BC | NB | NL | ON | QC
Support Groups in New Brunswick, Canada
Who are we?
We are parents of diabetic children who have formed a support group to help other diabetic families in need of support. We are there to give a helping hand and a friendly ear. Please feel welcomed to contact us. We would be very happy to help you.
What do we do?
- We offer moral support to families with diabetic children.
- We are a bilingual support group, offering French and English language support.
- We have a committee who visits newly diagnosed diabetic patients at the hospital, with consent.
- We organize different activities for the children as well as for their parents.
- We help families find the support they may require on diabetes related matters.
- We provide information on local organizations such as the Sick Children's Fund, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and the Canadian Diabetes camp.
Activities we organize:
Three or four times a year, we like to organize activities for the diabetic children and their families, such as:
- Pool and pizza parties
- Halloween parties
- Winter outing day
- Brunch (our annual fund raiser)
- Wine & Cheese (Educational sessions for the parents and/or care-givers)
- Seminars by diabetes equipment suppliers
- Wine & cheese with guest speakers
The information sessions are great opportunities to learn and to talk to other parents of diabetic children. We invite a guest speakers who will discuss various topics related to the care of diabetes, whether it is the medical aspect, the diet aspect, etc. These evenings are always very informative as well as fun.
Educational Support Materials:
We are helping to set up a library of books related to diabetes and its care at both local hospital. We can also share information on various newsletters and magazines published about the care of diabetes.
Pierre & Belinda Gagne
blrgagne AT hotmail.com
Gerry & Paulette Allain
gallain AT nbnet.nb.ca
> Back to Support Groups
To have your group's information and events highlighted in these pages, use our Feedback Form.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Wednesday February 21, 2018 15:59:49
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.