Diabetes News in the Popular Press from 2016
28 December 2016
- Soaring insulin prices prompt insurance shift.
- Opinion: Medicare should cover cost of Omnipod insulin device.
- FDA OK's new diabetes device that aims to simplify daily testing, dosing.
- Virginia Beach woman tests artificial pancreas in study that could help millions of type 1 diabetics.
- Local mom becomes advocate to warn of undiagnosed Type 1 diabetes.
- La Crescent student may write the book on handling adversity.
- Diabetes costing Americans more than any other disease.
- Va. service dog organization owner held in contempt of court.
21 December 2016
- ETSU doctor studies reliability of diabetes alert dogs.
- Bionic pancreas system manages blood sugar levels in patients with type 1 diabetes living at home.
- Were Pet Owners Scammed Out Of Thousands Of Dollars By A Service Dog Company? (Click on video links to view segments from the show.)
- Irish mum with two diabetic kids urges parents to know the symptoms.
14 December 2016
- Ed Damiano: WebMD's 2016 Health Hero.
- The Interesting Way Alan Thicke Helped With Juvenile Diabetes, Because His Legacy Lives On.
- Scottish diabetes equipment funding increase.
- Lower-Cost Canadian Health Care as Good as U.S.âs for Low-Income Kids with Diabetes.
- Challenges, misconceptions abound for kids with T1 diabetes.
- Why diabetes patients canât buy generic insulin.
- 'It Was a Weird and Dark Place': How Women with Diabulimia Dice with Death.
7 December 2016
- When it's not just the flu: Kids with Type 1 diabetes often misdiagnosed due to the rapid onset of common symptoms.
- Richard Goyder and Ian Narev's pursuit of a type 1 diabetes cure.
- Type 1 Inspiration: A Diabetes Diagnosis Didn't Stop This Girl.
- Type A Personality, Type 1 Diabetes â A Studentâs Perspective.
- Whatâs Your Type: Diabetes Awareness.
- Global aid programme expands to provide poor children with free type 1 diabetes care.
- One in five Australians with type 1 diabetes is hypo-unaware, study finds.
- Public, professional education needed about type 1 diabetes symptoms.
30 November 2016
- Holcombe doesn't let diabetes hold him back.
- Hunter Norment perseveres through Type 1 diabetes.
- Family shares message of diabetes diagnosis and prevention.
- 10 injections a day: How a Waycross child lives with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Tech freshman educates others on living with diabetes.
- How to help your child manage their diabetes.
23 November 2016
- When it's not just the flu: Kids with Type 1 diabetes often misdiagnosed due to the rapid onset of common symptoms.
- How to speak to someone living with diabetes, without being rude.
- NASCAR racer driven to win despite Type 1 Diabetes.
- Reds' All-Star powering through Type 1 diabetes.
- Fellow diabetics help boyâs cycling dream.
- How to help your child manage their diabetes.
- Type 1 diabetes diagnosis alters lifeâs journey.
- Addie Hilger: Weâre not going to let diabetes stop us.
- A family affected by type 1 diabetes doesnât let the disease stand in their way.
- A type one diabetic shares his top to-know list for living with the disease.
- Local families face silent struggle.
- High School Football Player Raising Type 1 Diabetes Awareness Both On and Off the Field.
- Incredible toddler saved daddy's life by force-feeding him Muller Crunch Corner yoghurts.
16 November 2016
- Why does Insulin keep getting more expensive?
- Who was Sir Frederick Banting and how did he discover that insulin could treat diabetes?
- When social stigma is nearly as damaging as diabetes.
- "You can still live your dream": IndyCar driver Charlie Kimball discusses his life with diabetes.
- Siblings both diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Why living with diabetes has meant âeverythingâ to Matthew Jordan.
- Combating misconceptions and raising awareness about living with Type 1 diabetes.
- Camp Helps, Bonds Families Dealing with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Managing type 1 diabetes is 'essentially my day job'.
- Living With Type 1 Diabetes Is A Luxury - And It Shouldnât Be.
- Health Buzz: Derek Theler Talks Type 1 Diabetes.
