Upcoming CWD Conferences
Friends for Life® Anaheim 2017
May 5-7, 2017
Friends for Life® Orlando 2017
July 4-9, 2017
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Of Continuing Interest
- Prevent T1D is a place for families who are working to prevent Type 1 Diabetes. Many of us are parents who already have a child with T1D, and are looking for ways to delay or stop a second childâ€™s diagnosis.
- Riding on Insulin offers wonderful one-day ski and snowboard camps for kids ages 7-17 living with type 1 diabetes and their siblings.
- Before It's Too Late is a powerful reminder of the importance of knowing the signs of type 1 diabetes and educating others.
New This Week
- Volunteer Spotlight: Dr. Ben Szirth.
- Last week's poll asked readers when they think type 1 diabetes will be cured. This week's poll asks our readers if they are concerned about paying for diabetes care supplies.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Balancing Diabetes: Conversations about finding happiness and living well by Kerri Sparling.
- This week's Humorous Tidbit is:
My seven year old daughter was recently diagnosed with diabetes. A couple of weeks ago, my five year old son Brian told me that he wasn't feeling well because he cut his finger and saw the "hydrates coming out."
- You know you're the parent of a child with diabetes when you grab the meter after cutting YOURSELF - that big drop of blood's just too perfect to waste! See more parent humor.
Featured Diabetes Team Question of the Week
- The Featured Ask the Diabetes Team Question of the Week is:
Is it okay for a child to get Lantus only, as long as she is eating healthy and maintaining good blood sugar control? Does she need Actrapid for meals? She was diagnosed six years ago.
See the answer.
From the CWD Forums
- From the CWD Forums:
MDI vs. pump
Fundraising and Awareness
- Support Friends for Life Orlando by shopping for your holiday gifts at Schwans.
- Your Child can Receive a Personal Letter from Santa -- 6th Annual Tradition Continues!
Diabetes Care Products and Apps
- Dexcomâ€™s G6 Sensor Shines in Early Accuracy Study.
- The Newest Infusion Set: Medtronic/BD MiniMed Pro-set with FlowSmart.
Products, Services and Books
- LibreLinkUp App Launches in Europe, Enabling Remote Monitoring of FreeStyle Libre Sensor Readings.
- New App Demos at the DiabetesMine D-Data Exchange and Innovation Summit.
- Tandem added an "Innovations in Progress" product pipeline page to their web site.
Diabetes in Social Media
- Insulin is a Necessity, not a Luxury.
- What About the Patient Needs?
- Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic Properties of Faster-Acting Insulin Aspart versus Insulin Aspart Across a Clinically Relevant Dose Range in Subjects with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- A Comparison of Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic Properties Between Faster-Acting Insulin Aspart and Insulin Aspart in Elderly Subjects with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- A parasite-derived 68-mer peptide ameliorates autoimmune disease in murine models of Type 1 diabetes and multiple sclerosis.
- Oxygenation of the Intraportally Transplanted Pancreatic Islet. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Diabetes Device Use in Adults With Type 1 Diabetes: Barriers to Uptake and Potential Intervention Targets.
- Severe hypoglycemia rates are not associated with HbA1c: a cross-sectional analysis of 3 contemporary pediatric diabetes registry databases.
- Incidence Trends and Predictors of Hospitalization for Hypoglycemia in 17,230 Adult Patients With Type 1 Diabetes: A Danish Register Linkage Cohort Study.
- The Effect of Canagliflozin, a Sodium Glucose Cotransporter 2 Inhibitor, on Glycemic End Points Assessed by Continuous Glucose Monitoring and Patient-Reported Outcomes Among People With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Accurate Carbohydrate Counting Is an Important Determinant of Postprandial Glycemia in Children and Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes on Insulin Pump Therapy.
- Insulin pump failures in Italian children with Type 1 diabetes: retrospective 1-year cohort study.
- Relationship Between Gastric Emptying and Diurnal Glycemic Control in Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: A Randomized Trial.
- Psychiatric disorders during early adulthood in those with childhood onset type 1 diabetes: Rates and clinical risk factors from population-based follow-up.
- Clinical and Psychosocial Outcomes of a Structured Transition Program Among Young Adults With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Geographic Clustering of Acute Complications and Sociodemographic Factors in Adults with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Psychopathology, quality of life, and related factors in children with celiac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
Legal and Legislative
- A Sick Calculation About Prescription Drugs.
- Insulin prices skyrocket, putting many diabetics in a bind.
- National Meeting Addresses Insulin Affordability and Access (!).
- Are PBMs Driving Up The Price of Insulin?
Diabetes in the Popular Press
- Holcombe doesn't let diabetes hold him back.
- Hunter Norment perseveres through Type 1 diabetes.
- Family shares message of diabetes diagnosis and prevention.
- 10 injections a day: How a Waycross child lives with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Tech freshman educates others on living with diabetes.
- How to help your child manage their diabetes.
- Ascensia Diabetes Care Receives FDA Clearance for the App-Enabled CONTOURÂ®NEXT ONE Blood Glucose Monitoring System.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail
Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Wednesday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. You can also unsubscribe there. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site and in diabetes.
Like Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Your Generous Donation
Allows Us To Help Families
With Type 1 Diabetes
Last Updated: Wednesday November 30, 2016 16:22:24
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.