- Parents' Voices gains two new articles this week:
- Ellen Hagarty writes about her daughter Melissa, who was diagnosed in February 1995 at the age of four.
- Bob Murray recounts the onset of diabetes in his son Jake.
- The Mansfield Area (Ohio) Juvenile Diabetes Suport Group will be holding its annual fund raiser on Saturday May 18th from 9 AM to 12 Noon at the Gorman Nature Center in Mansfield, Ohio, to raise funds to send kids with diabetes to summer camp.
- We review Raising A Child With Diabetes by Linda Siminerio, RN, MS, CDE, and Jean Betschart, RN, MN, CDE.
- GlucoStat Diabetes Software, written by Gary Argento, one of the SYSOPs for CompuServe's Diabetes Forum, runs on Windows-based PC's. You can read a brief summary of the program's features. Be patient--there's a large graphic that serves as the background for the page.
- Healthtouch® On-line has some information about Kidneys & Diabetes and Periodontal Disease & Diabetics. You can also search for "insulin" in their pharmacy search page.
- CenterWatch has information about several new diabetes trials underway.
- The Juvenile Diabetes Foundation website has the following new material:
- Summer Fruit Trifle is this week's new recipe.
Watch for the indicator throughout the children with DIABETES pages. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:38
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.