Companies around the world are working on better ways to manage diabetes. Universities and other research institutions are working on finding a cure for diabetes and its complications. We provide an outlet for press releases from these organizations, so that you can better understand what they're working on.
Press Releases from 2014
31 December 2014
- Ford Motor Company to Sell New Shelby GT350 Mustang at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Auction to Benefit JDRF.
24 December 2014
- One in Every Three People with Type 1 Diabetes Produces Insulin Years Post-Diagnosis.
- New standards of care from the American Diabetes Association.
17 December 2014
- Expansion of Groundbreaking Pilot Study May Result in Major Advances in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Healthline Welcomes DiabetesMine.
3 December 2014
- AnimasĀ® Vibe Insulin Pump and Continuous Glucose Monitoring System Receives FDA Approval.
- The diaTribe Foundation Celebrates its First Anniversary as a Nonprofit.
26 November 2014
- Tandem Diabetes Care Announces Partnership with Tidepool to Further Expand Access to Diabetes Device Data.
19 November 2014
- FDA, EMA Grant Orphan Drug Designation To Xeris' Soluble Glucagon.
- Zealand advances its proprietary stable glucagon analogue for severe hypoglycemia in diabetes into clinical development.
12 November 2014
- FDA Approves Dexcom Software with Artificial Pancreas Algorithm.
- Tandem Diabetes Care Expands Diabetes Data Management Access with Diasend Partnership.
5 November 2014
- #WalkWithD Social Media Campaign Drives Donation to IDF's Life for a Child Program for Every Hashtag Mention in November.
8 October 2014
- AnimasĀ® VibeĀ® Insulin Pump and Continuous Glucose Monitoring System Now Approved for Children with Type 1 Diabetes in Canada.
1 October 2014
- Medtronic showcases smartphone-enabled continuous glucose monitoring.
17 September 2014
- Diabetes researchers find faster way to create insulin-producing cells.
10 September 2014
- Clinical Trial To Test Safety of Stem Cell-Derived Therapy for Type 1 Diabetes. See also ViaCyte starts diabetes trial.
- Report calls for a new national approach to insulin pump therapy and related new technology for type 1 diabetes.
27 August 2014
- FDA allows marketing of first ZnT8Ab autoantibody test to help diagnose type 1 diabetes.
20 August 2014
- Type 1 Diabetes Treatment Funded by California Stem Cell Agency Cleared To Begin Clinical Trial. See also JDRF Partner ViaCyte to Immediately Initiate Type 1 Diabetes Clinical Trial and the JDRF: Encapsulation video.
30 July 2014
- American Diabetes Association Announces Interim CEO.
23 July 2014
- JDRF Partner ViaCyte Announces Key Project Milestone to Advance Innovative Encapsulated Cell Replacement Therapy Product for Type 1 Diabetes. See also NewsFlash: Band-Aid Sized Encapsulation Device Goes to FDA!
- JDRF appoints Derek Rapp as new President & CEO.
16 July 2014
- Novartis to license Google "smart lens" technology.
25 June 2014
- Diabetes Scholars Foundation Announces 2014 Scholarship Recipients; Lilly Diabetes grants $200,000 for scholarships.
11 June 2014
- Joslin Diabetes Center Introduces Joslin Institute for Technology Translation (JITT); Dexcom, Inc. signs on as first JITT Founding Member.
4 June 2014
- The first and only real-time professional CGM, the Dexcom G4® PLATINUM Professional Continuous Glucose Monitoring System (CGM) Receives FDA Approval.
- Medtronic Begins Initial European Market Launch of World's First Combined Glucose Sensor and Insulin Infusion Set for People with Diabetes.
7 May 2014
- Helmsley Charitable Trust Grant Awarded to Children with Diabetes.
23 April 2014
- Overnight home use of artificial pancreas āfeasible and beneficialā. See also Breakthrough JDRF-funded artificial pancreas study welcomed as new data reveals people with type 1 diabetes average ten hypos a week.
9 April 2014
- Lilly and T1D Exchange Announce Research Collaboration to Inform Development of New Initiatives to Advance Diabetes Care.
12 March 2014
- More than Half of People with Type 1 Diabetes Expect a Cure in the Next Decade.
- Biodel Announces Commercial Manufacturing Agreement With Emergent BioSolutions for Glucagon Rescue Product.
5 March 2014
- Bob Evans FarmsĀ® Continues Fight Against Type 1 Diabetes (T1D) with JDRF Partnership.
26 February 2014
- Type 1 diabetes parents turn to the Internet for support.
5 February 2014
- FDA approves pediatric use of Dexcomās G4 Platinum continuous glucose monitoring system. See also Innovative Dexcom G4Ā® PLATINUM Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM) Receives FDA Approval for Use in Children Ages 2 to 17 Years and Dexcom G4 Platinum for Kids.
29 January 2014
- Asante and Tidepool form the first partnership to bring insulin pump data to an open source platform.
22 January 2014
- Joslin Diabetes Center Teams with Glooko on Next Generation Diabetes Management Solution.
- Dexcom's Innovative Diabetes Monitoring Device Recognized For Outstanding Achievement at Consumer Electronics Show (CES).
To have your press release included on this page, please use our Feedback Form. Please be sure to include contact information in case we have questions. We reserve the right to include only those press releases that are consistent with our editorial positions.
Last Updated: Tuesday December 13, 2016 13:17:46
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.