You know you're the parent of a child with diabetes when ...
- You go to tell the person in front of you that their pump tubing is hanging out, only to realize that it's the headphone wire connected to their iPod.
- You drink too much coffee in the morning and when you say, "Wow, I have to go to the bathroom again!", your 5 year old looks at you and grins and says, "Mom, are you getting diabetes too?"
- You're the only mother at playgroup chasing around your 3-year-old yelling, "If you don't come eat these jellybeans right now, I'll put you in time out!"
- Your son gets a bloody nose and you reach for the glucose meter to check his blood sugar.
- You find parts of syringes in your son's room and he is now using them as swords and granades for his action figures, after throwing away the needle part, of course!
[ Most Recent Parent Humor | From 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 ]
Use our Letter to the Editor form to send in your addition.
Last Updated: Wednesday May 15, 2013 11:51:27
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.