Of Continuing Interest
- CWD's Friends for Life: Orlando 2010 International Conference, to be held at the Orlando World Center Marriott in Orlando, Florida from June 29 – July 4, 2010, begins next week. Online registration is closed. Onsite registration begins on Tuesday, June 29th.
- Make plans to attend CWD's Friends for Life Canada: Vancouver 2010 conference, to be held at the Renaissance Vancouver Hotel Harbourside in Vancouver, BC, Canada from August 27-29, 2010. The Diabetes Scholars Foundation is offering family scholarships for CWD's Friends for Life Canada: Vancouver 2010 conference.
- Make plans to attend CWD's Focus on Technology: Charlotte 2010, to be held at the Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel in Charlotte, North Carolina, from September 3-5, 2010. The Diabetes Scholars Foundation is offering family scholarships for CWD's Focus on Technology: Charlotte 2010 conference.
- CWD's Friends for Life: UK 2010 Conference, to be held at the Beaumont House Hotel and Conference Venue in Old Windsor, Berkshire, England from October 29-31, 2010, is sold out. If you would like to be on the waiting list in case space becomes available, please contact Laura Billetdeaux at .
- Make plans to attend CWD's Family Support Weekend, to be held at the Marriott Marco Island Resort in Marco Island, Florida from December 30, 2010 - January 1, 2011.
New This Week
- Team Type 1 Takes 1st in Race Across America 8-Person Category.
- Announcing The Winners of the 2010 DiabetesMine™ Design Challenge.
- Last week's poll asked our readers about themselves. This week's poll asks readers if they have their most recent basal rates, insulin-to-carb ratios, and correction factors written down.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Type 1 Diabetes: A Guide for Children, Adolescents and Young Adults -- and Their Caregivers by Ragnar Hanas, M.D.
- Type 2 Diabetes and Double Diabetes is Worth a Look.
- This week's Humorous Tidbit is:
My elder daughter had our baby books out today, and was looking at the page showing the information collected when they were born. "Hey Mum," she shouted, "Rachel was 2860 gms (6lb 5oz), how many carbs was she?"
- You know you're the parent of a child with diabetes when your six year old runs to the bathroom yelling "I've got to go Type 2!" See more parent humor.
Featured Diabetes Team Question of the Week
- The Featured Ask the Diabetes Team Question of the Week is:
My son's endocrinologist is leaving and has recommended a pediatrician that specializes in diabetes, a diabetologist. What does this mean? I am more comfortable with an endocrinologist.
See the answer.
From the CWD Forums
- From the CWD Forums:
How to deal with cereal spikes?
Quilt for Life
- The Quilt for Life has 719 panels and will be shown next week at CWD's Friends for Life: Orlando 2010 conference.
- Testing Underway to Prevent Type 1 Diabetes.
Studies and Surveys
- Families in the Cincinnati area are need for a new study on Type 1 Diabetes and Depression: A Study for Teens and Their Families.
Products and Books
- Insulin Dose Calculator Pro is in the iTunes store.
- Anti-CD3 monoclonal antibody treatment in newly diagnosed Type 1 diabetes patients: a hypothetical modelling analysis.
- Entities and frequency of neonatal diabetes: data from the diabetes documentation and quality management system (DPV).
- Age-period-cohort Analysis Of 1990-2003 Incidence Time Trends Of Childhood Diabetes In Italy: The RIDI Study.
- Genetic Defect Tied to Autoimmune Diseases.
- Insulin peptide may point to a solution for type 1 diabetes.
- Gene therapy reverses type 1 diabetes in mice.
- The mediating role of extreme peer orientation in the relationships between adolescent-parent relationship and diabetes management.
- Health-related quality of life (HRQoL) of children with type 1 diabetes mellitus (T1DM): self and parental perceptions.
- Depressive symptoms and unmet psychological needs of Dutch youth with type 1 diabetes: results of a web-survey.
- Does diabetes-related distress explain the presence of depressive symptoms and/or poor self-care in individuals with Type 1 diabetes?
- What do Youth with Type 1 Diabetes Know about the HbA1c Test?
- Is bedtime supper necessary for older children with diabetes using glargine insulin in multiple daily injection regimens?
- Influence of the treatment with continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (CSII) in the improvement of the quality of life of patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Frequency of biochemical hypoglycaemia in adults with Type 1 diabetes with and without impaired awareness of hypoglycaemia: no identifiable differences using continuous glucose monitoring.
- Evolutionary and functional analysis of celiac risk loci reveals SH2B3 as a protective factor against bacterial infection.
- The Role of Capsule Endoscopy in Suspected Celiac Disease Patients with Positive Celiac Serology.
- Searching for wheat plants with low toxicity in celiac disease: Between direct toxicity and immunologic activation.
- Beer maker, brewery join forces to go gluten-free.
Diabetes in the Popular Press
- USF launches initiative for young diabetics.
- Artificial Pancreas Gets Real.
- Poorly girl's fight for £6.50-a-day monitor.
- Dreaming Despite Diabetes: Canadian country music star George Canyon visits Rutledge's Camp Kudzu.
- A Father's Inspiration Helps Charlie Kimball Race With Diabetes.
- Olympian inspires kids at diabetes camp.
- Bitter medicine after tow.
- Diabetic girl, 6, has life saved four times a WEEK by dog which knows when she needs insulin.
- Tyler's Guide for a Successful Vacation.
- Thank-you party fetes donors, volunteers.
- Why I Eat Like A Caveman.
- Diamyd Medical Signs Agreement for Diabetes Therapy. See also Ortho-McNeil-Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Enters Agreement to Develop and Commercialize Antigen-Based Therapy for Type 1 Diabetes.
- JDRF Names Jeffrey Brewer as President & Chief Executive Officer. See also Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation names new president and CEO.
- Nick Jonas to be National Chair of JDRF's Walk to Cure Diabetes.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Wednesday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. You can also unsubscribe there. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site and in diabetes.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:27:38
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.