Diabetes News in the Popular Press from 2018
19 July 2018
Former ‘American Idol’ runner-up visits Fort Mill diabetes day camp.
Kimball's Toronto car highlights Diabetes Canada partnership .
What is on Theresa May’s arm, what are the patches for and is she a diabetic?
Inhalable insulin provides alternative to needles for millions living with diabetes.
4 July 2018
- Camp Nolohi focuses on children with diabetes.
- Transplant surgeon changed Type 1 diabetes treatment the world over.
- Ketogenic dieters strip pharmacies of life-saving tests for diabetics.
27 June 2018
- Koala with Diabetes at San Diego Zoo Receives Help from New Technology.
- Liberty Twp. girl to be juvenile diabetes ambassador.
- Diabetes Patients at Risk From Rising Insulin Prices.
- Utah families with diabetic kids are going to extremes to afford insulin.
- Ravens rookie Mark Andrews refuses to be defined by diabetes.
- Hixson boy with type 1 diabetes gets a special Riverbend surprise.
20 June 2018
- Kids with Type 1 diabetes become friends after chance encounter at rodeo.
- Fighting the stigma of diabetes: helping young people speak out about their disease.
- Texas officer buys groceries for man who had his stolen when he fainted outside.
- Why does my health insurer sabotage my efforts to manage my diabetes?
- Study: Almost half of diabetics skip medical care due to costs.
13 June 2018
- New device makes life easier for family of diabetic twin toddlers.
- Cutting-edge tech makes diabetes management easier (and less painful) than ever.
- Diabetes 'technological wave' has too much upside to ignore: JP Morgan.
- NDP government to cover cost of insulin pumps for diabetic patients of any age.
- The medicine keeping her alive was also killing her.
- Diabetes hasn't stopped Charlie Kimball from chasing his IndyCar dreams.
- Chronic Illness and Tragedy Turn Teen into Pharma-fighting Advocate.
- Hochman: 'Diabetic Phenom' — that's Cardinals rookie Jordan Hicks.
- What it's like to live with Type 1 Diabetes at university.
- Needle-free: 10-year Study Shows Rare Diabetes May Be Treated With Tablets.
6 June 2018
- San Antonio bodybuilder makes strides in her goals while living with Type 1 diabetes.
- International Welsh sprinter with Type 1 diabetes to inspire youngsters.
- Golfer with type 1 diabetes sets sights on next championship victory.
23 May 2018
- Paying the price for insulin.
- Ex-UM QB Hewlett's golf event nears $1M for diabetes.
- Evamere Elementary School students stand out for smiles, selflessness.
- Novo Nordisk commits nearly $7 million for Minglin Ma's diabetes research.
16 May 2018
- A Mother's Day Message To Pharma: Lower Your Insulin Prices.
- Rally at Capitol brings attention to rising cost of prescription drugs.
- Dexcom's newest diabetes device can read your blood sugar without any blood, and it's a life-changer.
- Mom and daughter navigate Type 1 diabetes with innovative device.
- After Denver’s jail twice refused to accommodate a deputy’s diabetes needs, the city will pay him a $100,000 settlement.
- New look for Kimball at Indy.
- Indy notes: Daly partners with Lilly Diabetes for Indy 500, NASCAR race.
9 May 2018
- Mark Andrews: Type-1 Diabetes Won't Be a Problem in NFL.
- From Type 1 diabetes diagnosis at 19 to Bellator debut at 27, Jordan Williams wants to inspire others.
- Mom takes on Lilly, high drug prices.
2 May 2018
- Insulin Reaches Syrian Children with Diabetes.
- Challenges of Long-Distance Air Travel With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Kids and dog hailed as heroes for saving mom's life.
- Type I diabetes fails to deter Lady Comets.
- Passion for the games keeps young Aussie rules player going despite Type 1 Diabetes.
- Boys player of the year overcomes health scares.
