Of Continuing Interest
- Make plans to attend Friends for Life 2015, to be held at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort from Monday, July 6th, through Sunday, July 12th, 2015. Our hotel block is open for reservations and conference registration is open.
- Make plans to attend Friends for Life Canada 2015, to be held at the Marriott Gateway on the Falls in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada, from October 23-25, 2015. Our hotel block is open for reservations and conference registration is open.
Other Stories of Continuing Interest
- Applications for the 2015 Diabetes Scholars Foundation College Scholarships are now online.
New This Week
- Last week's poll asked readers about which infusion set they use most often. This week's poll asks readers how often they check blood glucose levels during the night.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Help With The Hard Stuff by Lauren W. Tolle, PhD, and William T. O'Donohue, PhD.
- This week's Humorous Tidbit is:
My daughter came home from kindergarten and told me that her teacher almost sent her up to the nurse that day because she felt low. "Almost?" I asked (a little concerned). "Yeah," she said, "I was trying to tell her my CRAYON was low, and hard to color with. She didn't understand!"
- You know you're the parent of a child with diabetes when your laundry smells good because you accidentally washed the glucose tabs again. See more parent humor.
Featured Diabetes Team Question of the Week
- The Featured Ask the Diabetes Team Question of the Week is:
My recently diagnosed son has yellow stools. Is this common for those with diabetes?
See the answer.
From the CWD Forums
- From the CWD Forums:
To the new parents from your family here at CWD
Diabetes Blogs and Social Media
- Four of a Kind.
- Major Hypoglycemia News From Paris Diabetes Conference.
- 'Smart Insulin' More an Exciting Theory than Reality.
- "Replace-BG" Study Gathers Evidence for Insulin Dosing Off CGM Data (!).
- From Our Diabetes Notebook: Rounding Up the Latest Conferences.
- How to Safely Go Beast-Mode in Your Type 1 Workout.
- The Monster Under the Bed.
- Jeremy's Tips for Safe Drinking with Diabetes.
- Insulin in Schools: A Child's Right.
- CGM-measured glucose values have a strong correlation with C-peptide, HbA1c and IDAAC, but do poorly in predicting C-peptide levels in the two years following onset of diabetes.
- A Reassessment of the Survival Advantage of Simultaneous Kidney-Pancreas Versus Kidney-Alone Transplantation.
- Insulin Pump Risks and Benefits: A Clinical Appraisal of Pump Safety Standards, Adverse Event Reporting, and Research Needs. Free full text available in PDF format. See also Experts call for transparency on insulin pump problems and Diabetes Groups Call for Greater Scrutiny of Insulin Pumps.
- Bacterial infections in patients with type 1 diabetes: a 14-year follow-up study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Factors Associated with Nocturnal Hypoglycemia in At-Risk Adolescents and Young Adults with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Predictive Risk Factors for Fear of Hypoglycemia and Anxiety-Related Emotional Disorders among Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Fear of hypoglycaemia in adults with Type 1 diabetes: results from Diabetes MILES - The Netherlands.
- Assessment of psychosocial problems in children with type 1 diabetes and their families: the added value of using standardised questionnaires in addition to clinical estimations of nurses and paediatricians.
- The impact of a pure protein load on the glucose levels in type 1 diabetes patients treated with insulin pumps. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Effects of Acute Hypoglycemia on Working Memory and Language Processing in Adults With and Without Type 1 Diabetes.
- Psychosocial Functioning and Glycemic Control in Emerging Adults With Type 1 Diabetes: A 5-Year Follow-Up Study.
- In adult patients with type 1 diabetes healthy lifestyle associates with a better cardiometabolic profile.
- Electromagnetic Interference From Electronic Devices Used in the Management of Type 1 Diabetes Can Impair the Performance of an Avalanche Transceiver in Search Mode.
- Does gluten-free diet protect children with celiac disease from low bone density? Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
Diabetes in the Popular Press
- UCSD creates ink sensor for glucose.
- For diabetics, fatigue and burnout are a constant challenge.
- Local teen fights for diabetes awareness and funding.
- Type 1 diabetes didn't stop Anaheim Hills woman.
- Kroner: Judah's Allender has all-out effor.
- Biodel's Glucagon Formulation for Use in a Proprietary Auto-Reconstitution Device for the Treatment of Severe Hypoglycemia Meets Primary Efficacy Endpoint in Phase 1 Clinical Trial.
- The diabetes vaccine Diamyd® in new study to stop type 1 diabetes in children.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Wednesday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. You can also unsubscribe there. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site and in diabetes.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Wednesday March 18, 2015 18:55:49
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.