Items of Continuing Importance
New for This Week
- The Kassebaum-Kennedy Health Care Reform Act of 1995 (S.1028) needs your help.
- Parents should read about the Diabetes Prevention Trial and enroll non-diabetic siblings.
- The Friends database now has hundreds of names of parents, kids, and adults willing to exchange e-mail. Be sure to stop by and search for a new friend.
- Fly Your Name to Saturn on the Cassini Mission to Saturn and its moon Titan.
- Dr. Tessa Lebinger, Pediatric Endocrinologist, joins the Diabetes Team to answer your questions about diabetes. Each answer will now have the initials of the author, plus an e-mail link.
- Kelli tells us about diabetes changing her life. In Kids' Voices.
- New Camps for Children with Diabetes include:
- Camp Glyndon in Marlyand provides a camping experience not only for kids with diabetes, but for their families too!
- Camp Kno-Koma provides adventures for young people with diabetes in West Virginia. Ever seen counselors covered in shaving cream? Stop by for a look.
- Camp KUDOS is a day camp for kids with diabetes ages four through 13 who live near Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Florida Camp for Children and Youth with Diabetes sits on 47 acres on the shores of beautiful Lake Winona.
- Twin Lakes Diabetes Camp in Mississippi hosts kids ages 7 to 15.
- The Juvenile Diabetes Foundation web site has information about a special JDF MasterCard and the Captain Novolin Nintendo game.
- Production of Endogenous Insulin, part of Eli Lilly's Managing Your Diabetes site, provides an in-depth look at insulin.
- Medic Drug's Pharmacy Page has some good information about human insulin.
- The Robert H. Williams Laboratory for Diabetes Research is trying to discover diabetes genes and to determine how these genes, together with environmental factors, allow the immune system to attack the insulin-producing cells in the islets of Langerhans in the pancreas.
- This week's new recipes are a wonderful Sunshine Cake with Orange Cream Cheese Glaze.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:38
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.