- My doctor just suggested I travel from Red Lion to Mexico to get my diabetes medicine.
- Funding for biobank grows at UF for Type 1 diabetes research.
25 April 2018
- Understanding the signs and severity of type 1 diabetes.
- I found out my daughter had diabetes when ambulance officers knocked on my door.
- The Risky Game One Doctor Plays To Help Patients Find Affordable Insulin.
- Sylvia Mare aims to be a positive role model for people suffering from health conditions.
- Titans GM Jon Robinson fights his biggest battle at his house.
- Albury-Wodonga pair receives Kellion Victory Medals from Diabetes Victoria for 50 and 70 years of living with diabetes.
- Focusing on her own health led ASU grad to health care degree.
- Extra Effort: La Crosse Logan High School senior is determined to help others.
- ‘Skyjack’ book signing happening tonight at Mysterious Galaxy Bookstore.
- Ms. America with a mission: Victorville native Brittany Wagner champions American Diabetes Association after winning national pageant.
18 April 2018
- SUPREME COURT NOTEBOOK: Diabetes, decisions and justice math.
- Diabetes is not stopping this Brookline teen from running the Boston Marathon.
- When diabetes is your life, DIY on glucose monitors, pumps help.
- FDA approves AI-powered software to detect diabetic retinopathy.
- Red Mountain's Riley Pagel perseveres in football, baseball with Type 1 diabetes.
- PUMPD creates community for students with Type 1 diabetes.
4 April 2018
- Diabetes: Our Nation's Most Expensive Health Condition.
- Dexcom wins FDA approval for next generation of glucose monitors for diabetes.
- Abbott invests in diabetes care start-up.
- Could a Vaccine Be the End of Type 1 Diabetes?
- Diabetics on the Margin: Celebrating Diversity Within the Diabetes Community.
- Swansea’s Miss Massachusetts Teen USA volunteers at diabetes center.
- Incoming All-American Cate Reese unfazed by Type 1 Diabetes.
- Camp Banting for children with diabetes reborn after threatened shutdown.
- Mark Andrews poised to make having diabetes into a positive as he inches toward NFL.
- Bison thrower Stroh thriving while dealing with diabetes.
28 March 2018
- Dodgers reliever Scott Alexander gained strength from diabetes diagnosis.
- Challenged post player helps Baylor women to Sweet 16 again.
- Ian O’Riordan: Some drugs in cycling are a matter of life and death.
- 'Teddy Bear Clinic' helps children learn about Type 1 diabetes.
- Blind cavefish seem to ignore insulin without health consequences. See also Blind Cave Fish May Hold Secret To Treating Diabetes and Insulin resistance in cavefish as an adaptation to a nutrient-limited environment.
21 March 2018
- New Diabetes Monitors Require Fewer Pricks, Less Guessing.
- Wolfscastle company, FRIO, helps with a world rowing first.
- Being 2-sport athlete with type 1 diabetes makes Alabama’s Keith Holcombe one of a kind.
- Theresa May: I rely on the NHS every day and I am eternally grateful to them.
- Sugarland: As Diabetes Rate Skyrockets, So Does Cost of Insulin.
- Providing Free Insulin and Blood Glucose Test Strips to Low-Income Families Improves Type 1 Diabetes in India.
14 March 2018
- The Price They Pay.
- Cash-strapped diabetes sufferers to be hit hard as HBF no longer covers insulin pumps in basic policies.
- Just like everyone else.
- Batavia mom is raising awareness for Type 1 diabetes.
- First ever club set up for children with Type 1 Diabetes in North West.
- Low rates of kidney disease in adults with childhood-onset type 1 diabetes.
- Woman with type 1 diabetes unhappy at sharps box collection charge.
7 March 2018
- Type 1 Diabetes Is No Longer Just for Kids.
- Boxing, running, dead lifts—diabetes doesn’t hold this Atlanta personal trainer back.