- Teen in trouble over diabetes awareness shirt.
- Diabetes is no longer a rich-world disease.
- UF Diabetes: The next generation.
9 November 2016
- Why I Care: Kimball uses racing as platform to inspire diabetics.
- RaeLynn talks diabetes Saturday at the MAC.
- What I learned about Type 1 diabetes.
- Kid Captain: Love of animals, love of Hawkeyes.
2 November 2016
- Why treating diabetes keeps getting more expensive. See also Why hoarding insulin has become a way of life for this Type 1 diabetes patient.
- Bernie Sanders is going after insulin makers over price hikes.
- Camilla praises Theresa May for speaking out about her diabetes.
- Living with Type 1 Diabetes in Haddam.
- Eric Churchâs Foundation Donates $1 Million to Combat Diabetes.
- Diabetes can't slow down 9-year-old top-ranked pitcher's blazing fastball.
- Six years into my battle: Reflections on life with Type 1 diabetes.
- 'Diabulimia': Type 1 diabetics restricting insulin to lose weight need to be taken seriously, experts say.
- 'Diabetic children need more help in school' say team from Oxford's John Radcliffe Hospital.
- A wet, yet worthy, walk to battle Type 1 diabetes.
25 October 2016
- Jay teachers' intuition leads to juvenile diabetes diagnosis.
- We finally have an âartificial pancreasâ for diabetics. But it's a letdown.
- UW students start first type 1 diabetic support group on campus.
- Carnegie Mellonâs Sam Benger balances football, diabetes.
- Against all odds, Wampum woman survives for a half century with Type 1 diabetes.
- New Beaver woman recognized for 50 years with Type I diabetes.
- Lake students tackle larger mission with National Honor Society project.
- Long time diabetic frustrated over rising insulin costs. See also Diabetes patients see insulin price skyrocket.
- New type of insulin reports on Afrezza.
19 October 2016
- The insulin market is heading for a shakeup. But patients may not benefit.
- Eric Paslay Welcomes Pediatric Diabetes Patients Backstage at His Boston Concert.
- For Sounders forward Jordan Morris, diabetes has shaped him into the player he is today.
- Parents express Type 1 diabetes concerns.
- Local Young Woman Races to Raise Funds for Type 1 Diabetes.
- Inspirational youngster helps raise more than ÂŁ3,000 for diabetes charity.
- Type 1 Diabetes Community Keeps Fighting for a Major Increase in Cure Research.
12 October 2016
- FDA Approves First Artificial Pancreas Faster Than Anyone Expected.
- Hacking Diabetes at Home.
- College students with Type 1 diabetes face special challenges.
- How Barbara Davis' Carousel of Hope Ball Became a Biannual $2 Billion Fundraiser.
- Oklahoma's Mark Andrews thrives despite challenge of diabetes.
- Lohmann: Local couple going national with diabetes support group.
- Families with type 1 diabetes urge Scottish MPs to invest in fighting the condition.
- St. Thomas freshmanâs company takes on childhood diabetes.
- How DexCom Can Fight Back Against Medtronic's Artificial Pancreas.
- Comic launched to inspire people with type 1 diabetes.
5 October 2016
- Eric Paslay on His Struggle with Diabetes: âIâve Definitely Had Scary Moments on Stageâ.
- Lehi Girl Thriving with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Playing Ball With Low Blood Sugar.
- You're Going To Do What?
- From a parent of a child with type 1 diabetes â itâs okay, they can cope.
- Diabetes adds to struggles of high school.
28 September 2016
- A diabetic gets fired over a $1.69 (plus tax) drink and Dollar General must now pay her $277,656.
- Diabetic boy, 14, 'treated like a terrorist' at the Eiffel Tower because security guards were suspicious of his insulin pump.
- Former Hendricken star Matt Creamer learning to live with Type I diabetes.
- Visiting Disney World With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Thomas Glass: Baritone; A rising opera star living with type 1 diabetes.
- Doctor slammed over failure to save diabetic teenager.
21 September 2016
- Insulin can cost more than a mortgage payment â and the reason why shows everything that's wrong with American healthcare.
