Of Continuing Interest
- CWD's Focus on Technology conference, to be held at the Philadelphia Marriott West in West Conshohocken, Pennsylvania from February 25-26, 2012. is sold out.
- Make plans to attend CWD's Friends for Life: Orlando 2012 conference, to be held at the Marriott World Center Resort in Orlando, Florida from July 3-8, 2012. Family Scholarships and Young Adult Scholarships are available from the Diabetes Scholars Foundation.
- Scholarships are available for CWD's Friends for Life UK 2012 conference.
Other Stories of Continuing Interest
- Applications for the 2012 Diabetes Scholars Foundation college scholarships are now available.
New This Week
- Last week's poll asked readers how diabetes has impacted their sleep. This week's poll asks readers about which insulin pump they use .
- The Featured Book of the Week is The Little Red Sports Car by Eleanor Troutt, illustrated by J. Chris Price.
- This week's Humorous Tidbit is:
My son was dressed and ready to go in the pool. He also had disconnected his insulin pump. He said, "Mom can you blow up my raft?" I replied, "Sure, honey go get the pump." He came outside with his insulin pump instead of the air pump. I couldn't stop laughing!
- You know you're the parent of a child with diabetes when you find yourself arguing with your daughter because she WON'T eat her ice cream before she goes to bed! See more parent humor.
Featured Diabetes Team Question of the Week
- The Featured Ask the Diabetes Team Question of the Week is:
My daughter used another child's lancing device at school, a drum-like device, which she said she turned. Should I be concerned about blood contamination?
See the answer.
From the CWD Forums
- From the CWD Forums:
How do you handle water parks if you are on the pump?
- The 2012 JDRF Type 1 Diabetes Research Summit will be held on Saturday, February 18, 2012, at the Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center in Bethesda, Maryland. Admission is free, but registration is required.
- The Students with Diabetes National Conference will be held from June 1-3, 2012 at the University of South Florida in Tampa. The registration form is online.
Studies and Surveys
- The Juvenile Diabetes Cure Alliance seeks your input on a brief survey.
- College Living.
- GAD65 antigen therapy in recently diagnosed type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Reversal of Type 1 Diabetes in Mice by Brown Adipose Tissue Transplant.
- Type 1 Diabetes Is Associated With Enterovirus Infection in Gut Mucosa.
- Is the origin of type 1 diabetes in the gut?
- Rising Incidence of Type 1 Diabetes Is Associated With Altered Immunophenotype at Diagnosis.
- Age-related islet autoantibody incidence in offspring of patients with type 1 diabetes.
- Interbirth Interval Is Associated With Childhood Type 1 Diabetes Risk.
- East Africans in Sweden Have a High Risk for Type 1 Diabetes.
- Age-Related Loss of Brain Volume and T2 Relaxation Time in Youth With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Integrating an Automated Diabetes Management System Into the Family Management of Children With Type 1 Diabetes: Results from a 12-month randomized controlled technology trial.
- Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion of Insulin Lispro in Children and Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes.
- A pilot test of a tailored mobile and web-based diabetes messaging system for adolescents.
- Frequency of serological tests positive findings for celiac disease at the first relative of children with celiac disease.
- Maize Prolamins Resistant to Peptic-tryptic Digestion Maintain Immune-recognition by IgA from Some Celiac Disease Patients.
Legal and Legislative
- Bill would require school systems to do more for children with diabetes.
- School Nursing Shortage: A Catch-22 for Families.
Diabetes in the Popular Press
- Rays' Fuld shows heart as his legend grows.
- Rays star Sam Fuld hosts camp for kids with diabetes at USF. See also 'Super Sam' empowers youths
- Wrestlers don’t let diabetes keep them down.
- Cyclists overcome diabetes.
- Baxter woman named semifinalist for national 'Best of You' contest.
- School won't inject diabetic girl.
- Skittles' call goes above and beyond.
- Girl & dog bond over type 1 diabetes.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Wednesday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. You can also unsubscribe there. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site and in diabetes.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:27:43
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.