Companies around the world are working on better ways to manage diabetes. Universities and other research institutions are working on finding a cure for diabetes and its complications. We provide an outlet for press releases from these organizations, so that you can better understand what they're working on.
Press Releases from 2007
23 December 2007
- WTT, Novo Nordisk team up to offer scholarships to young tennis players with diabetes.
9 December 2007
- Diabetes Research Institute Foundation Connects Families Of Newly Diagnosed Children With Mentors.
2 December 2007
- The American Diabetes Association Expands Commitment; Tesch West, ADA's National Youth Advocate, emphasizes the critical need for support and resources. See also PlanetD.
25 November 2007
- Diamyd Executes Agreement With Us National Institutes Of Health For A Type 1 Diabetes Trial With The Experimental DiamydÂ® Diabetes Vaccine.
18 November 2007
- DexComâ„˘ Receives FDA Approval to Calibrate Its SEVENâ„˘ Continuous Glucose Monitoring System Using Any FDA Cleared Blood Glucose Meter; Approval allows patients to manually enter calibration data directly into the Sevenâ„˘.
- Medtronic Mediterranean Launches World's First Arabic-language Integrated Insulin Therapy For Improved Diabetes Management.
11 November 2007
- Animas Corporation expands product line with introduction of insetâ„˘ 30, the world's first all-in-one angled insulin infusion set and inserter.
- New Web Site Tools Help Alleviate Stress Associated with Caring for Children with Diabetes During the Holidays.
- Abbott Responds Regarding FreeStyle Navigator.
4 November 2007
- Aleritas Announces Brand Name V-Goâ„˘ for Disposable Insulin Delivery Device Simple-to-Use V-Goâ„˘ Utilizes the Valeritas h-Patchâ„˘ Technology.
- Altea Therapeutics Announces Positive Clinical Results for its Basal Insulin Transdermal Patch in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes.
21 October 2007
- Johnson & Johnson Launches Global Diabetes Institute to Provide State-of-The-Art Education, Training to Health Professionals.
- UCDHSC Researchers Discover Antibody Used to Detect Diabetes.
- Joslin Diabetes Center's Amy Campbell, MS, RD, LDN, CDE to Provide Diabetes Insight to CalorieKing.
14 October 2007
- FDA Approves SYMLIN Pen-Injector Devices Offering Convenience and Accuracy for SYMLIN Use.
7 October 2007
- USF center of 10-year international study to determine cause of juvenile diabetes.
- Joslin Researchers Uncover Potential Role of Leptin in Diabetes.
30 September 2007
- More than eight decades since its discovery, insulin is still not reaching many who require it to live.
- Diamyd Diabetes Vaccine Effective for at Least 21 Months.
23 September 2007
- Novo Nordisk and IDF present the impact of childhood diabetes.
- One Year Study of Exenatide Treatment Showed Improved Beta-Cell Function.
9 September 2007
- Alba Therapeutics Announces IND for Beta Cell Preservation in Type 1 Diabetes using AT-1001.
19 August 2007
- 21-month Findings From DiamydÂ® Type 1 Diabetes Trial To Be Presented At An International Diabetes Conference In Berlin8/17/2007.
12 August 2007
- Macrogenics Begins Global Phase 2/3 ProtĂ©gĂ© Study In Recent-onset Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
5 August 2007
- Stephen Covey, Author Of The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective PeopleÂ®, Applies His Principles To Managing Diabetes. See also AADE 7 Self Care Behaviors.
29 July 2007
- Thomas D. Stern Elected National Chairman Of Diabetes Research Institute Foundation.
- Insulin Pumps Market Witnessing Robust Growth -- Sales to Touch $2.8 Billion by 2010, According to New Report by Global Industry Analysts, Inc.
22 July 2007
- Medtronic Insulin Pumps and MRIs. See also If You've Exposed Your Paradigm Pump to an MRI, You Need to Read This. (Note: no one should bring an insulin pump -- or anything else with metal -- into an MRI room.)
8 July 2007
- Lilly, International Diabetes Federation and American Diabetes Association announce U.S. launch of "Inspired by Diabetes" Creative Expression Competition. See also the Inspired by Diabetes web site to participate.
1 July 2007
- Cord blood may preserve insulin levels in children with type 1 diabetes. If you would like to participate in this study, the University of Florida is seeking kids newly diagnosed with type 1 diabetes who had their cord blood banked for a study about Cord Blood and Diabetes.