- Diabetics can spend $1,000 a month taking care of themselves â and it's not just because of insulin.
- High insulin costs hit Mississippians.
- Half of All Type 1 Diabetes Develops After 30 Years of Age. (Free Medscape membership required)
- Misdiagnosing Children with Diabetes Serious Concern.
- Fifth Quarter: Diabetes no limit to WarEagles' foursome.
- Helsby school wins award for providing good diabetes care for pupils.
14 September 2016
- 'Longstanding scandal': Huge insulin price hikes worse than EpiPen's, experts say.
- UK commercial pilots with diabetes and treated with insulin can fly with no safety concerns.
- Hudson child ambassador for Nick Jonas' diabetes organization.
- The diary of a girl with the little known eating disorder 'diabulimia'.
- Diabulimia: Diabetes and eating disorder service launching in UK.
- JDRF backs Sernovaâs implant for T1D.
- Novel SGLT Inhibitor Adds Benefit to Insulin in Type 1 Diabetes (free Medscape membership required).
- What type 1 diabetes taught this doctor-to-be about medicine, family and life.
- How pro cyclists make it in a cash-starved sport.
- Miss America 2017: Miss New Hampshire wears glucose monitor on pageant stage.
- Alert dog helps girl cope with her diabetes.
- Pfizer leads Series A for upstart that aims to help âcure Type 1 diabetesâ.
- Alphabet and Sanofi Set Up a Joint Venture in Diabetes Treatment.
- Insulet Enrolls First Patients in Clinical Trial for its OmnipodÂź Artificial Pancreas System.
- 'I give my diabetic child SUGAR because she needs it': Irate mum SLAMS new Scottish TV ad. See also This Scottish diabetes advert made a lot of people very angry.
7 September 2016
- Soaring insulin prices have diabetics feeling the pain. See also It's not just EpiPens: Drug prices rising across the board.
- Artificial pancreas trial in young children with diabetes receives âŹ4.6millon grant from European Commission.
- Diabetes hasn't kept Reed from trading paint.
- My friend's diabetes diagnosis when she was 9, changed my perception of the disease.
- Colin âTwinkleâ Rowland: a year of incredible fundraising to mark 50 years with type 1 diabetes.
- Diabetes doesn't keep Brentwood's Rowan Phillips down.
- Joe Pasquale is jumping out a plane for Diabetes UK.
- Exeter professor awarded prestigious diabetes prize.
- Working Like a Dog (to Sniff Out Blood Sugars!).
31 August 2016
- Families feel the pinch as insulin prices rise.
- Good Lord. Even the Price of Insulin Is Skyrocketing.
- Why a lifesaving drug that's been around since 1923 is still unaffordable.
- Express Scripts promises clients caps on diabetes spending.
- Adam Duvall's goal: Overcome Type 1 diabetes, one day at a time.
- With diabetes, a family's world changes.
- Nick Jonas, Type 1 diabetic, meets with Vancouver kids as part of advocacy campaign.
24 August 2016
- Keighley hospital awards pair who have lived with diabetes for more than 100 years between them.
- Student speaks to FDA about diabetes.
- Students lend a hand to medical research.
- Alex Ellis Never Let Type 1 Diabetes Slow Him Down.
- Children at risk from delays in referrals on diabetes.
- Insulin price spike leaves diabetes patients in crisis.
17 August 2016
- Despite Challenges, RaeLynn, Eric Paslay and Other Stars Don't Let Type 1 Diabetes Limit Their Dreams.
- When 'normal teen' stuff is a warning sign of illness: What parents should know.
- Author Kurt Andersen Talks About Life With Diabetes.
- Will Your Prescription Meds Be Covered Next Year? Better Check.
- Will Embryonic Stem Cells Ever Cure Anything?
10 August 2016
- Barbara Davis Keeps the Carousel of Hope Charity Ball Turning.
- Back to School With Diabetes.
- Pump It Up Challenge educates Queensland school children about type 1 diabetes.
- Pediatric Endocrinologist Fosters Small Changes Every Day.
