Of Continuing Interest
- Make plans to attend CWD's Friends for Life: Orlando 2012 conference, to be held at the Marriott World Center Resort in Orlando, Florida from July 3-8, 2012. Family Scholarships and Young Adult Scholarships are available from the Diabetes Scholars Foundation. Special guests at Friends for Life 2012 include Crystal Bowersox, Jay Hewitt, Charlie Kimball, Kendall Simmons, Phil Southerland, Sebastien Sasseville, Missy Foy, and Mike Fisher.
- Make plans to attend CWD's Friends for Life Canada: Vancouver 2012 conference, to be held from August 24-26, 2012 at the Renaissance Vancouver Hotel Harbourside in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- Make plans to attend CWD's Focus on Technology: Sugar Land 2012 conference, to be held from October 12-14, 2012 at the Sugar Land Marriott Town Square in Sugar Land, Texas.
- Scholarships are available for CWD's Friends for Life UK 2012 conference.
Other Stories of Continuing Interest
- The Diabetes Scholars Foundation is holding a Howl at the Moon fundraiser on Saturday July 7, 2012, 7:00 pm during CWD's Friends for Life Orlando 2012 conference. Your financial support will help the Diabetes Scholars Foundation to provide scholarships to CWD's conferences and college scholarships to incoming freshmen.
New This Week
- Last week's poll asked readers if they've been tested for celiac. This week's poll asks readers about who is primarily responsible for their child's diabetes care.
- The Featured Book of the Week is The Discovery of Insulin by Michael Bliss.
- This week's Humorous Tidbit is:
My ten year old frequently gets nosebleeds during the winter season. She got one while driving home from the doctor's office last week. Before grabbing a Kleenex, she grabbed a test strip. She saw me watching from the rearview mirror as she placed the test strip in her nose. Her reply to my look of confusion: "Since my nose is freely giving up the blood, I thought I could save myself a finger prick!"
- You know you're the parent of a child with diabetes when you get an advertisement online saying that they have the perfect pump and you wonder, "Animas or Medtronic?", only to find out it is a shoe store advertisement. See more parent humor.
Featured Diabetes Team Question of the Week
- The Featured Ask the Diabetes Team Question of the Week is:
What low/no carbohydrate drinks do you recommend that do not contain dangerous chemicals such as aspartame?
See the answer.
From the CWD Forums
- From the CWD Forums:
Summer pods anyone? Awesome deal.
Quilt for Life
- The Quilt for Life now has 729 panels. The next showing of the Quilt is at CWD's Friends for Life Orlando 2012 conference.
- You Are.
- The PWD's best tool: It's called a "Friend."
- FDA to OK Insulin Without a Prescription? Or ...?
- Differential regulation of embryonic and adult beta cell replication. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Beta cell function and BMI in ethnically diverse children with newly diagnosed autoimmune type 1 diabetes.
- Low carbohydrate diet in type 1 diabetes, long-term improvement and adherence: A clinical audit. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Driving safety: concerns and experiences of parents of adolescent drivers with type 1 diabetes.
- Safety and patient perception of an insulin pen with simple memory function for children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes - the REMIND study.
- Long-term health outcomes in children born to mothers with diabetes: a population-based cohort study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- An exploratory randomised controlled trial using short messaging service to facilitate insulin administration in young adults with type 1 diabetes.
- Family and Youth Factors Associated With Health Beliefs and Health Outcomes in Youth With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Lack of association between seroconversion and catch-up growth in children with celiac disease.
- Impact of an Active Patient Education Program on Gastrointestinal Symptoms in Women With Celiac Disease Following a Gluten-Free Diet: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Detoxification of gluten by means of enzymatic treatment.
- Gluten and gluten-free: issues and considerations of labeling regulations, detection methods, and assay validation.
- Making Sense of the Gluten-Free Food Frenzy.
- Formulating Gluten-Free Products.
Diabetes in the Popular Press
- Researchers Offer Free Screening For Relatives Of Type 1 Diabetes Patients.
- Telus Walk to Cure Diabetes gives hope to patients with type 1 diabetes.
- Taking control of Type 1 diabetes - endo days.
- In My Shoes: Learning more about Type 1 diabetes.
- Kenya: Safaricom Donates Sh5 Million for Diabetes Walk.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Wednesday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. You can also unsubscribe there. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site and in diabetes.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:27:44
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.