Companies around the world are working on better ways to manage diabetes. Universities and other research institutions are working on finding a cure for diabetes and its complications. We provide an outlet for press releases from these organizations, so that you can better understand what they're working on.Recent Press Releases
- Tandem Diabetes Care Reports Successful Completion of First Pilot Study Using t:slim X2 Insulin Pump with TypeZero Hybrid Closed Loop Technology and Dexcom G6 Integration; Confirms IDCL Multi-site Study Timeline.
- Abbott's Revolutionary Continuous Glucose Monitoring System, FreeStyle® Libre, Now Available To Medicare Patients.
- Livongo and Lilly Collaborate on Real-World Diabetes Research.
- Companion Medical Announces U.S. Commercial Launch of Smart Insulin Pen System.
- FDA Approves Sanofi's Admelog® (insulin lispro injection).
- Adocia announces positive topline study results comparing ultra-rapid insulin BioChaperone® Lispro with Novolog® and Fiasp® in people with type 1 diabetes. See also French Biotech’s Type 1 Diabetes Candidate Ready to Battle it Out with Big Pharma.
- JDRF Launches Health Insurance Guide to Help People with Type 1 Diabetes Navigate Common Insurance Challenges.
- Over 122,000 Call on JDRF, ADA to Increase Spending on Type 1 Diabetes Cure Research.
- Adocia Reports Topline Results of BioChaperone® Glucagon Phase 1 Study. See also Biochaperone® Human Glucagon: A Stable Solution of Recombinant Human Glucagon.
- AACE and Endocrine Society Collaborate to Address Insulin Affordability and Access.
- Dexcom Announces Development Agreement with Lilly to Integrate Dexcom CGM into Connected Diabetes Ecosystem.
- In Big Win for JDRF’s Coverage2Control Campaign, Anthem Decides to Cover Artificial Pancreas Systems.
- Study Results: Usability of a Predictive Low Glucose Suspend (PLGS) Feature on a Touchscreen Insulin Pump.
- Helmsley Charitable Trust Awards $52 Million to Support the Global Platform for the Prevention of Autoimmune Diabetes.
- Tandem Diabetes Care to Provide All t:slim X2 Insulin Pump Features Approved in 2018 to Users at No Cost and Expands Existing Dexcom Welcome Offer for Animas Customers.
- One Drop Partners with Fitbit to Bring Diabetes Management Data Insights to Users Worldwide.
- Lilly announces $72 million investment in diabetes manufacturing in Indianapolis.
- Animas Corporation to Close Operations and Exit Insulin Pump Market.
- Novo Nordisk Receives FDA Approval for FiaspÂ®, a New Fast-Acting Mealtime Insulin.
- No More Routine Finger Sticks for Americans with Diabetes: Abbott′s FreeStyleÂ® Libre Approved in the U.S.. See also FDA approves first continuous glucose monitoring system for adults not requiring blood sample calibration and How Abbott's Big Win Crushed DexCom Shares.
- JDRF Funds Zucara Therapeuticsâ€™ Approach to Preventing Hypoglycemia in People with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Sanofi Receives Tentative FDA Approval of AdmelogÂ® (insulin lispro injection) 100 Units/mL. See also FDA Tentatively Approves Sanofiâ€™s New Fast-Acting Insulin Admelog.
- Fitbit and Dexcom to Develop Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) Experience for People Living with Diabetes.
- Insulet Corporation Presents Real-World Clinical Data on the Use of Its OmnipodÂ® Insulin Management System in Approximately 39,000 Patients Using a Cloud-Based Data Management System.
- Tandem Diabetes Care Announces FDA Approval and Launch of t:slim X2 Insulin Pump with Dexcom G5 Mobile CGM Integration.
- Max Domi Set to Light It Up for Canadians Living with Diabetes.
- American Diabetes Association Deeply Concerned with Recent Prescription Drug Formulary Trends.
- JDRF Taps Former Miss America and Renowned Diabetes Advocate Dr. Nicole Johnson as National Director of Mission.
- Tandem Diabetes Care Announces Launch of t:lock Connector for its Insulin Pump Cartridges and Infusion Sets. See also NEW t:lockâ„˘ Connector.
- Tandem Diabetes Care Begins Enrollment in Pivotal Trial for First Touchscreen Insulin Pump with Predictive Low Glucose Suspend (PLGS).
- ViaCyte Announces First Patients Implanted with PEC-Direct Islet Cell Replacement Therapy in International Clinical Trial.
- Abbott and Bigfoot Biomedical Announce Collaboration to Develop Breakthrough Diabetes Technologies.
- 'Neo-Islets', a Major Advance Toward a Functional Cure of Type-1 Diabetes. See also Stem Cell Therapy for Type 1 Diabetes.
- Lilly Diabetes Brings an Extra Splash of Summertime Fun and Inspiration to Diabetes Camps with Launch of Annual Camp Care Package Speaker Tour.
- Phase 2a trial results support development of dasiglucagon in the iLet pump system for type 1 diabetes.
- Medtronic deal with Aetna ties insulin pump payment to patient results.
To have your press release included on this page, send an e-mail to . Please be sure to include contact information in case we have questions. We reserve the right to include only those press releases that are consistent with our editorial positions.
Last Updated: Wednesday January 17, 2018 19:47:39
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.