- FGCU swimmer Evita Leter overcomes diabetes to reach Olympics.
3 August 2016
- Artificial Pancreas Is First To Raise $1 Million Under New Crowdfunding Rules.
- Breakthrough: The Case of Murder in the Pancreas.
- Former NFL star Simmons shares personal journey with diabetes.
- Hilton family adjusting to 7-year-oldâs Type 1 Diabetes.
- Girl Scout Gold project helps tackle Type 1 diabetes.
- Can Diabetes Alert Dogs Help Sniff Out Low Blood Sugar?
- This is what diabetes really looks like: Teen reveals truth about condition - without a cake in sight.
- Novo's Victoza diabetes medicine rebuffed by Express Scripts.
- Pharmacy benefit managers are restricting access to lots of drugs next year.
- Thomas J. Beatson, Jr. (1932-2016).
27 July 2016
- Eric Paslay Opens Up About His Struggle with Diabetes.
- Pilot with Type 1 diabetes who has raised more than $150,000 for research will speak in Council Bluffs.
- Local singer pays it forward; Children with diabetes enjoy concert by Crystal Bowersox.
- Nick Jonas Makes Dreams Come True for Pediatric Diabetes Patients with a Meet and Greet Before His Boston Concert.
- Southwest flight attendant soothes girl with diabetes after moment of panic.
- Living With Type 1 Diabetes: Amina's Pas de Deux.
- Meet the Colorado doctor helping Hispanic families with Type 1 diabetes.
- Dexcom âCommittedâ to Bringing CGM to Medicare Population.
- Oakland hackers take a stab at making crowdfunded insulin.
- CIRM grants ViaCyte $3.9 million for diabetes stem cell therapy.
20 July 2016
- The DIY diabetes kit that's keeping us alive.
- Britain's diabetic leader reflects differing healthcare systems.
- Increased hospital admissions for hypoglycemia in England over last 10 years.
- KORN Singer Talks Son's Battle With Diabetes.
- Campaign launched to help parents recognise type 1 diabetes in children.
- Thoeny has lived with Type 1 diabetes for 60 years.
13 July 2016
- Country Music Star Eric Paslay Partners with Dexcom to Share His Story and Help Others Living with Diabetes.
- NASCAR Driver Ryan Reed: a Diabetes Diagnosis Didn't Stop My Dreams.
- Camp for children with diabetes builds lasting relationships.
- Olympic snowboarder Sean Busby inspires diabetic campers.
- New UK Prime Minister Brings Spotlight to Type 1 Diabetes.
- Camp Red Jacket empowers diabetic children.
- Simple fun with a dose of education is what Camp Kno-Koma is all about.
- Adolescent girls with type 1 diabetes have worse perception of condition than boys.
- Dunwoody girl's eye exam was a lifesaver.
- Sherrington: What family of Cowboys assistant Derek Dooley, like mine, has taken away from fight against juvenile diabetes.
- RaeLynn Becomes A Diabetes Patient Ambassador.
- No one knows why more adults are getting this kids' disease.
- Diabetes puts high demands on parents of little sufferers.
- 'You can still do what you want to': Theresa May on how diabetes has changed her life. See also Theresa May set to become the first world leader with Type 1 diabetes.
- Poster campaign aims to prevent life-threatening condition in children with diabetes.
29 June 2016
- Health insurer's limit on insulin pumps worries patients.
- 'Hacking' a Diabetes Cure?
- Hunter Johnson, 12, thrives in sports despite diabetes diagnosis.
- The Best Prom.
- Dad's ingenious solution to disguising daughter's glucose monitor.
- Double-duty brings out his best.
- Jaxonâs journey: Teen adjusts to new life after Type 1 diabetes diagnosis.
- Bionic pancreas operated by iPhone provides better control of type 1 diabeticsâ glucose level.
22 June 2016
- What itâs like ... to have your child diagnosed with diabetes.
- Kids with diabetes share common experience.
- Marlins pitcher McGowan shares story of triumph over diabetes.
- Not-So-Friendly Skies for T1D Travelers.
