Companies around the world are working on better ways to manage diabetes. Universities and other research institutions are working on finding a cure for diabetes and its complications. We provide an outlet for press releases from these organizations, so that you can better understand what they're working on.Recent Press Releases
- Helmsley Charitable Trust and Akston Biosciences Corporation Announce Partnership to Advance Novel Technology to Treat Type 1 Diabetes.
- New Research Identifies Novel Target for Controlling Immune Response to Implanted Materials.
- Tandem Diabetes Care Launches First Ever Remote Software Update for Insulin Pump using a Personal Computer.
- Beyond Type 1 Provides Grant to ViaCyte to Support Research and Development of Cell Replacement Therapies for T1D.
- Insulet Presents Strong Omnipod® Horizon™ Hybrid Closed-Loop Study Results at ATTD in Paris.
- American Diabetes Association® Launches Online Hub for Insulin Affordability Advocates.
- Data Presented at ATTD 2017 Demonstrate Clinical Advantages of Tandem Diabetes Care Sensor-augmented Pump (SAP) over Medtronic MiniMed SAPs.
- T1D Exchange Investment -- Bigfoot Biomedical.
- American Diabetes Association Announces $9.75 million to Six Leading Researchers for the 2017 Pathway to Stop Diabetes Research Grants.
- Four pivotal NIH-funded artificial pancreas research efforts begin.
- Industry Leaders Ascensia Diabetes Care And Glooko Announce Diabetes Technology Partnership To Deliver Integrated Diabetes Data Solutions.
- JDRF Expresses Profound Loss at the Passing of Actress Mary Tyler Moore, Longtime Champion of the Community Living with Type 1 Diabetes.
- JDRF Launches Early-Stage Investment Fund to Catalyze Development of Commercial Type 1 Diabetes Therapies.
- City of Hope sets new goal for type 1 diabetes cure. See also The Wanek Family Project to Cure Type 1 Diabetes.
- Lexicon Reports Positive Top-line Results In Second Pivotal Phase 3 Study For Sotagliflozin In Patients With Type 1 Diabetes.
- FDA Approval of DexcomÃs Non-Adjunctive Indication Triggers a New Era in Diabetes Management. The Dexcom G5 Mobile CGM System is the first and only medical device that is FDA-approved for making daily diabetes decisions without painful finger pricks. See also FDA expands indication for continuous glucose monitoring system, first to replace fingerstick testing for diabetes treatment decisions.
- Bionic pancreas system successfully controls blood sugar without risk of hypoglycemia.
- Novo Nordisk Receives FDA Approval of TresibaÃ† (insulin degludec injection 100 U/mL, 200 U/mL) for Use in Children and Adolescents With Diabetes. See also Tresiba gets FDA approval to treat children with type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- OneTouch VibeÃ´ Plus Insulin Pump Earns FDA Approval and Health Canada License and is First Pump Integrated with the Dexcom G5Ã† Mobile Continuous Glucose Monitor.
- Lilly Announces Program to Provide Insulin at Discounted Prices.
- ONE DROP Announces FDA Clearance and ONE DROP | Premium Launch in US, UK, and EU.
- Genteel: â€šÃ„ÃºFor Those with Diabetes, Painful Blood Sugar Checks Are Now a Thing of the Pastâ€šÃ„Ã¹.
- Ascensia Diabetes Care Receives FDA Clearance for the App-Enabled CONTOURÂ¬Ã†NEXT ONE Blood Glucose Monitoring System.
- Dexcom One Step Ahead Foundation: A Dexcom Employees Foundation Awards First Grants to Diabetes Advocacy Organizations.
- Livongo Glucose Meter Delivers First Over-the-Air Capabilities to Industry.
- With Health Canada approval, Dexcom G5Â¬Ã† Mobile CGM System is the First and Only Medical Device in North America for Making Daily Diabetes Decisions Without Painful Fingersticks.
- NIH-funded International Diabetes Closed Loop (IDCL) Trial to Combine Technologies from Tandem Diabetes Care, Dexcom and TypeZero.
- BD Collaborates with JDRF to Focus on Extended Wear Innovations for Insulin Infusion Delivery.
- Diabetes Research Institute's Alberto Pugliese, M.D. was Awarded the J. Enloe and Eugenia J. Dodson Chair in Diabetes Research.
- Bigfoot Biomedical Raises $35.5 Million in Series A Financing.
- Diabetes innovator announces technical breakthrough to launch intelligent insulin delivery for everyone.
- Michael Sefton receives $1.1M from JDRF for type 1 diabetes research.
- T1D Exchange Initiates Multimillion Dollar Investment in Automated Insulin Delivery Technologies.
- Abbott Receives FDA Approval for the FreeStyle Libre Proâ€šÃ‘Â¢ System, a Revolutionary Diabetes Sensing Technology for Healthcare Professionals to Use with Their Patients.
To have your press release included on this page, send an e-mail to . Please be sure to include contact information in case we have questions. We reserve the right to include only those press releases that are consistent with our editorial positions.
Last Updated: Wednesday March 22, 2017 17:48:11
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.