Of Continuing Interest
- Make plans to attend Friends for Life 2015, to be held at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort from Monday, July 6th, through Sunday, July 12th, 2015. Our hotel block is open for reservations and conference registration is open.
New This Week
- Registration for Friends for Life 2015 is now open.
- Last week's poll asked readers when they think type 1 diabetes will be cured. This week's poll asks readers when they last cleaned their glucose meter.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Gluten Freedom by Alessio Fasano, MD.
- This week's Humorous Tidbit is:
My non-D daughter was writing with a mechanical pencil and constantly having trouble with the lead (the kind you insert at the writing point of the pencil). She said, "Mom, this pencil needs a new lancet!"
- You know you're the parent of a child with diabetes when your child refers to sequel movies as "Type 2." See more parent humor.
Featured Diabetes Team Question of the Week
- The Featured Ask the Diabetes Team Question of the Week is:
I have had type 1 for 21 years. My son is close to a diagnosis of "prediabetes." What do you suggest we do to keep the disease from progressing?
See the answer.
From the CWD Forums
- From the CWD Forums:
Quick spike after low
Support and Advocacy
- Join a live interview with Cynthia Rice update on #MedicareCoverCGM on Wednesday, December 10th from 4-6 pm Eastern.
- A Future Free from T1D.
Diabetes Blogs and Social Media
- A Wicked Rash.
- When Type 1 Diabetes is Too Much for a Child to Bear.
- My Story: When Diabetes Burnout Strikes by Kelly Kuni.
Products, Services and Books
- The AnimasĀ® Vibeā¢ System, which combines an Animas insulin pump with a Dexcom G4 sensor, is now available in the US for adults 18 and older.
- Our friends at diaTribe want to help you get and stay fit by giving you the chance to win a free Fitness Tracker. Enter to win your choice of a Fitbit Flex or Jawbone Up fitness tracker, and increase your chances by encouraging others to join to get more bonus prizes! Plus, you'll also receive some of the latest news in diabetes and obesity from diaTribe as well -- a win-win! The giveaway starts on October 28th and runs until December 15th. You can check out their giveaway and enter at www.diatribe.org/getfit.
- Comparison of dual-hormone artificial pancreas, single-hormone artificial pancreas, and conventional insulin pump therapy for glycaemic control in patients with type 1 diabetes: an open-label randomised controlled crossover trial.
- Assessing Sensor Accuracy for Non-Adjunct Use of Continuous Glucose Monitoring.
- Cesarean Section and Chronic Immune Disorders.
- Enterovirus persistence as a mechanism in the pathogenesis of type 1 diabetes.
- Enteroviruses, hygiene and type 1 diabetes: toward a preventive vaccine.
- Comparison of breath gases, including acetone, with blood glucose and blood ketones in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- A meta-analysis of the relative risk of mortality for type 1 diabetes patients compared to the general population: exploring temporal changes in relative mortality. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Single-dose new insulin glargine 300 U.mL-1 provides prolonged, stable glycaemic control in Japanese and European people with type 1 diabetes.
- Low within- and between-day variability in exposure to new insulin glargine 300 U.mL-1.
- School performance in children with type 1 diabetes: a contemporary population-based study.
- Inflammation in childhood type 1 diabetes; influence of glycemic control.
- Breastfeeding practices in women with type 1 diabetes: A discussion of the psychosocial factors and policies in Sweden and Australia.
- Predictors for pregnancy outcomes in Romanian women with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: a prospective study.
- Adolescents and young adults with type 1 diabetes display a high prevalence of endothelial dysfunction.
- Association of salivary triglycerides and cholesterol with dental caries in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Premature Ejaculation Is Associated with Glycemic Control in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Diabetic euglycemic ketoacidosis in newly diagnosed type 1 diabetes mellitus during Ramadan fasting.
- Risk of low bone mineral density and low body mass index in patients with non-celiac wheat-sensitivity: a prospective observation study. Free full text available in PDF format.
Diabetes in the Popular Press
- A Roanoke County 9-year-old who lives with Type 1 diabetes.
- Tonbridge dads taking on Ironman to help children with diabetes.
- Medtronic Diabetes and Dexcom Rivalry To Heat Up.
- AnimasĀ® Vibe Insulin Pump and Continuous Glucose Monitoring System Receives FDA Approval.
- The diaTribe Foundation Celebrates its First Anniversary as a Nonprofit.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Wednesday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. You can also unsubscribe there. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site and in diabetes.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:27:52
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.