- Metro girl says she was kicked off softball team because sheâs diabetic.
- Dog's nose brings relief for diabetic girl's family.
15 June 2016
- UnitedHealthcare-Medtronic Insulin-Pump Deal Prompts Outrage.
- Family held by security in Dubai International Airport â for two hours â because of an insulin pump. See also Airport security holds boy with type 1 diabetes because of insulin pump.
- Living With Type 1 Diabetes: The Best & The Worst.
8 June 2016
- The Surprising Way Baby Daddy's Derek Theler Conceals His Insulin Pump When He Goes Shirtless on TV. See also Baby Daddy's Derek Theler on Growing Up with Type 1 Diabetes: My Parents Lived in Fear I'd Go into Insulin Shock.
- Smart pumps, smarter insulin: Boston's T1D Exchange aids innovation in type 1 diabetes.
- Pancreas procedure for Type 1 diabetes.
- Man hauls anvil up mountain to support diabetic daughter.
- Diabetes award for school.
- A Ride Worth Taking: Family Raises Big Money for Type 1 Diabetes.
- From London to Ottawa: Mom walks to Parliament Hill for diabetes awareness.
- Taking action against discrimination in Kuwait.
- Educate Your Immune System.
1 June 2016
- 6-year-old participates in medical trial.
- Students engineer mobile app to help Type 1 diabetics, win national award.
- Diabetes tries to tell NASCAR driver Ryan Reed, fan they canât, but they donât listen.
- New device for diabetes eliminates the need for painful finger pricking.
- sugarBEAT Continous Glucometer Cleared in Europe.
- Diabetic services at âcrisis pointâ.
25 May 2016
- This Diabetes Activist Hacked Her Medical Device and Made an Artificial Pancreas.
- Tubeless insulin pump gives independence to active diabetics.
- Juvenile Diabetes Research: Playing sports with diabetes.
- Grand Forks student participates in groundbreaking 'T-rex' diabetes study.
- What Is It Like to Raise a Child with Type 1 Diabetes?
- Diabetes doesnât slow down IndyCar racer Charlie Kimball.
- First results of the Fr1da studyâ36,000 children already tested for early type 1 diabetes.
- A Polish vaccine against diabetes.
18 May 2016
- Is more monitoring better for Type 1 diabetes patients?
- I Donât Let Type 1 Diabetes Get in My Way.
- Father shows mettle to heave anvil up mountain in support of ill daughter.
- Charlie Kimballâs car will change number.
- First Colonial soccer defender battles opponents and Type 1 Diabetes.
- Isabella Lewis first in Kent to try new Omnipod diabetes management system.
- Gate City High School doubles partners manage juvenile diabetes together.
- Jane Fonda, Sidney Poitier, Sherry Lansing, David Foster to Be Honored at Carousel of Hope Ball.
- Trip Of A Lifetime: Sioux Falls Boy With Type 1 Will Test Out Artificial Pancreas.
- Major conference for type 1 diabetes.
11 May 2016
- Tech-Savvy Families Use Home-Built Diabetes Device.
- Bountiful Couple First in Utah to Build DIY "Artificial Pancreas" for Type 1 Diabetes.
- Mike Rutherford: Ignorance about diabetes is rife.
- Newly crowned Miss NH raises awareness of diabetes.
- Get Inspired: Worcester's Chris Pennell on life as diabetic rugby professional.
- Cebix Shuts Down Following Mid-Stage Trial of C-Peptide Drug.
- Roche commits to diabetes testing and sees 2017 return to growth.
4 May 2016
- Plymouth couple to be honored for supporting diabetes research.
- American Girl Has a Hit With Diabetes Doll Kit.
- What It's Like Living With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Young athlete thrives despite type-1 diabetes.
- 11 Things People Living With Type 1 Diabetes Want You To Know.
- Living With Type 1 Diabetes: Food Shaming At Family Parties.
- Apple's debut CareKit apps target diabetes, depression, pregnancy.
27 April 2016
- Latest On The Sanford Project: Clinical Trial Studying Type 1 Diabetes In Children.
