.
9 May 2018
- Cost of Insulin for 13-Year-Old New Gloucester Boy More Than Triples Overnight.
- Va. Company Sold Poorly Trained Diabetic Alert Dogs: Lawsuit.
2 May 2018
- Mississippi Man Blames Medtronic MiniMed for His Wifeâ€™s Death.
18 April 2018
- Thanks, Sen. Hatch, for all your work on the Special Diabetes Program.
4 April 2018
- Why We Should Prioritize Access-related Advocacy.
28 March 2018
- Diabetes Discrimination at Child Care Centers Gets Slapped.
- Out-of-Pocket Costs for Insulin Are a Problem. Litigants in Case Disagree on Who Is at Fault.
21 March 2018
- DPAC helps explain the FDA Drug Approval Process.
14 March 2018
- Medicare should permit its beneficiaries who use continuous glucose monitoring to view the readings on their smartphone.
- Working Group Airs Concerns about Access to Diabetes Care.
- The De-List: How Formulary Exclusion Lists Deny Patients Access to Essential Care. (PDF)
7 March 2018
- Drug transparency bill ignores role of insurers.
- EMA Accepts Regulatory Submission for Forxiga in Adults with Type-1 Diabetes.
28 February 2018
- Emergency Prescription Refill Bill Signed Into Law.
- Injections a sticking point in schools for students with diabetes.
14 February 2018
- CNN Exclusive: California launches investigation following stunning admission by Aetna medical director.
7 February 2018
- Combating Type 1 diabetes requires long-term funding. See also Congress needs to finish the job and renew the Special Diabetes Program.
- Medtronic Fails to Quash Claims Over TeenĂ˘â‚¬â„˘s Diabetic Shock.
31 January 2018
- Diabetes research at risk due to funding lapse, groups warn.
24 January 2018
- How Insulin Became Unaffordable.
17 January 2018
- Colorado state representative introduces new legislation aimed at making insulin pricing more transparent.
10 January 2018
- State Rep. Dylan Roberts plans to introduce bill to bring transparency to insulin prices in Colorado.
- Diabetes ShouldnĂ˘â‚¬â„˘t Bankrupt You.
- Parents agonize over their kids' health as funding for children's insurance program remains in doubt.
Current Legislative and Legal News |
Last Updated: Wednesday December 05, 2018 18:32:14
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.