Of Continuing Interest
- Make plans to attend CWD's Friends for Life: Orlando 2012 conference, to be held at the Marriott World Center Resort in Orlando, Florida from July 3-8, 2012. Family Scholarships and Young Adult Scholarships are available from the Diabetes Scholars Foundation.
- Scholarships are available for CWD's Friends for Life UK 2012 conference.
Other Stories of Continuing Interest
- The Diabetes Scholars Foundation is holding a Howl at the Moon fundraiser on Saturday July 7, 2012, 7:00 pm during CWD's Friends for Life Orlando 2012 conference. Your financial support will help the Diabetes Scholars Foundation to provide scholarships to CWD's conferences and college scholarships to incoming freshmen.
- Applications for the 2012 Diabetes Scholars Foundation college scholarships are now available.
New This Week
- Mattia is almost 11 and lives in Italy.
- Last week's poll asked reader if their child's school district trains teachers, coaches and other non-nurse school staff to give insulin. This week's poll asks readers how often they download data from their glucose meter or continuous glucose monitor at home.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Diabetes Through the Looking Glass: Seeing diabetes from your child's perspective by Dr Rachel Besser.
- This week's Humorous Tidbit is:
I am home schooling our 5 year old son, who just went on the pump 5 months ago. Today we were learning about the letter 'S'. He was excited. "I know what begins with 'S'- 'Site change'! I'm sure any other teacher would be more than a little perplexed by this answer.
- You know you're the parent of a child with diabetes when you grab the meter after cutting YOURSELF - that big drop of blood's just too perfect to waste! See more parent humor.
Featured Diabetes Team Question of the Week
- The Featured Ask the Diabetes Team Question of the Week is:
I use NovoRapid and Levemir. I have had lipohypertrophy that slowly disappeared, but I now have crater-like pits on both my abdomen and legs, where I inject insulin. How can I prevent more of these from appearing?
See the answer.
From the CWD Forums
- From the CWD Forums:
How do you deal with tubing?
General Diabetes Information
- Diabetapedia is a new online diabetes dictionary, supported by Sanofi-Aventis. See also Introducing Diabetapedia: Diabetes Doesnt Define You ... So Help Define Diabetes!.
- Children With Diabetes: Philly Conference.
- Medtronic: Designing a Closed Loop System.
- Live Blogging the Diabetes Advocate Forum.
- Medtronic Diabetes Advocate Forum: The Event.
- Oh, High!
Products, Services and Books
- Child's Play: A Teddy Bear to Help Diabetic Kids Master Their Care.
- Neighborhood context and incidence of type 1 diabetes: The SEARCH for Diabetes in Youth Study.
- Longitudinal trends in use and costs of prescription medication in patients with type 1 diabetes: The impact of renal disease.
- Prevalence of gastroparesis-related symptoms in an unselected cohort of patients with Type 1 diabetes.
- Changes in Treatment Adherence and Glycemic Control During the Transition to Adolescence in Type 1 Diabetes.
- An overview of so far published analyses comparating the effectiveness of the treatment with insulin pump and multiple daily injections in type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- The importance of HbA1c and glucose variability in patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes: outcome of continuous glucose monitoring (CGM).
- A flexible diet using an insulin to carbohydrate ratio for adolescents with type 1 diabetes - A pilot study.
- Clinic-Integrated Behavioral Intervention for Families of Youth With Type 1 Diabetes: Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Long-term mortality in people with celiac disease diagnosed in childhood compared with adulthood: a population-based cohort study.
- Event checkmates celiac sufferer.
Diabetes in the Popular Press
- Parents: Educate Yourselves About Type 1 Diabetes.
- Freemans win 50K title at US Championships.
- Finding out I was diabetic.
- 5-year-old's pup can detect diabetes ups and downs.
- Diabetes care standards for children linked to financial penalties (in the UK).
- Lilly Diabetes supports Diabetes Scholars Foundation with $100,000 donation in 2012.
- FDA Approves Levemir® Pregnancy Category Change for Women with Diabetes. See also Levemir Approved For Diabetes During Pregnancy, USA.
- Market Withdrawal Notification For CoZmonitor® Blood Glucose Monitoring System.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Wednesday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. You can also unsubscribe there. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site and in diabetes.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:27:44
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.