- Sierra Faith, a wonderful young lady, joins Kids' Voices.
- Questions and Answers from The Diabetes Team now include the date they were posted. Since the number of questions has gotten large, the main page includes only questions posted in the last seven days. Messages posted in previous months are still accessible.
- children with DIABETES now has a Message Board for posting and reading messages. Please stop by for a look. The Message Board is under final testing now.
- We review the Precision QID blood glucose meter from MediSense.
- Bearskin Meadow Camp, near Kings Canyon National Park (south of Yosemite), hosts kids with diabetes as young as seven years old. There are even sessions for families and adults with diabetes! Be sure to visit all of the Camps for Children with Diabetes and plan to attend the camp nearest you this summer.
- The North Florida Guild of the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation has a web site that spotlights Lindsey, a young girl with diabetes.
- Read The Monitor, the newsletter of the St. Louis Chapter of the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation.
- You can now order ADA books and magazines on-line at the ADA Publications web site.
- Dr. John Corbett of Saint Louis University pursues research into the underlying biochemical basis for the destruction of beta cells that causes Type 1 diabetes. He received a Career Development Award from the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation. Read about other researchers on the Government Institutions, Universities and Hospital links page.
- Five students from the University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy prepared Home Testing For Glucose as an aid for pharmacy students.
- The Pediatric Internet Directory contains links to dozens of exceptional Internet resources. See Links for Parents for additional non-diabetes links.
- There are two new Computerized Meal Planning products:
- Diabetes Meal Planner version 4.4 for Windows builds upon previous NutriGenie products.
- The Palmtop Nutritionist by Mirical Nutrition Corporation is a program for the HP95XL Palmtop Computer that helps you analyze your meals.
- Sugars, Insulin, Appetite, and Body Fat discusses Smart Basic's fruit drinks, but also shows you the glycemic index of various sugars.
- Ever wondered who writes children with DIABETES? You can meet the editor.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:24
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.