Diabetes News in the Popular Press from 2018
21 March 2018
New Diabetes Monitors Require Fewer Pricks, Less Guessing.
Wolfscastle company, FRIO, helps with a world rowing first.
Being 2-sport athlete with type 1 diabetes makes Alabama’s Keith Holcombe one of a kind.
Theresa May: I rely on the NHS every day and I am eternally grateful to them.
Sugarland: As Diabetes Rate Skyrockets, So Does Cost of Insulin.
Providing Free Insulin and Blood Glucose Test Strips to Low-Income Families Improves Type 1 Diabetes in India.
14 March 2018
- The Price They Pay.
- Cash-strapped diabetes sufferers to be hit hard as HBF no longer covers insulin pumps in basic policies.
- Just like everyone else.
- Batavia mom is raising awareness for Type 1 diabetes.
- First ever club set up for children with Type 1 Diabetes in North West.
- Low rates of kidney disease in adults with childhood-onset type 1 diabetes.
- Woman with type 1 diabetes unhappy at sharps box collection charge.
7 March 2018
- Type 1 Diabetes Is No Longer Just for Kids.
- Boxing, running, dead lifts—diabetes doesn’t hold this Atlanta personal trainer back.
- Sugar and Summits: Hiking the Appalachian Trail with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Before winning a state title, Carmel's Riley Palm had to pin diabetes.
- Dangerous Trend: 40 Percent Of Young Women With Diabetes Suffer Eating Disorder.
- How two Northwestern grads are making childhood illness easier to 'bear': BTN LiveBIG.
- Meet Maggie Crawford.
- Major Medical Associations Feud Over Diabetes Guidelines.
28 February 2018
- Woman raises concerns over diabetes alert dog agency.
- Type 1 diabetes: A life-changing diagnosis.
- Roche's Sinking Diabetes Unit Looks Toward a Monster for a Boost.
- Thomy toolkit could make life easier for children with type-1 diabetes.
21 February 2018
- CAFF - A mother and daughter face reality of living with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Rare Tumor Could Help Produce Insulin For Type-1 Diabetics, Study Shows.
14 February 2018
- Insulin quality questions have diabetes experts scrambling.
- Edgewood senior says she won't let anything hold her back.
- Crossing for a Cause: Seville Grove man to cycle from Perth to Sydney for Telethon Type 1 Diabetes Family Centre.
- Valognes delivers first major success for Team Novo Nordisk in Dubai Tour.
7 February 2018
- Having A Child With Diabetes Meant I Had To Step Up As A Parent.
- Diabetic girl returning to school.
- Adjusting to life as diabetic: 'The love for the game kept me going'.
- Basketball player Kelsey Lachowski not letting Type 1 Diabetes define her.
- I Had to Bury My 26-Year-Old Son Because He Couldn't Afford Insulin.
- Boy, 6, saves mum's life after she suffers diabetic emergency in their Brislington home.
31 January 2018
- Cool Kid Sierra Thornburg uses love of horses to help kids with special needs.
- Man recognised for managing type 1 diabetes for 70 years.
- She has battled diabetes for five decades and now has a medal for her courage.
- EMT Crews Often Unprepared for Diabetic Crises.
- Woman claims SA hotel didn't follow required ADA regulations.
24 January 2018
- Late introduction of gluten linked to higher risks of type 1 diabetes.
- 2017 Inventor: Kavya Kopparapu, 17.
- Izabel Goulart Shows "Love" for the Diabetes Research Institute Foundation Through Charitable Giving App Elbi.
- Isle of Wight man recognised for seven decades of coping with Type 1 diabetes.
- Woman with type 1 diabetes who treated hypo receives parking fine.
17 January 2018
- Eric Paslay brings encouragement, guitar tips to Vanderbilt children's hospital.
- Diabetic middle schoolers welcome newcomer to their 'band of brothers'.
- Diabetes doesnâ€™t deter this young Chesterfield dancer.
- Hawaii athlete with Type 1 diabetes helps raise $100,000 to find a cure.
- Baking relative supports three generations of Calgary family diagnosed with extremely rare form of diabetes.
- Stem cell implant trial aims to reverse Type 1 diabetes.
- Diabetics living longer but medical costs growing rapidly.
10 January 2018
- Could Pitt genetic procedure allow people with type 1 diabetes to produce their own insulin? See also Gene Therapy Temporarily Reverses Type 1 Diabetes in Mice.
- Maine woman pushing Congress to cover Type 1 diabetes insulin pump.
- Noahâ€™s March: 11-Year-Old Breaks a Record Walking for a Cure.
- To catch Apple, Fitbit invests in a company that makes a small patch to track blood sugar for diabetics.
- Diabetes device development is ramping up but reimbursement looms large.
3 January 2018
- Freed From the iPhone, the Apple Watch Finds a Medical Purpose.
- Diagnosis doesnâ€™t keep Mercer soccer player off the field.
- Diabetes inspires Calgary rapper to release new song, raise awareness.
Current Diabetes News in the Popular Press |
Last Updated: Wednesday March 21, 2018 17:27:29
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.