Companies around the world are working on better ways to manage diabetes. Universities and other research institutions are working on finding a cure for diabetes and its complications. We provide an outlet for press releases from these organizations, so that you can better understand what they're working on.
Press Releases from 2017
20 December 2017
- Companion Medical Announces U.S. Commercial Launch of Smart Insulin Pen System.
13 December 2017
- FDA Approves Sanofi's Admelog® (insulin lispro injection).
- Adocia announces positive topline study results comparing ultra-rapid insulin BioChaperone® Lispro with Novolog® and Fiasp® in people with type 1 diabetes. See also French Biotech’s Type 1 Diabetes Candidate Ready to Battle it Out with Big Pharma.
6 December 2017
- JDRF Launches Health Insurance Guide to Help People with Type 1 Diabetes Navigate Common Insurance Challenges.
- Over 122,000 Call on JDRF, ADA to Increase Spending on Type 1 Diabetes Cure Research.
- Adocia Reports Topline Results of BioChaperone® Glucagon Phase 1 Study. See also Biochaperone® Human Glucagon: A Stable Solution of Recombinant Human Glucagon.
22 November 2017
- AACE and Endocrine Society Collaborate to Address Insulin Affordability and Access.
- Dexcom Announces Development Agreement with Lilly to Integrate Dexcom CGM into Connected Diabetes Ecosystem.
- In Big Win for JDRF’s Coverage2Control Campaign, Anthem Decides to Cover Artificial Pancreas Systems.
15 November 2017
- Study Results: Usability of a Predictive Low Glucose Suspend (PLGS) Feature on a Touchscreen Insulin Pump.
8 November 2017
- Helmsley Charitable Trust Awards $52 Million to Support the Global Platform for the Prevention of Autoimmune Diabetes.
1 November 2017
- Tandem Diabetes Care to Provide All t:slim X2 Insulin Pump Features Approved in 2018 to Users at No Cost and Expands Existing Dexcom Welcome Offer for Animas Customers.
- One Drop Partners with Fitbit to Bring Diabetes Management Data Insights to Users Worldwide.
25 October 2017
- Lilly announces $72 million investment in diabetes manufacturing in Indianapolis.
10 October 2017
- Animas Corporation to Close Operations and Exit Insulin Pump Market.
4 October 2017
- Novo Nordisk Receives FDA Approval for FiaspÂ®, a New Fast-Acting Mealtime Insulin.
- No More Routine Finger Sticks for Americans with Diabetes: Abbott′s FreeStyleÂ® Libre Approved in the U.S.. See also FDA approves first continuous glucose monitoring system for adults not requiring blood sample calibration and How Abbott's Big Win Crushed DexCom Shares.
27 September 2017
- JDRF Funds Zucara Therapeuticsâ€™ Approach to Preventing Hypoglycemia in People with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Sanofi Receives Tentative FDA Approval of AdmelogÂ® (insulin lispro injection) 100 Units/mL. See also FDA Tentatively Approves Sanofiâ€™s New Fast-Acting Insulin Admelog.
13 September 2017
- Fitbit and Dexcom to Develop Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) Experience for People Living with Diabetes.
- Insulet Corporation Presents Real-World Clinical Data on the Use of Its OmnipodÂ® Insulin Management System in Approximately 39,000 Patients Using a Cloud-Based Data Management System.
30 August 2017
- Tandem Diabetes Care Announces FDA Approval and Launch of t:slim X2 Insulin Pump with Dexcom G5 Mobile CGM Integration.
- Max Domi Set to Light It Up for Canadians Living with Diabetes.
23 August 2017
- American Diabetes Association Deeply Concerned with Recent Prescription Drug Formulary Trends.
- JDRF Taps Former Miss America and Renowned Diabetes Advocate Dr. Nicole Johnson as National Director of Mission.
- Tandem Diabetes Care Announces Launch of t:lock Connector for its Insulin Pump Cartridges and Infusion Sets. See also NEW t:lockâ„˘ Connector.
16 August 2017
- Tandem Diabetes Care Begins Enrollment in Pivotal Trial for First Touchscreen Insulin Pump with Predictive Low Glucose Suspend (PLGS).
2 August 2017
- ViaCyte Announces First Patients Implanted with PEC-Direct Islet Cell Replacement Therapy in International Clinical Trial.
19 July 2017
- Abbott and Bigfoot Biomedical Announce Collaboration to Develop Breakthrough Diabetes Technologies.
12 July 2017
- 'Neo-Islets', a Major Advance Toward a Functional Cure of Type-1 Diabetes. See also Stem Cell Therapy for Type 1 Diabetes.
28 June 2017
- Lilly Diabetes Brings an Extra Splash of Summertime Fun and Inspiration to Diabetes Camps with Launch of Annual Camp Care Package Speaker Tour.