- DiObex Announces Clinical Results of VLD(TM)-Glucagon for Nocturnal Hypoglycemia at the 67th Annual Scientific Sessions of the American Diabetes Association.
17 June 2007
- In Mice, Drug Protects against Diabetes and Atherosclerosis.
- Novel Delivery Method Of Insulin Gene To Combat Juvenile Diabetes Developed.
10 June 2007
- FDA Approves Continuous 7-Day Glucose Monitoring System.
3 June 2007
- Dexcomâ„˘ Receives FDA Approval For Its 7-Day STSÂ® Continuous Glucose Monitoring System.
- Study tests oral insulin to prevent type 1 diabetes. For more information see Oral Insulin for Prevention of Diabetes in Relatives at Risk for Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus at the TrialNet web site.
- Another world-first for LCT's xeno facilities.
6 May 2007
- Novo Nordisk inaugurates Latin Americaâ€™s largest insulin plant in Brazil.
- FDA Approves SoloSTARÂ® - A New Prefilled Disposable Insulin Pen For Use With LANTUSÂ® In People With Type 1 And Type 2 Diabetes.
29 April 2007
- Keeping Kids With Diabetes Safe at School: Non-Medical Staff Can Do the Job, Study Shows is about the ADA's Safe at School program.
- Bayer Diabetes Care Announces Winner Of $100,000 4th Annual Bayer Dream Fundâ„˘ Contest; Applications to Win Your Dream Now Being Accepted for 2007 Competition.
- Canadian Diabetes Association Applauds Newfoundland Labrador Budget Commitment to Children Living with Diabetes.
22 April 2007
- Abbott Announces FDA Clearance and Launch of New FreeStyle Liteâ„˘ Blood Glucose Monitoring System.
- Disposable Insulin Nanopump from Debiotech and STMicroelectronics Marks Major Breakthrough in Diabetes Treatment.
15 April 2007
- Basic research study creates new treatment protocol to â€śre-educateâ€ť immune system and prevent beta cell destruction.
- Autoimmune disease triggered if T cells miss a single protein early on.
1 April 2007
- OneTouchÂ® Meter Upgrade Offered To OneTouchÂ® Users At No Charge.
- Medtronic Launches New GuardianÂ® Real-time System With Miniature Transmitter And Carelinkâ„˘ Personal Software.
- FDA Approves New Medtronic Continuous Glucose Monitoring Devices For Children And Teenagers.
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists Recognizes NBA Rookie Adam Morrison for His Commitment to Raising Diabetes Awareness.
- JANUVIA Approved in EU for Type 2 Diabetes.
25 March 2007
- Animas Corporation Introduces Its Next Generation Insulin Pump.
- Budget funding for MedicAlert will protect 10,000 Canadian children.
11 March 2007
- Jonas Brothers Band Member Reveals He Has Diabetes at Diabetes Research Institute Fundraiser.
4 March 2007
- One Soldier's Diabetes Battle in Iraq; Incredible story of one soldier's dedication and determination on dLifeTV.
25 February 2007
- Lilly Introduces World's First Digital Insulin Pen With Memory. See also the HumaPen MEMOIR web page.
11 February 2007
- Statement Of The American Diabetes Association On The Administration's Proposal To Flatten Diabetes Research And Prevention Funding In FY08.
- Adults With Diabetes Head to Summer Camp.
4 February 2007
- Study Tests Oral Insulin to Prevent Type 1 Diabetes.
- LCT to start clinical trial of Type 1 diabetes treatment.
- The Results Are in - a Video Game That Improves Your Health.
28 January 2007
- 150 Children from Across the Country Selected to Visit Washington, D.C. as Delegates to JDRF's Children's Congress 2007.
21 January 2007
- World TeamTennis accepting applications for Novo Nordisk Donnelly Award scholarships.
- Diabetech® To Transform Global Diabetes Care in 2007 with Launch of GlucoMON®2 Wireless Glucose Meter.
14 January 2007
- Mobile Bluetooth Blood Glucose Meter.
- Diabetes Drug Shows Promise for Preventing Brain Injury from Radiation Therapy.
To have your press release included on this page, please use our Feedback Form. Please be sure to include contact information in case we have questions. We reserve the right to include only those press releases that are consistent with our editorial positions.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Tuesday December 13, 2016 13:17:15
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.