Research News From 2018
21 March 2018
Unannounced Meals in the Artificial Pancreas: Detection Using Continuous Glucose Monitoring. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
Peptide Immunotherapy for Type 1 Diabetes-Clinical Advances. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
Superior Glycemic Control with a Glucose-Responsive Insulin Analog: Hepatic and Nonhepatic Impacts.
Viral insulin-like peptides activate human insulin and IGF-1 receptor signaling: A paradigm shift for host–microbe interactions. See also Insulin Goes Viral?
14 March 2018
- A phase 3 multicenter, open-label, prospective study designed to evaluate the effectiveness and ease of use of nasal glucagon in the treatment of moderate and severe hypoglycemia in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes in the home or school setting.
- Paracrine Interactions within the Pancreatic Islet Determine the Glycemic Set Point. See also Researchers Confirm Entire Islet Organ is the Master Regulator of Blood Glucose Levels.
- α Cell Function and Gene Expression Are Compromised in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Adrenaline and cortisol levels are lower during nighttime than daytime hypoglycaemia in children with type 1 diabetes.
7 March 2018
- Novel subgroups of adult-onset diabetes and their association with outcomes: a data-driven cluster analysis of six variables. See also Diabetes is actually five separate diseases, research suggests.
- A prospective study evaluating the use of nasal glucagon for the treatment of moderate to severe hypoglycemia in adults with type 1 diabetes in a real-world setting.
- Seasonal Variation in Month of Diagnosis of Polish Children with Type 1 Diabetes - A Multicenter Study.
- Preventing Nocturnal Hypoglycemia: Single- vs Dual-Hormone Artificial Pancreas System.
- Safety and Efficacy of Epigenetically Converted Human Fibroblasts Into Insulin-Secreting Cells: A Preclinical Study.
28 February 2018
- Clustering of microvascular complications in Type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Human Subcutaneous Tissue Response to Glucose Sensors: Macrophages Accumulation Impact on Sensor Accuracy.
21 February 2018
- A plateau in new onset type 1 diabetes: Incidence of pediatric diabetes in the United States Military Health System.
- Methyldopa blocks MHC class II binding to disease-specific antigens in autoimmune diabetes. Free full text available in PDF format. See also Researchers find existing drug effective at preventing onset of type 1 diabetes.
- Type 1 diabetes susceptibility alleles are associated with distinct alterations in the gut microbiota. See also Researchers discover link between gut and type 1 diabetes.
- Optimizing Hybrid Closed-Loop Therapy in Adolescents and Emerging Adults Using the MiniMed 670G System.
14 February 2018
- Impact of erroneous meal insulin bolus with dual-hormone artificial pancreas using a simplified bolus strategy - A randomized controlled trial.
- Impact of C-Peptide Status on the Response of Glucagon and Endogenous Glucose Production to Induced Hypoglycaemia in T1D.
- Beta Cell Function after Intensive Subcutaneous Insulin Therapy or Intravenous Insulin Infusion at Onset of T1D in Children without ketoacidosis.
- A type 1 diabetes genetic risk score can discriminate monogenic autoimmunity with diabetes from early-onset clustering of polygenic autoimmunity with diabetes.
- Administration of vitamin D and high dose of omega 3 to sustain remission of type 1 diabetes.
- Coxsackievirus B1 infections are associated with the initiation of insulin-driven autoimmunity that progresses to type 1 diabetes..
- Virus-like infection induces human β cell dedifferentiation.
7 February 2018
- Overnight Glucose Control with Dual- and Single-Hormone Artificial Pancreas in Type 1 Diabetes with Hypoglycemia Unawareness: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Hypoglycemia unawareness in type 1 diabetes suppresses brain responses to hypoglycemia.
- A Prospective Multicenter Evaluation of the Accuracy of a Novel Implanted Continuous Glucose Sensor: PRECISE II.
31 January 2018
- Excess Mortality in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes Without Albuminuriaâ€”Separating the Contribution of Early and Late Risks.
- Type 1 Diabetes in Parents and Risk of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in Offspring: A Population-Based Study in Sweden.
- Soft, smart contact lenses with integrations of wireless circuits, glucose sensors, and displays.
24 January 2018
- Decreased α-cell mass and early structural alterations of the exocrine pancreas in patients with type 1 diabetes: An analysis based on the nPOD repository. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Dual-hormone artificial pancreas: benefits and limitations compared with single-hormone systems.
- Low-grade Inflammatory Marker Profile May Help to Differentiate Patients With LADA, Classic Adult-Onset Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes.
17 January 2018
- Early Infant Diet and Islet Autoimmunity in the TEDDY Study.
- Incidence of type 1 diabetes in China, 2010-13: population based study. See also Type 1 Diabetes on the Rise in China, Most New Cases in Adults.
- Incidence of childhood onset type 1 diabetes in Western Australia from 1985 to 2016: Evidence for a plateau.
- Basal Insulin Peglispro Increases Lipid Oxidation, Metabolic Flexibility, Thermogenesis And Ketone Bodies Compared To Insulin Glargine In Subjects With Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Efficacy and safety of fast-acting insulin aspart in comparison with insulin aspart in type 1 diabetes (onset 1): a 52-week, randomized, treat-to-target, phase 3 trial.
10 January 2018
- Effect of Hydrolyzed Infant Formula vs Conventional Formula on Risk of Type 1 Diabetes: The TRIGR Randomized Clinical Trial. See also Modifying baby formula doesn't prevent type 1 diabetes in children.
- Infant Feeding in Relation to the Risk of Advanced Islet Autoimmunity and Type 1 Diabetes in Children With Increased Genetic Susceptibility: A Cohort Study.
- Endogenous Reprogramming of Alpha Cells into Beta Cells, Induced by Viral Gene Therapy, Reverses Autoimmune Diabetes.
- Reversible retinal vessel closure from VEGF-induced leukocyte plugging.
- Method may reverse vision loss from diabetes.
- Incidence of type 1 diabetes in China, 2010-13: population based study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
3 January 2018
- Distinct fecal and oral microbiota composition in human type 1 diabetes, an observational study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Effect of a Glucagon Receptor Antibody (REMD-477) in Type 1 Diabetes: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Transplantation of Macro-encapsulated Human Islets within the Bioartificial Pancreas β Air to Patients with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Designing a retrievable and scalable cell encapsulation device for potential treatment of type 1 diabetes. See also Spider web inspired implantable "string" could control diabetes.
- Incidence and prevalence trends of youth-onset type 2 diabetes in a cohort of Canadian youth: 2002-2013.
Current Research News |
Last Updated: Wednesday March 21, 2018 17:27:29
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.