- Phase 2a trial results support development of dasiglucagon in the iLet pump system for type 1 diabetes.
- Medtronic deal with Aetna ties insulin pump payment to patient results.
14 June 2017
- Insulet Presents Positive OmnipodÂ® Horizonâ„˘ Hybrid Closed-Loop Study Results in Children.
- Tandem Diabetes Care Presents Findings from Predictive Low Glucose Suspend (PLGS) Feasibility Study and Announces Approval of Investigational Device Exemption (IDE) for Pivotal Trial.
- DexCom Announces FDA Approval of G5 Mobile App for Android Devices.
- Roche Diabetes Care Introduces Blood Glucose Meter and Savings Program Designed to Help the Over 29 Million People Living with Diabetes.
- Leading Health Organizations Announce Launch of Alliance for Transparent & Affordable Prescriptions.
7 June 2017
- Beyond Type 1's Cross Country "Bike Beyond" Program To Kick Off On June 3rd, 2017.
24 May 2017
- JDRF and ViaCyte Announce Support for Development of PEC-Direct Cell Replacement Therapy for Type 1 Diabetes.
17 May 2017
- The College Diabetes Network and JDRF Announce National Partnership.
- Livongo Partners with American Diabetes Association, Beyond Type 1, Diabetes Hands Foundation, and JDRF on New Direct-to-Consumer Diabetes Management Program.
10 May 2017
- Cross-Industry Partnership Reduces The Cost Of Popular Diabetes, Asthma And Other Brand Name Drugs.
3 May 2017
- TetraGenetics Receives Investment from JDRF T1D Fund. See also JDRF T1D Fund Invests in TetraGenetics.
19 April 2017
- Rates of new diagnosed cases of type 1 and type 2 diabetes on the rise among children, teens.
- FDA Approves New Treatment Option for People with Diabetic Retinopathy.
- GeNeuro Initiates Phase 2a Study with GNbAC1 in Type 1 Diabetes in Australia.
12 April 2017
- Life with Type 1 Diabetes Made a Little Easier through Lilly Diabetes Scholarship Donations for Camps, College and Conferences.
- Tandem Diabetes Care Launches New t:connect Diabetes Management Application Portal for Healthcare Providers.
- Government of Canada and JDRF join forces to defeat diabetes.
29 March 2017
- Medicare Announces Criteria Covering Dexcom G5 Mobile CGM for All People with Diabetes on Intensive Insulin Therapy.
- DCU Researchers make significant diabetes finding with 3U Diabetes Consortium.
22 March 2017
- Helmsley Charitable Trust and Akston Biosciences Corporation Announce Partnership to Advance Novel Technology to Treat Type 1 Diabetes.
- New Research Identifies Novel Target for Controlling Immune Response to Implanted Materials.
15 March 2017
- Tandem Diabetes Care Launches First Ever Remote Software Update for Insulin Pump using a Personal Computer.
1 March 2017
- Beyond Type 1 Provides Grant to ViaCyte to Support Research and Development of Cell Replacement Therapies for T1D.
22 February 2017
- Insulet Presents Strong OmnipodÂ® Horizonâ„˘ Hybrid Closed-Loop Study Results at ATTD in Paris.
15 February 2017
- American Diabetes AssociationÂ® Launches Online Hub for Insulin Affordability Advocates.
- Data Presented at ATTD 2017 Demonstrate Clinical Advantages of Tandem Diabetes Care Sensor-augmented Pump (SAP) over Medtronic MiniMed SAPs.
- T1D Exchange Investment -- Bigfoot Biomedical.
- American Diabetes Association Announces $9.75 million to Six Leading Researchers for the 2017 Pathway to Stop Diabetes Research Grants.
8 February 2017
- Four pivotal NIH-funded artificial pancreas research efforts begin.
- Industry Leaders Ascensia Diabetes Care And Glooko Announce Diabetes Technology Partnership To Deliver Integrated Diabetes Data Solutions.
1 February 2017
- JDRF Expresses Profound Loss at the Passing of Actress Mary Tyler Moore, Longtime Champion of the Community Living with Type 1 Diabetes.
- JDRF Launches Early-Stage Investment Fund to Catalyze Development of Commercial Type 1 Diabetes Therapies.
18 January 2017
- City of Hope sets new goal for type 1 diabetes cure. See also The Wanek Family Project to Cure Type 1 Diabetes.
- Lexicon Reports Positive Top-line Results In Second Pivotal Phase 3 Study For Sotagliflozin In Patients With Type 1 Diabetes.
To have your press release included on this page, please use our Feedback Form. Please be sure to include contact information in case we have questions. We reserve the right to include only those press releases that are consistent with our editorial positions.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Wednesday December 27, 2017 17:41:50
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.