Of Continuing Interest
- Make plans to attend CWD's Family Support Weekend, to be held at the Marriott Marco Island Resort in Marco Island, Florida from December 30, 2010 - January 1, 2011.
- Make plans to attend CWD's Focus on Technology: Cincinnati 2011, to be held at the Cincinnati Marriott North at Union Centre in West Chester, Ohio from March 25-27, 2011.
- Diabetes Scholars Foundation Golf Fore Education to be held at Disney's Osprey Ridge Golf Course on Tuesday, July 5, 2011, the day before Friends for Life: Orlando 2011.
- Make plans to attend Friends for Life Annual International Conference 2011 at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida from July 6-10, 2011.
- Make plans to attend CWD's Friends for Life Canada 2011 conference, to be held at the Marriott Toronto Downtown Eaton Centre, Toronto, Canada from July 29-31, 2011.
New This Week
- JDRF's Countdown magazine is now fully digital.
- Last week's poll asked readers how often they get an error when checking their blood glucose level. This week's poll asks readers if they are concerned about their child's ability to pay for diabetes care when they are an adult.
- The Featured Book of the Week is A First Book for Understanding Diabetes by H. Peter Chase, M.D.
- This week's Humorous Tidbit is:
My non-D daughter was writing with a mechanical pencil and constantly having trouble with the lead (the kind you insert at the writing point of the pencil). She said, "Mom, this pencil needs a new lancet!"
- You know you're the parent of a child with diabetes when you can't remember your child's grades, but can recite the A1c and last three blood glucose values any time.
Featured Diabetes Team Question of the Week
- The Featured Ask the Diabetes Team Question of the Week is:
Though tests for celiac have been negative, my 19-year-old daughter is still having some symptoms, even though she is trying to maintain a gluten free diet. Could she have celiac despite the negative results?
See the answer.
From the CWD Forums
- From the CWD Forums:
Contact Detach - need suggestions for best site for a five-year-old
- Ginger Vieira vlogs about Diabetes Burnout.
- Lancing Device Love: Multiclix vs. Delica.
- Nick Jonas - Dishing on Diabetes.
- Making College Diabetes-Friendly; Is Your Campus "D-Certified"?
- Gaining Diabetes Independence.
- Extended evaluation of the safety and efficacy of GAD treatment of children and adolescents with recent-onset type 1 diabetes: a randomised controlled trial.
- Multinational study of subcutaneous model-predictive closed-loop control in type 1 diabetes mellitus: summary of the results.
- Efficacy Determinants of Subcutaneous Microdose Glucagon during Closed-Loop Control.
- Factors influencing the effectiveness of glucagon for preventing hypoglycemia.
- Clinical Performance of Three Bolus Calculators in Subjects with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: A Head-to-Head-to-Head Comparison.
- Neurocognitive Differences Between Drivers with Type 1 Diabetes with and without a Recent History of Recurrent Driving Mishaps.
- Prevalence of Tobacco Use and Association between Cardiometabolic Risk Factors and Cigarette Smoking in Youth with Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Effect of short-term use of a continuous glucose monitoring system with a real-time glucose display and a low glucose alarm on incidence and duration of hypoglycemia in a home setting in type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- The risk factors of ketoacidosis in children with newly diagnosed type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Dose Adjustment for Normal Eating: A qualitative longitudinal exploration of the food and eating practices of type 1 diabetes patients converted to flexible intensive insulin therapy in the UK.
- Glycemic control and perinatal outcomes of pregnancies complicated by type 1 diabetes: influence of continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion and lispro insulin.
- Ovulation rate in adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Antibodies to the Wheat Storage Globulin Glo-3A in Children Before and at Diagnosis of Celiac Disease.
- Students live life with gluten free diets.
- Baker charged over bread labeling.
Diabetes in the Popular Press
- UnitedHealthcare hits some insulin users in the wallet.
- Brothers share more than the usual bonds.
- Students' Youtube Channel Gives Voice to Diabetics .
- Animal truly is best friend for diabetic.
- Ron Santo battled daunting opponent: diabetes.
- Merck to Acquire SmartCells, A JDRF-funded Company.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Wednesday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. You can also unsubscribe there. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site and in diabetes.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:27:39
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.