Of Continuing Interest
- Make plans to attend CWD's Friends for Life: Orlando 2012 conference, to be held at the Marriott World Center Resort in Orlando, Florida from July 3-8, 2012. Family Scholarships and Young Adult Scholarships are available from the Diabetes Scholars Foundation.
- Scholarships are available for CWD's Friends for Life UK 2012 conference.
Other Stories of Continuing Interest
- The Diabetes Scholars Foundation is holding a Howl at the Moon fundraiser on Saturday July 7, 2012, 7:00 pm during CWD's Friends for Life Orlando 2012 conference. Your financial support will help the Diabetes Scholars Foundation to provide scholarships to CWD's conferences and college scholarships to incoming freshmen.
- Applications for the 2012 Diabetes Scholars Foundation college scholarships are now available.
New This Week
- We report on our just-completed Focus on Technology conference in Philadelphia.
- Last week's poll asked readers how they dispose of their "sharp" medical waste at home. This week's poll asks readers if they experience discrimination among family or friends because of their diabetes.
- The Featured Book of the Week is The Ultimate Guide to Accurate Carb Counting by Gary Scheiner, MS, CDE.
- This week's Humorous Tidbit is:
My 11 year old daughter sent me a text from school, "Left bludgeon kit at home." I thought, probably a good thing. I think she meant to send, "Left my blood kit at home."
- You know you're the parent of a child with diabetes when you've ever accidentally used Cake Mate as lip gloss (and it was green!) See more parent humor.
Featured Diabetes Team Question of the Week
- The Featured Ask the Diabetes Team Question of the Week is:
My 12-year-old son often forgets to bolus for his snacks. Is there a way to use his pump or iPod or something else to help remind him to do so?
See the answer.
From the CWD Forums
- From the CWD Forums:
- Camps for kids with diabetes offer a great learning experience. We've updated our list of camps to help you find a camp near you.
Studies and Surveys
- The Juvenile Diabetes Cure Alliance seeks your input on a brief survey.
- Better Late Than Never.
- CWD Conference.
- The Importance of Consistency.
- Timesulin Remembers What You Don’t.
- Summer Job Opportunity For College Student with Type 1 Diabetes.
- The College Diabetes Network has a list of job openings for college students and adults.
- Reversal of Diabetes Through Gene Therapy of Diabetic Rats by Hepatic Insulin Expression via Lentiviral Transduction.
- The Accuracy Benefit of Multiple Amperometric Glucose Sensors in People With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Preexisting Autoantibodies Predict Efficacy of Oral Insulin To Cure Autoimmune Diabetes in Combination With Anti-CD3.
- Effect of the PTPN22 and INS Risk Genotypes on the Progression to Clinical Type 1 Diabetes After the Initiation of beta-cell Autoimmunity.
- Historical data enhances safety supervision system performance in T1DM insulin therapy risk management.
- Glucagon-Like Peptide 1 Recruits Microvasculature and Increases Glucose Use in Muscle via a Nitric Oxide–Dependent Mechanism.
- Arterial Stiffness Is Increased in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes Without Cardiovascular Disease; A potential role of low-grade inflammation.
- The Alteration of Aspart Insulin Pharmacodynamics When Mixed With Detemir Insulin.
- Reduced physical fitness in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Nutritional Strategies to Prevent Hypoglycemia at Exercise in Diabetic Adolescents.
- Effects of Performing Resistance Exercise Before Versus After Aerobic Exercise on Glycemia in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Authoritative Parenting, Parenting Stress, and Self-Care in Pre-Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes.
- In-Hospital Survival Skills Training for Type 1 Diabetes: Perceptions OF Children AND Parents.
- Recreational drug use in type 1 diabetes: an invisible accomplice to poor glycaemic control?
- Study of prevalence of epilepsy in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Frequency of serological tests positive findings for celiac disease at the first relative of children with celiac disease.
- Focus on gluten: Q & A with celiac expert Peter Green.
- Gluten-free Victory in Food Network's 'Cupcake Wars'.
Diabetes in the Popular Press
- US to trial Victoza medication in teens with type 1 diabetes.
- Girl Finds Strength in Fostering Diabetic Dog.
- Henley stepping up on and off the ice.
- Fourth-Grader's Diabetic Alert Dog Will Be Life-Changer.
- Diabetic children and teenagers fitted with insulin pumps.
- Uncovering clues to Type 1 diabetes.
- Study Of Next Step Toward Artificial Pancreas From Medtronic Meets Efficacy Endpoints.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Wednesday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. You can also unsubscribe there. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site and in diabetes.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:27:43
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.