- Scioto Foundation Announces New MacKenzie Brown Type I Diabetes Scholarship Fund.
- Franklin College softball player doesnât let diabetes slow her down.
- I Built a Superpower to Treat My Son's Diabetes.
- Girls soccer notes: Diabetes can't slow Andrew senior Abby Hooker.
- The other diabetes: Type 1 less known, no less serious.
- Founder of Silicon Alley darling Razorfish expands diabetes app.
- Could a cheap drug PREVENT type 1 diabetes? 'At risk' children will be given common treatment for disease to see if it stops it developing.
20 April 2016
- Diabetes Patients 'Screaming' About Insulin Costs. (Free Medscape membership required.) See also Media Matters: Can Anything Be Done About High Insulin Prices?
- Type-1 diabetes 'prevention' trial starts in Scotland.
- Matt is back in the driving seat after diabetes ban blow.
- Huntsville-based GrifGrips develops technology to help people with Type 1 Diabetes.
- 'Women with diabulimia don't see 30', warns eating disorders expert.
- Anorexic Diabetics Treated 'Too Late'.
13 April 2016
- Bennet, FDA commish say 'fast-track' for medical device made in Aurora helping change lives.
- Lexington woman won't let diabetes hold her back.
- For 45 NFL players lobbying Congress, the fight against diabetes is personal.
- Liraglutide benefits obese and overweight Type 1 diabetics the most, an exploratory study shows.
- Type 1 diabetes won't stop me from running London Marathon.
- Nurse's Notes: Living with type 1 diabetes is like Sherlock Holmes every day.
- I have type 1 diabetes and it isn't because of my diet or weight.
- A South Spencer High School student says she was denied her insulin.
- Insulin's Surging Price Turns Diabetes Staple Into Luxury Good.
6 April 2016
- What's behind skyrocketing insulin prices? See also Lifesaving Diabetes Drug Price Tripled in 10 Years and Insulin prices have skyrocketed, putting drug makers on the defensive.
- Artificial Pancreas Makers Race to Marke.
- Diabetes: From Ancient Discovery To Contemporary Treatment.
- Hope for the Battle against Type 1 Diabetes.
- Type 1 Diabetes Cell Therapy Trial Enrolls First Patient at Sanford.
- For teen with type 1 diabetes, it's about numbers - and a whole lot more.
- Florida Southern Women's Soccer Supports Teammate in Fight Against Type 1 Diabetes.
- Nottingham mum-of-six to run London Marathon for diabetic brother.
- Abbott hosts first ever sleepover at London Planetarium for children with T1 diabetes.
30 March 2016
- Trial aims to 'stall' type 1 diabetes. See also Type 1 diabetes trials give hope for 'more normal life'.
- Diabetic toddler raises awareness of Type 1 diabetes.
- Nashville judge doesn't let type 1 diabetes hold her back.
- McManaman: Diabetes hasn't been able to slow down Indy driver Charlie Kimball.
- Beckman's Caitlin Kennedy learns to thrive with diabetes.
23 March 2016
- Pancreas Transplant May Eliminate Injections for Some With Severe Diabetes.
- How Dogs Can Sniff Out Diabetes and Cancer.
- 'I wish I could go back' â Doctor breaks down as she admits missing diabetes signs in girl who died hours later.
16 March 2016
- Everyday Heroes - The Calabrese Family.
- Tallahassee woman marks milestone in diabetes treatmen.
- Fifth graders born half a world away find friendship in living with diabetes.
- Elite Sophomore Prospect Abby Prohaska Shoots, Scores, Saves.
- Parents hack kids' glucose monitors to fill medical void.
- 'A scary thing': ex-NHLer Doug Gilmour's personal connection to diabetes fight.
- Seriously ill teen with diabetes died 'hours after doctor failed to diagnose condition'.
- The Motley Fool Sits Down With the CEO of Dexcom Inc.
9 March 2016
- The Rising Cost of Insulin.
- Mum of three diabetic children calls for better understanding of the disease.
- Sacred Heart's Brown didn't let diabetes derail career.
