Upcoming CWD Conferences
Friends for Life® Anaheim 2016
September 16-18, 2016, 2016
Of Continuing Interest
- We report on our Friends for Life Orlando 2016 conference.
- The Diabetes Scholars Foundation is offering Family Scholarships for our Friends for Life® Anaheim 2016 conference.
- What diabetes outcomes beyond A1c matter most to YOU? The FDA wants to know!
- The Diabetes Scholars Foundation is hosting a virtual 5K walk/run. Our virtual walk/run is simple, stress free and fun. Sign up for our 5K and pledge to walk/run a 5K by Sweetest Day, October 15th. We will award you a tech t-shirt and a medal. The Diabetes Scholars Foundation relies on support from corporations and individual. Here's your chance to take some strides that will help students with diabetes make strides - through scholarships, conference attendance and more! Supporting our virtual run will help us continue to carry out our mission and you will be changing the life of someone living with type 1 diabetes. Thank you for your generous support. To register, go to our website at http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07ectm0hqx4bc1ccb8&llr=ccuybkkab. Thank you for your support.
New This Week
- Last week's poll asked readers how diabetes has impacted their children who don't have it. This week's poll asks readers who drive how often they check their blood sugar before the drive.
- The Featured Book of the Week is My Life as a Pancreas: Reflections on Raising a Child with Diabetes by Priscilla Call Essert.
- This week's Humorous Tidbit is:
My 4 year old daughter was diagnosed in November. Yesterday she came out of the washroom and announced very proudly, "Mummy, I tested my pee-tones. They were negative."
- You know you're the parent of a child with diabetes when you are talking about a friend's car problem as "He needs to fix his carbohydrates" instead of carburetor. See more parent humor.
Featured Diabetes Team Question of the Week
- The Featured Ask the Diabetes Team Question of the Week is:
My son gets headaches brought on by low blood sugar. Is this common? What can we do to prevent this?
See the answer.
From the CWD Forums
- From the CWD Forums:
Ideal basal patterns
Diabetes Care Products and Apps
- Dexcom launches data sharing in cloud-based diabetes management.
- Next Smart Insulin Pens Making it to Market.
- Medtrum. Disruption in the CGM and Artificial Pancreas Marketplace.... Coming Soon?
Diabetes in Social Media
- The Last D-Tech.
- Florida D-Mom: Teen Son with Type 1 Has Olympic Triathlon Hopes.
- No Room in My Life for Dia-Meanies.
- What Shocked Us Most â€” Having Type 1 Diabetes in Elementary School.
- Bigfoot Recruits for Its First Artificial Pancreas Trial.
- Patient Voices Winner Molly Schreiber Advocates Beyond Diabetes.
- Effectiveness of a Predictive Algorithm in the Prevention of Exercise-Induced Hypoglycemia in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Effect of autoimmunity risk loci on the honeymoon phase in type 1 diabetes.
- The role of glycemia in insulin resistance in youth with type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- Postpartum hypoglycaemia is common in the immediate postpartum period in Type 1 diabetes.
- Contemporary type 1 diabetes pregnancy outcomes: impact of obesity and glycaemic control.
- Adherence to insulin therapeutic regimens in patients with type 1 diabetes. A nationwide survey in Brazil.
- The gluten-free basic food basket: a problem of availability, cost and nutritional composition.
- Cancer in first-degree relatives of people with celiac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
Diabetes in the Popular Press
- Despite Challenges, RaeLynn, Eric Paslay and Other Stars Don't Let Type 1 Diabetes Limit Their Dreams.
- When 'normal teen' stuff is a warning sign of illness: What parents should know.
- Author Kurt Andersen Talks About Life With Diabetes.
- Will Your Prescription Meds Be Covered Next Year? Better Check.
- Will Embryonic Stem Cells Ever Cure Anything?
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Wednesday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. You can also unsubscribe there. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site and in diabetes.
Like Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Your Generous Donation
Allows Us To Help Families
With Type 1 Diabetes
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Wednesday August 17, 2016 20:29:09
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.