You know you're the parent of a child with diabetes when ...
- You meet the boyfriend for the first time and you start telling him how to treat lows before you say hello.
- You hear your teen say, "When I'm high I don't feel it" and your friends jaw hits the floor when you respond, "Some people don't feel it."
- Your child holds up a box in the grocery store and, when you ask "How much?", the nice bystander says "$2.99" and your child says, "15 carbs for one serving."
- You get an advertisement online saying that they have the perfect pump and you wonder, "Animas or Tandem?", only to find out it is a shoe store advertisement.
- You spend several minutes on Christmas Eve reassuring your child that if Mommy gets up for a 2 a.m. bg check while Santa is in the house he'll still leave presents.
[ Most Recent Parent Humor | From 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 ]
Use our Letter to the Editor form to send in your addition.
Last Updated: Friday October 23, 2015 15:54:20
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.