- 8-year-old teaches Taft principal, recently diagnosed with diabetes.
- How My Diabetes Got Me Hooked on Aviation.
- While his parents slept, this 7-year-old boy's life was saved by Jedi, his diabetes-sniffing dog. See also Meet Jedi, the Dog That Watches Over Type-1 Diabetic Child Every Night While His Family Sleeps.
2 March 2016
- For Some Diabetics, a Struggle to Pay for Insulin.
- Bob Krause - 90 year old type 1 diabetic.
- The Importance Of Getting It Right In Diabetes Reporting.
- Victor Garber Supports Young People Living with Type 1 Diabetes: 'You Can Live with It and Thrive'.
- Babies weaned after six months are 'three times as likely to develop type 1 diabetes'.
- The Aussies at risk of dying while they are asleep from Dead-in-Bed syndrome.
- Family's campaign for the 'simple test' that could have saved their 13-year-old son's life.
24 February 2016
- A Do-It-Yourself Revolution in Diabetes Care.
- Break Up the Insulin Racket. See also Eli Lilly's revenue boosted by jacking up cost of insulin for diabetics.
- Insulin pumps and princesses.
- â100 things' book and campaign launch today.
- Mini-Dose Glucagon May Manage Hypoglycemia for Type 1 Diabetes Patients.
17 February 2016
- CU Scientists Make Major Discovery In Type 1 Diabetes.
- Local moms design a trendy way to carry insulin pumps.
- New diabetes devices improve connectivity, but patient, provider education needed.
10 February 2016
- Artificial pancreas works for teens with type 1 diabetes.
- How Diabetes in Kids Differs From That in Teens.
- Parents fight diabetes diagnoses with diligence and technology.
- My Very Human Errors With My Very Human Disease.
- San Diego Company Testing Possible Diabetes Cure.
- North Carolina teen with diabetes wins wrestling state championship.
- Diabetes camp a confidence boost for youth.
- Man pools his efforts for charity.
- Insulin access remains limited for thousands of people, study finds.
3 February 2016
- An Eating Disorder in People With Diabetes.
- Teen raising money for kits that will help ease diabetes fear.
- What it means to live with diabetes.
27 January 2016
- What's Your Type? With Diabetes, It Can Be Unclear.
- How Playing With Jerry The Bear Changes Kids' Lives.
- Celebrating 50 years, a local man's diabetic journey.
20 January 2016
- Navigating School With Diabetes.
- The athletes who have triumphed over type 1 diabetes.
- Badgers men's hockey: Diabetes doesn't keep freshman forward Luke Kunin from making a quick impact.
- Homewood-Flossmoor's Eva Rubin refuses to dial down due to diabetes.
- Going Collegiate With A Chronic Illness.
- Dunking for Success.
- She conquers diabetes by running marathons.
- Age group inspiration: Josie Pilon.
- Type 1 diabetes does not stop Tampa Catholic's Ragusa from playing 2 sports.
- Diabetes? That's just another hurdle I had to overcome in my sporting life.
- Why NBA star Julius Randle wore a Manlius boy's bracelet in last week's game.
- Diabetes doesn't slow down Blaine's Riley Tufte.
- Utica student aims to help children cope with diabetes.
- Kennewick teen diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes but still excels in school and sports.
13 January 2016
- Kids with diabetes find comfort in custom American Girl dolls.
- Wiregrass guard leads team despite battle with Type 1 diabetes.
6 January 2016
- Pioneering Artificial Pancreas, Developed at UVA, to Undergo Final Tests. See also UVa to lead studies on 'artificial pancreas' for type 1 diabetes.
- Surviving the war to fight diabetes as a refugee.
- Diabetic Ironman athletes say disease doesn't stop them from competing.
- WA youth research to close loop on diabetes with trial at Perthâs Princess Margaret Hospital.
- The Awesome Change American Girl Is Making In 2016.
- Nuthall diabetic who has been injecting insulin for 50 years shows life goes on after diagnosis.
[ Current Diabetes News in the Popular Press | News from 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 ]
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Monday January 02, 2017 14:21:00
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.