- Sugar and Summits: Hiking the Appalachian Trail with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Before winning a state title, Carmel's Riley Palm had to pin diabetes.
- Dangerous Trend: 40 Percent Of Young Women With Diabetes Suffer Eating Disorder.
- How two Northwestern grads are making childhood illness easier to 'bear': BTN LiveBIG.
- Meet Maggie Crawford.
- Major Medical Associations Feud Over Diabetes Guidelines.
28 February 2018
- Woman raises concerns over diabetes alert dog agency.
- Type 1 diabetes: A life-changing diagnosis.
- Roche's Sinking Diabetes Unit Looks Toward a Monster for a Boost.
- Thomy toolkit could make life easier for children with type-1 diabetes.
21 February 2018
- CAFF - A mother and daughter face reality of living with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Rare Tumor Could Help Produce Insulin For Type-1 Diabetics, Study Shows.
14 February 2018
- Insulin quality questions have diabetes experts scrambling.
- Edgewood senior says she won't let anything hold her back.
- Crossing for a Cause: Seville Grove man to cycle from Perth to Sydney for Telethon Type 1 Diabetes Family Centre.
- Valognes delivers first major success for Team Novo Nordisk in Dubai Tour.
7 February 2018
- Having A Child With Diabetes Meant I Had To Step Up As A Parent.
- Diabetic girl returning to school.
- Adjusting to life as diabetic: 'The love for the game kept me going'.
- Basketball player Kelsey Lachowski not letting Type 1 Diabetes define her.
- I Had to Bury My 26-Year-Old Son Because He Couldn't Afford Insulin.
- Boy, 6, saves mum's life after she suffers diabetic emergency in their Brislington home.
31 January 2018
- Cool Kid Sierra Thornburg uses love of horses to help kids with special needs.
- Man recognised for managing type 1 diabetes for 70 years.
- She has battled diabetes for five decades and now has a medal for her courage.
- EMT Crews Often Unprepared for Diabetic Crises.
- Woman claims SA hotel didn't follow required ADA regulations.
24 January 2018
- Late introduction of gluten linked to higher risks of type 1 diabetes.
- 2017 Inventor: Kavya Kopparapu, 17.
- Izabel Goulart Shows "Love" for the Diabetes Research Institute Foundation Through Charitable Giving App Elbi.
- Isle of Wight man recognised for seven decades of coping with Type 1 diabetes.
- Woman with type 1 diabetes who treated hypo receives parking fine.
17 January 2018
- Eric Paslay brings encouragement, guitar tips to Vanderbilt children's hospital.
- Diabetic middle schoolers welcome newcomer to their 'band of brothers'.
- Diabetes doesnâ€™t deter this young Chesterfield dancer.
- Hawaii athlete with Type 1 diabetes helps raise $100,000 to find a cure.
- Baking relative supports three generations of Calgary family diagnosed with extremely rare form of diabetes.
- Stem cell implant trial aims to reverse Type 1 diabetes.
- Diabetics living longer but medical costs growing rapidly.
10 January 2018
- Could Pitt genetic procedure allow people with type 1 diabetes to produce their own insulin? See also Gene Therapy Temporarily Reverses Type 1 Diabetes in Mice.
- Maine woman pushing Congress to cover Type 1 diabetes insulin pump.
- Noahâ€™s March: 11-Year-Old Breaks a Record Walking for a Cure.
- To catch Apple, Fitbit invests in a company that makes a small patch to track blood sugar for diabetics.
- Diabetes device development is ramping up but reimbursement looms large.
3 January 2018
- Freed From the iPhone, the Apple Watch Finds a Medical Purpose.
- Diagnosis doesnâ€™t keep Mercer soccer player off the field.
- Diabetes inspires Calgary rapper to release new song, raise awareness.
Current Diabetes News in the Popular Press |
Last Updated: Thursday July 19, 2018 00:02:58
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.